Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:37 PM

278 posts, read 577,091 times

Advertisements

I have been reading about the many manufacturing jobs available in this country, that are unfilled. Why is no one interested in doing this work? They are skilled jobs, of course your hands may get dirty, but people would be working. They stated the reason there are not more manufacturing jobs is we do not have the skilled workforce to fill them. These companies are begging for help,and many said they will train people.

It is high time people got off their high horse, thinking everyone should be a lawyer or doctor and get back to the real world and earn a living. I would like to see the government cancel all unemployment benefits until there was not a single open job position of any kind. Get out there and do something, to pay your own way, when I see things available, and people still complaining about the lack of jobs I have no sympathy for any of them. People are sorry who think so many jobs are below them, but accepting a government handout is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 01:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Unending benifits is what is at play. Why work if your getting things for free? I guess you havn't listened to obama and biden. Apparently to them unemployment benifits stimulate the economy.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:41 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldraider View Post
I have been reading about the many manufacturing jobs available in this country, that are unfilled. Why is no one interested in doing this work? They are skilled jobs, of course your hands may get dirty, but people would be working. They stated the reason there are not more manufacturing jobs is we do not have the skilled workforce to fill them. These companies are begging for help,and many said they will train people.

It is high time people got off their high horse, thinking everyone should be a lawyer or doctor and get back to the real world and earn a living. I would like to see the government cancel all unemployment benefits until there was not a single open job position of any kind. Get out there and do something, to pay your own way, when I see things available, and people still complaining about the lack of jobs I have no sympathy for any of them. People are sorry who think so many jobs are below them, but accepting a government handout is not.
We have people in politics, unions, and schools filling kids' heads with propaganda that claims that, without a college diploma, you can't amount to anything.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:41 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldraider View Post

No takers, because there are no jobs.

It's all a lie.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,015 times
A plumber who knows what he's doing and doesn't try to rip you off is worth about 5 PhD's...

Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Unending benifits is what is at play. Why work if your getting things for free? I guess you havn't listened to obama and biden. Apparently to them unemployment benifits stimulate the economy.
There ARE no jobs.

And, yes, people spending money does stimulate the economy, whether it comes from jobs or unemployment benefits.

Of course, jobs are preferable. No one will dispute that.

It's just that...

There ARE no jobs.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:46 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Plenty of jobs. Here's 1500 according to this paper.

desmoinesregister.com - CareerBuilder - Jobs

Old 09-27-2011, 01:47 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,210,026 times
My sister and her boyfriend had no problems getting on at a tire plant. They are always hiring.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
There are jobs. But its more complicated than that. Granted a lot of them are technical and require skill and/or education. Many companies just put these out there because its the law when the really want to bring in h1b1 workers because the can't "find" anybody qualified.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:53 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
A plumber who knows what he's doing and doesn't try to rip you off is worth about 5 PhD's...
And worth about 300 MBAs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies