Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:33 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Yup.

And how long will it be before there's another "scuffle" and there's a mad rush of anti-Palestinian sentiment once again?
About six months or so before US elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have decided that there is only one true solution: there must be a war between Israel and the Palestines. Let war decide the boundries.

Now, I, being a reasonable person, would allow the Palestinians' time to arm themselves and, if they wish, make allies with other nations in the area. Set a firm date for the start of the war (so long as it does not start on the Holy Days of Friday or Saturday, and I guess Sunday). I think Monday would be good. Let us say: the first Monday in February.

Let blood be spilt. That is the only way a 'solution' can be arrived at. If the Palestinians and allies destroy Israel, then so be it. If Israel bombs every Palestinian off the face of the earth, along with the Syrians, etc., then so be it. Or, if the battles are so bloody that all involved are horrified, then they may iron out an agreement at the negotiating table.

Someone once said that War is the result of the failure of diplomacy. Diplomacy has failed. Let the dogs of War loose!
Just an interesting note... your reputation was at 666 when this was posted

Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Just an interesting note... your reputation was at 666 when this was posted

I thought I was feeling more evil than usual for the past weeks, with it reaching its peak with my latest post!

Now that 666 is out of the way, I am starting to get a slight feeling of anxiety and doom, which may well increase until I get to post 2012, at which time I shall probably explode.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have decided that there is only one true solution: there must be a war between Israel and the Palestines. Let war decide the boundries.

Now, I, being a reasonable person, would allow the Palestinians' time to arm themselves and, if they wish, make allies with other nations in the area. Set a firm date for the start of the war (so long as it does not start on the Holy Days of Friday or Saturday, and I guess Sunday). I think Monday would be good. Let us say: the first Monday in February.

Let blood be spilt. That is the only way a 'solution' can be arrived at. If the Palestinians and allies destroy Israel, then so be it. If Israel bombs every Palestinian off the face of the earth, along with the Syrians, etc., then so be it. Or, if the battles are so bloody that all involved are horrified, then they may iron out an agreement at the negotiating table.

Someone once said that War is the result of the failure of diplomacy. Diplomacy has failed. Let the dogs of War loose!
I'm sure Israel would love the idea of a war as a solution. With their vastly superior military, eliminating virtually unarmed Palestinians would be a cake walk.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM

114 posts, read 99,077 times
Stuff like this is why i think Israel will not be here in 50 years.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:46 AM

608 posts, read 923,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I'm sure Israel would love the idea of a war as a solution. With their vastly superior military, eliminating virtually unarmed Palestinians would be a cake walk.
Just as much as the Palestinians love blowing up unarmed Isreali citizens on a daily to weekly basis for no justifiable reason at all.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:47 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
The only solution to the middle east problem is one side totally exterminates the other.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:23 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
They've been playing this Peace game for over 44 years now. The Palestinian leaders keep on throwing wrenches into Peace deals thus causing stagnation. Israel is dealing with reality here. Israels population is growing daily. Israel can't build to the south because of daily Gaza rockets and cant build to the north due to infiltrators from Hezbollah. So the only safe place they can build is near/around Jerusalem. If the Palestinians shoot a rocket at a settlement and miss and hit the city of Jerusalem, the Israelis will be the least of their problems. The surrounding Arab Muslims will come in and wipe the Palestinians out since they are not held to the same high standards of international law as Israel is.
So let me get this straight?

Israelis are under threat of Palestinian rockets falling on their houses.

So Israel evicts Palestinians, bulldozes their houses, and builds new houses for Israelis.

The only way Israel can prevent settlements from being targeted is, well, to build even more settlements for the Palestinians to fire rockets at. Got it!

Naturally, the bulldozing of settlements and appropriation of land has nothing to do with Palestinians firing rockets in the first place. They're all just jealous haters. It's in their DNA to hate!

Of course, the Palestinians should be happy about the demolition of their settlements. They should just wipe their chins and walk away.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 09-28-2011 at 11:28 AM..

Old 09-28-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
Just as much as the Palestinians love blowing up unarmed Isreali citizens on a daily to weekly basis for no justifiable reason at all.
Hmm...

Let's arrange for me to move into your house and take your belongings. Don't worry, I'll get a foreign government to sanction it, so you really should be okay with it. If you're nice, I might give you 25-30 percent of your stuff back.

By the way, if you attempt to take back your house, I reserve the right to defend myself.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM

I'm really curious as to how people think the whole Israel-Palestine situation was supposed to go down. Were the Palestinians supposed to welcome that news with open arms? Was it a reason for them to celebrate? Honestly.

I guess the Palestinians should feel the same way the slaves felt about being uprooted from the God-forsaken dark continent called Africa.

Massa dun brought us here to America. Massa dun gave me shoes. Massa dun gave me clothes. Massa gave me da backhouse to live in. Shoot, Massa even gave me a job! Lord knows I woulda been sittin round being lazy in ol' Africa, doin' voodoo and worshippin' the Devil. But thanks to Massa, I stay busy out in dem fields o'er yonder pickin' cotton all day long. Massa give me pork to eat. I got pine floors in my shack. After 10 years or so, I even gets to wear da Massa's clothes. Why do Massa treat me so goooooood? I love my Massa. When my Massa sick, we be sick. I says, "We sick boss!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies