Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:43 PM

114 posts, read 99,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I would support allowing an all volunteer US force to march right into Israel and kick ever single settler and IDF soldier out of the occupied territories.

And if they resisted by force, then they would get a bullet.

How does that grab you?
If they want to give up American citizenship i would be ok with it. I still think that letting Americans join the armed forces of a other nation poses a conflict of interest and opens up a can of warms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 03:47 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Would agree to this if in addition those soldiers marched into Palistine and killed all of the hamas members. Then we will have gotten rid of the religious nutjobs standing in the way of peace from both sides
All that is needed is to get these Israeli thugs off of the land they stole. That would end it there. Hamas is the fairly elected government. They should stay.
The violence will end shorty afterwards.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:57 PM

1,300 posts, read 960,657 times
Quote:
All that is needed is to get these Israeli thugs off of the land they stole. That would end it there. Hamas is the fairly elected government. They should stay.
The violence will end shorty afterwards.

This is unbelievably naive. Hamas is an islamist group with an agenda, the palestinians are just the host the hamas parasite is using.

Even in the unlikely event that loser Bibi showed some political courage and stopped settlement expansion and went back to 67 borders, we would still have to ensure the security of israel from hamas and hezbollah.

however such action would strengnthen the hand of abbas against hamas and maybe start the process of the palastinians throwing those bums out.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
This is unbelievably naive. Hamas is an islamist group with an agenda, the palestinians are just the host the hamas parasite is using.

Even in the unlikely event that loser Bibi showed some political courage and stopped settlement expansion and went back to 67 borders, we would still have to ensure the security of israel from hamas and hezbollah.

however such action would strengnthen the hand of abbas against hamas and maybe start the process of the palastinians throwing those bums out.
Your a victim (or spreader) of right wing Israeli propaganda.

Even Israeli's themselves believe their government should talk with Hamas

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...08/02/27/hamas

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...5AC1CC20091113

Old 09-30-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Your a victim (or spreader) of right wing Israeli propaganda.

Even Israeli's themselves believe their government should talk with Hamas

Majority of Israelis want to negotiate with Hamas - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Israelis seen backing possible talks with Hamas | Reuters

I am very much a critic of and detest Israels right wing and see them as an internal threat to democracy in that country.

I also see that hamas is not to be trusted. Why do you think hamas has opposed the recent push for Palastinian statehood in the UN by Abbas?

They do not want success by him to strenghthen his hand politically among the palastinians, they care more about their organizational power than about what is best for palistine.

Again, they have an ulterior agenda and their position needs to be weakened along with that of Avi Leiberman & the israeli right

Old 09-30-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
I am very much a critic of and detest Israels right wing and see them as an internal threat to democracy in that country.

I also see that hamas is not to be trusted. Why do you think hamas has opposed the recent push for Palastinian statehood in the UN by Abbas?

They do not want success by him to strenghthen his hand politically among the palastinians, they care more about their organizational power than about what is best for palistine.

Again, they have an ulterior agenda and their position needs to be weakened along with that of Avi Leiberman & the israeli right
This is what you wrote:

"....and killed all of the hamas members."

Are you arguing to kill all Hamas members or are you arguing that Hamas is untrustworthy like the Israeli government is?

I don't believe in the need to kill Hamas members, but on the other hand I'm sure they are not to trusted.

They are "rational actors"...which is the only thing you need to negotiate with people....that they be "rational". (that they not want to die). .. trust, character has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
This is what you wrote:

"....and killed all of the hamas members."

Are you arguing to kill all Hamas members or are you arguing that Hamas is untrustworthy like the Israeli government is?

I don't believe in the need to kill Hamas members, but on the other hand I'm sure they are not to trusted.

They are "rational actors"...which is the only thing you need to negotiate with people....that they be "rational". that they not want to die. .. trust, character has nothing to do with it.

i was responing with hyperbole to what i thought was a hyperbolic post about shooting israeli settlers if they resisted. i actually dont trust either side and believe that netanyahu is too beholden to the crazies in his coalition to negotiate with honestly

although to be honest i wouldnt mind seeing religious right of both groups die.

And the ONLY way anyone is going to be able to effectively negotiate with hamas is if their position is first severly weakened and they feel they are or are in danger of becoming seriously out of favor with the palistinian public

Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
i was responing with hyperbole to what i thought was a hyperbolic post about shooting israeli settlers if they resisted. i actually dont trust either side and believe that netanyahu is too beholden to the crazies in his coalition to negotiate with honestly

although to be honest i wouldnt mind seeing religious right of both groups die.

And the ONLY way anyone is going to be able to effectively negotiate with hamas is if their position is first severly weakened and they feel they are or are in danger of becoming seriously out of favor with the palistinian public
Hamas would welcome with open arms US troops that kicked these settlers and IDF soldiers off their land. It's only the Israelis you would need to worry about shooting at US troops.

Which is ironic considering that the underlying point of this thread is that Israel is such a "good friend" of the US ...that our soldiers should be killed in their wars.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Hamas would welcome with open arms US troops that kicked these settlers and IDF soldiers off their land. It's only the Israelis you would need to worry about shooting at US troops.
This is simply wrong. Hamas has an islamist agenda and would need to be dealt with at least as harshly as the settlers were we to send in troops.

Hamas must be severly decimated, either politically or physically before they can be negotiated with. It is best if they simply lose political power and israel negotiates with abbas. Of course the religous right that is spurring the settlement expansion will need to be seriously weakened as well before any israeli leader is going to be able to be an honest negotiator.

If it becomes so desperate that we need to send troops into the region then things have clearly reached a near hopeless desperate level such that it would be a good idea to forcibly dispach with the trouble makers from both sides, as neither can be reasoned with so long as they believe themselves strong

Old 10-05-2011, 07:38 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Hamas must be severly decimated, either politically or physically before they can be negotiated with.
Lets look at Taliban and Al-Qaeda as test cases. How well has that worked out? How many times has the US gone into a country and removed a leader or a leading group and then end up being cursed at by the new leaders to leave or being shot at by the new leadership? Has any attempted negotiations ever worked? If it doesn't work with these groups, why would anyone think it would work with Hamas?

The US needs to stay out of the Middle East. Period. Let the EU deal with it since they are much closer to it.

If the US hypothetically sends troops to Israel to assist them, mostly every single poster on CD knows that no Israeli Jew would shoot at Americans once the conflict was over. This cannot be said for any other Arab country, except for Kuwait, that we have sent troops too. And one of my sons knows this too well as yesterday he was told he was going to Afghanistan for the 8th time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies