Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Here is a thought. The man was a thug. a murdering thug he got what he deserved. They all should.
I am so sick of the lame arguments it wasn't his fault he was on drugs, drunk, not loved as a child blah blah blah.
Troy Davis AKA RAH is dead because he deserved it. He murdered a cop, he shot another man the same night if I am not mistaken. he was pistol whipping a homeless man. I only wish that Davis made good food for the worms as that would be about his only redeeming value.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
It's logical.
LOL - there is nothing logical about your analysis.

I understand that you want to believe that racism is involved here - but the data not not fit such a conclusion.

You need to look at objective facts - not start with prejudices and bias and then fit the data to match your preconceptions.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:08 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,632,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i checked it. page 15 says nothing to document that "if the murderer is black and the victim is white, the murderer is certain to get death while in reverse only a few white murderers received death when the victim was black."
that fact that scumbag mumia is still sucking air says you're wrong. along with the thousands of other cases where black murderers of white people failed to get the death penalty..

all of your huffing and puffing is completely irrelevant to the question of whether leniency may be based on remorse.

oh, really

and what is the southern white folk stereotype? a propensity to argue against the clueless?
A propensity to be as sharp as a donut.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:10 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
LOL - there is nothing logical about your analysis.

I understand that you want to believe that racism is involved here - but the data not not fit such a conclusion.

You need to look at objective facts - not start with prejudices and bias and then fit the data to match your preconceptions.
People thrive on excuses. It saves them from accepting person responsibility.
The bank forclosed on my house. I was 6 months behind but it wasnt my fault. The bank gave me a lone when they knew I couldnt pay it back. How did you not know you couldn't pay it back?? Oh dont ask that it is not PC.
My son is in jail it's not his fault. He was on drugs when he got in a fight and stabbed someone.
My son is in jail. Its not his fault. No one would hire him because of his record so he had to join a gang. They made him kill that drug dealer.
Now we hear. Davis was put to death because. Drum rolling He was black. Not because he killed a cop.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
I see - so people should be able to call other people racists because they are too lazy to do their own spadework.

Its much easier to use a loaded word and throw it around indiscriminately then it is to look for objective data to support your conclusions - is that it?

You were/are asking for a legal analysis of race and the death penalty which is a very unreasonable demand of someone without a law degree or at least paralegal training. Seems to me the OP was suggesting there is some relationship between the race of the convicted person and execution, which is not an unusual topic. Doesn't require one to be a legal expert in order to call attention to that possible connection. (Btw, the word you're looking for above is "than" not "then." Of course I realize that could have just been a typo). I've given you some objective data on the subject; what do you have to say about that? Obviously, according to the death penalty information center web site, the connection between race and victims/defendants is something people in that field do look at and research. I am certainly no expert in the death penalty but I have taken some time to read information on that web site to try to get a general understanding.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You were/are asking for a legal analysis of race and the death penalty which is a very unreasonable demand of someone without a law degree or at least paralegal training. Seems to me the OP was suggesting there is some relationship between the race of the convicted person and execution, which is not an unusual topic. Doesn't require one to be a legal expert in order to call attention to that possible connection. (Btw, the word you're looking for above is "than" not "then." Of course I realize that could have just been a typo). I've given you some objective data on the subject; what do you have to say about that? Obviously, according to the death penalty information center web site, the connection between race and victims/defendants is something people in that field do look at and research. I am certainly no expert in the death penalty but I have taken some time to read information on that web site to try to get a general understanding.
Sigh... see post #53.

It doesn't take a law degree to do a Google search and find a similar case in which a black man was granted clemency by the same parole board that granted Crowe clemency.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Sigh... see post #53.

It doesn't take a law degree to do a Google search and find a similar case in which a black man was granted clemency by the same parole board that granted Crowe clemency.
That's not what you originally asked for.

//www.city-data.com/forum/25088153-post39.html

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 07-09-2012 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 07-09-2012, 01:51 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
It's really too bad that "Judge Mathis" was unfamiliar with the case. I stopped listening when he said 7 of the 9 witnesses.. There were 34 witnesses in case people would like to know.

7 people recanted? That's a joke also.

Really? This is what you are you are basing the request for a retrial on, out of 34 witnesses?
Why bring facts into the argument? Fact is, Troy Davis was guilty and a bunch of fools stood up for him. He deserved to die and deserved to die much sooner then what he did.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
That's not what you originally asked for.

//www.city-data.com/forum/25088153-post39.html
Actualy - it is.

Did Daniel Greene receive the death penalty? No. - He was given life in prison without parole.

The similaries are total in both Greene and Crowe - both had been scheduled for execution - both had their sentences reviewed by the same parole board - both expressed remorse - and both were granted clemency. Greene is black and Crowe is white.

I asked the OP to find a case similar to Crowe involving a black man - he refused to do so because it would require possibly abandoning the idea that the board was motivated by race. I did it for him - and here we are.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
I'm majoring in criminal justice so this is just something I learned. The unfortunate fact is minorities get f#cked all the way from petty crimes to death penalty sentences, only ignorant people don't recognize that. I remember a statistic that basically said, if the murderer is black and the victim is white, the murderer is certain to get death while in reverse only a few white murderers received death when the victim was black. Google for some studies, I am sure you'll find someth.
1/6 of all drug users are black, 1/3 of theose arrested and 2/3 of those doing time for drug charges are black. All of that difference does not have to do with income disparity imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies