Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2011, 02:35 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

Elizabeth Warren is really pissing off Wall Street and their pro-plutocrat allies in the right-wing media.

After a video of Warren talking about the deficit and the social contract went viral last week (see above), Rush Limbaugh, the Fiscal Times and Rich Lowrey all spent time attacking her. Now, Lowrey has decided to spend another column going after her, and places like the Daily Caller and Reason have piled on. There is also this gem from right-wing blog Wizbang:

Quote:
When I hear the word “contract” I reach for my revolver think of two unique definitions — formally, a legally binding mutual agreement made between two or more parties, or idiomatically, an attempt to hire an assassin to kill one or more of your enemies.
Daily Kos: Right-wing blog on Elizabeth Warren's viral video: 'I reach for my revolver'

What a disgusting and brainwashed individual operating with a herd of sheep's mindset!

Quote:
We need to get her back in the face of these attacks. &Please, join with Daily Kos and CREDO Action by signing our petition thanking Elizabeth Warren for speaking the truth. She needs to know—and those who might follow in her footsteps need to know—that we stand with her in this fight.

Sign the petition to urge Warren to continue to speak her mind...

Thank you, Elizabeth Warren!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 02:41 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Is she saying that Corporations and the people who work in then don't pay taxes?
Then what is the message she is putting forward here? The message is nothing, she is saying nothing and the lefties are swooning.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:16 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
funny that a crossed-out 'reach for my revolver' phrase by some low-level blogger produces such rage amongst the 'bots, yet the president of the US saying 'if they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun' produces no such frenzy.

selective outrage, anyone?

Old 09-27-2011, 03:17 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Downright disgusting. Can the hatefilled right ever not incite using violence?

Old 09-27-2011, 03:21 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Downright disgusting. Can the hatefilled right even not incite using violence?
Can Hollywood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies