Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:53 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you think our Federal Government controlled education system is doing such a good job that we should continue dumping money down that black hole?
No, what I'm saying is that teachers should be given the opportunity to actually teach and be rewarded for the acheivements of their students. The Board should not be manipulated by non-educators for political gains, religous and extreme idealogy and focus on the things that this country has been lagging behind the rest of the world (math/science)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Instead of using cartoonish talk radio rhetoric...could you please tell me where I'm wrong?
I think you misunderstood me, I totally agree with you I was just adding to the fact why the tea baggers want to keep americans ignorant. If they cannot think on their own they will continuosly be victims to the corporate media barrons and be told what to think and say.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:58 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Really?? How do you think that millionaires got that way? Off of the backs of the poor and middle class. The last time that I checked I did not see any CEO's who are left companies with 50 million dollar "golden parachutes" after laying off half the company providing jobs to anyone. As far as the assumption that they are paying 50-60%, you are kidding right? This is the reason that they hire armies of tax lawyers and accountants so they can find write-offs and loop holes. Can you write off your corporate jet or your private yacht as a tax exemption?

If they are taxed more, so what! They have profitted well over the past 10 years and now it is time for them to pay their fair share and not what you think that they pay either
Here's what Libs don't get. Yes, you can write those things off. You may not own them, but if you did, they would be a write off. There is not ONE write off that is only for the rich (whatever THAT means).

The same could be said of the bottom half of Americans that PAY NOTHING. They've profited well, and it's time for them to pay their fair share. If they're taxed more, so what? Dollar for dollar, they get more of my tax dollars than the rich, and I'm sick of it.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Do you consider the last 7-8 years a "good run?" Man, it must be nice. Apparently you were not in the military during that time, ask the average E1-E5 how much fun they had
Apparently you never got the memo that the military is voluntary.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Good point...

Another good point...

All the major carriers you see out there today started from poor or middle class drivers with 1 or 2 trucks...from Werner Enterprise to Swife to Snieder to JB Hunt....they weren't 'rich' when they started their operations....they were poor or middle class folks with a vision and determination....and as a result of their vision...and big loans from the banks...they are now able to employ many....

Very good point...

Rich folks never risk their own money to 'create' jobs....what a talk radio lie....

The 'rich' risk other peoples money...not their own...

No rich person reaches into their own personal account and creates jobs....what a farse....

And when the rich loose their money...we bail them out...but when they make money...we're kept out....the working class that is...
OMG - the ignorance is astounding......

These "other people"? Don't you think they're rich?

And we don't bail out everyone. Most businesses that fail just go under. Unless of course you're a big Dem campaign contributor, a relative of the former Speaker of the House, or the union.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is that teachers should be given the opportunity to actually teach and be rewarded for the acheivements of their students. The Board should not be manipulated by non-educators for political gains, religous and extreme idealogy and focus on the things that this country has been lagging behind the rest of the world (math/science)
The manipulation is not because of political gain, and religious and extreme ideology.

It's because of the unions. Teachers can't be rewarded for achievement because unions only reward seniority.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I think you misunderstood me, I totally agree with you I was just adding to the fact why the tea baggers want to keep americans ignorant. If they cannot think on their own they will continuosly be victims to the corporate media barrons and be told what to think and say.
If you're going to call Americans ignorant, you may want to NOT USE a disgusting, vile, sexual reference.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Here's what Libs don't get. Yes, you can write those things off. You may not own them, but if you did, they would be a write off. There is not ONE write off that is only for the rich (whatever THAT means).

Sure, the middle class can hire tax lawyers to help them write off things but the cost of a good tax lawyer/accountant will cost as much (if not more) than the actual write off. Incidentally, being "rich" is a relative term. If you have enough assests that you can actually write-off compare to someone who does not, they may consider you to be rich

The same could be said of the bottom half of Americans that PAY NOTHING. They've profited well, and it's time for them to pay their fair share. If they're taxed more, so what? Dollar for dollar, they get more of my tax dollars than the rich, and I'm sick of it.

Hmmm, so someone getting 452.00 a month in cash is getting more than someone writing off the use of 25 million dollar yacht is getting more of your tax dollars? I don't recall the poor pushing politicians to go to war to steal the resources of other countries nor do I see them benefitting from it either. You rant all that you want against the less fortunate, but remeber Karma is a b*tch!

Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 PM

927 posts, read 1,458,590 times
Quote:
Hmmm, so someone getting 452.00 a month in cash is getting more than someone writing off the use of 25 million dollar yacht is getting more of your tax dollars? I don't recall the poor pushing politicians to go to war to steal the resources of other countries nor do I see them benefitting from it either. You rant all that you want against the less fortunate, but remeber Karma is a b*tch!

They get what they EARN!

WTF ... I have very little to recoup the over 10 grand a year in taxes I deal with ...
How many poor people get ALL their tax back?
Sure as heck isn't me!

Old 09-29-2011, 01:50 PM

4,560 posts, read 4,098,948 times

Bill Maher Exposes Right-Wing Euphemism For "Rich People" - YouTube

The end of the OP clip was missing. I don't know if anyone else found it and posted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies