Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:43 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,258 times

Advertisements

OMG...some girls played this game and now they are up for felony sexual abuse. It's McMinnville, Or. How on earth could they think a game, with everyone, girls and boys playing could put these innocent girls in prison. Maybe for 30 years. I am so angered. These girls...I know are not bad...but the hit those those young men. Oh, got it wrong. The were male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 11:55 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
For those looking for an article on it.. (http://whatmatters2us.blogspot.com/2007/08/slap-butt-day-victims-disavow-criminal.html - broken link)

When one person, JUST ONE, goes home crying to their mother about how some buy touched her butt. I can understand the mothers getting upset. Personally, I think that the children themselves should get suspension and an assignment (yard work for the school) as a punishment. However, any school official that was present for these activities should be the one going to jail.

The school officials should be in trouble for allowing such actions to be taken in school. Yes, they're children, but when I was a child, I would not have wanted to be slapped on the bottom by ANYBODY.

However, if the school officials told them NOT TO and the kids did so anyways, then yes. The children should be in trouble.

Trying to use this incident as a "boys get treated worse than girls" is a double-edged sword. Whenever somebody comes forth, especially when their MOM is present, they get treated as a victim and are made to FEEL like a true victim. Children play into that "You poor thing" phase.

Best thing investigators can do is find who allowed the actions or who is at TRUE fault for this and get it taken care of. Children need to learn to keep their hands to themselves. I wouldn't have wanted to been slapped on the butt by a boy. I would not want my DAUGHTER to be slapped on the butt by a boy. Especially if she didn't want to be a part of it.

Now if she was doing the action, too. Then she would have no right to complain.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:55 PM

512 posts, read 1,564,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
For those looking for an article on it.. (http://whatmatters2us.blogspot.com/2007/08/slap-butt-day-victims-disavow-criminal.html - broken link)

Now if she was doing the action, too. Then she would have no right to complain.

Should she be punished same as a male would be?

Old 08-20-2007, 01:01 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepl View Post
Should she be punished same as a male would be?
Of course. IMO, anybody involved should be punished the same as everyone else. However, society and such will automatically make the females "victims" since "doing such action is unlady-like."

Old 08-20-2007, 01:15 PM

512 posts, read 1,564,779 times
I think that frame of mind is gradually changing with women becoming more assertive and more self-confident as the years go by. Women are more likely to go after what they want nowadays than in the past.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:24 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
OMG...some girls played this game and now they are up for felony sexual abuse. It's McMinnville, Or. How on earth could they think a game, with everyone, girls and boys playing could put these innocent girls in prison. Maybe for 30 years. I am so angered. These girls...I know are not bad...but the hit those those young men. Oh, got it wrong. The were male.
So now we're trying to set a legal precedent that will make baseball players rich everywhere?

People need to get over themselves. Distasteful maybe, but criminal? Hardly.

I think the one bringing the suit should have her ass grabbed a few times. I hope the whole town where she lives in starts doing it to her. I'd like to see them arrest everybody.

~T

Old 08-20-2007, 06:19 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,377,702 times
I can't believe what a waste of money and time this is. Give the kids saturday school, make them apologize, and get over it. I spent summers in McMinnville as a kid, its a great little city. Too bad the DA is doing this.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:26 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
I could use a good tush slappin, where is it again, Oregon?

Old 08-21-2007, 04:22 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,268 times
Good example of zero tolerance insurgent lawyers run amok.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
The case has been dismissed and, of course, the defendants will now countersue.

... Cory Mashburn and Ryan Cornelison walked out of the courtroom free from supervision for the first time in six months after apologizing to four girls as part of a compromise that averted a sexual harassment trial. They had been accused of swatting girls on the buttocks and touching two girls on the breast at their middle school. ...

The complete story here:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...l=7&thispage=1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies