Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:27 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,510,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
[/color]
Read more: Ala. lawmaker sorry for 'aborigines' - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

The GOP just breeds racism.
[/LEFT]
They don't care. They laugh at stuff like this soon as they are "amongst friends" If we as black people don't do everything we can to stop this new wave of total racist tea party power we will owe our children an apology for allowing what we freedom King and that generation fought for to not be giving to them. This is our fault for not meeting the tea party head on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 01:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,376,466 times
I don't get how this is something he should apologize for.

Did he use the "n" word? No.

What's the big deal.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,376,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
Want me to give you a crap load list of democrats racism remarks?
No kiddin' and by our very own Vice President as well.

Biden has had more than a few choice words and phrases roll off his tongue.

Quote:
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
Biden's description of Obama draws scrutiny - CNN

Quote:
"Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."
-- Former Klansman and current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate", in a letter written in 1944, after he quit the KKK.

http://hiphoprepublican.com/2006/08/top-racist-democrat-quotes_30.html (broken link)

So let's simply call him an idiot without bringing up his political affiliation.

It makes absolutely no difference if he's dem or repub, he made a dumb comment (that wasn't really the worst of what he could have said) and just be done with it.

Stop trying to paint people with broad brushes every time someone says or does something stupid.

The individual is the culprit not whatever category you want to associate with them.

e.g.: All repubs are racist, all blacks are criminals, all whites are cheaters, all hispanics are illegal, all dems are saints, all gays wear leather butt-out chaps.

Enough.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:57 PM

25,902 posts, read 24,608,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
[/color]
Read more: Ala. lawmaker sorry for 'aborigines' - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

The GOP just breeds racism.
[/LEFT]
Funny, people say and do stupid things, then they apologize and think it is OK. I guess he just said what he has been thinking all along, similar to people saying or doing nasty things when drunk or stoned, and afterwards claiming they didn't mean it.
So, one would have to forgive people for being who they are rather than for what they say or do.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:24 PM

77,862 posts, read 60,016,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They don't care. They laugh at stuff like this soon as they are "amongst friends" If we as black people don't do everything we can to stop this new wave of total racist tea party power we will owe our children an apology for allowing what we freedom King and that generation fought for to not be giving to them. This is our fault for not meeting the tea party head on.
"they" and "we black people"

.....just who exactly is "they" if the "we" are the black people?

Invoking King's name interlaced with your politically toned racial screed is enough to make me want to vomit.

Civil rights poser.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:33 PM

77,862 posts, read 60,016,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Funny, people say and do stupid things, then they apologize and think it is OK. I guess he just said what he has been thinking all along, similar to people saying or doing nasty things when drunk or stoned, and afterwards claiming they didn't mean it.
So, one would have to forgive people for being who they are rather than for what they say or do.
I agree.

Sadly, the level of outcry is often tempered to the (R) or (D) at the end of a persons name though. It is also tempered by the race of the speaker which is damaging to intra-minority relations in the US. (See Kat Williams rant fallout vs. the rant made by the michael richards aka kramer from seinfeld.) I oppose both instances even if made as some sort of generic insult.

P.S. Fred Phelps is a democrat, ran 5x for dem office and raised money for Gore in 2000. He is the leader of the westboro baptist church that so often makes the news. However, I don't hold all dems to represent his views like some sort of bizarre strawman.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,949,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
What is racist about "aboringines"?
You are really starting to establish a record of wilful naivete or willful ignorance.

So while you are smacking yourself in the head, why don't you explain how black people are "aborigines"?

Old 09-28-2011, 02:37 PM

25,902 posts, read 24,608,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree.

Sadly, the level of outcry is often tempered to the (R) or (D) at the end of a persons name though. It is also tempered by the race of the speaker which is damaging to intra-minority relations in the US. (See Kat Williams rant fallout vs. the rant made by the michael richards aka kramer from seinfeld.) I oppose both instances even if made as some sort of generic insult.

P.S. Fred Phelps is a democrat, ran 5x for dem office and raised money for Gore in 2000. He is the leader of the westboro baptist church that so often makes the news. However, I don't hold all dems to represent his views like some sort of bizarre strawman.
Yes, I don't even know that guy, never heard of him. What I said was a general remark on human behavior Most of the time we have our filters up and running, but once they fail our nasty sides start to shine through

Old 09-28-2011, 02:40 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,949,230 times
Folk on this board are trying to distance this ideology from the Republican/Conservative part, unfortunately that's not possible.

From Republican leaders claiming the President and his parents were monkeys, to saying grass would attract Mexicans. The history of the Conservative mindset/affiliation is ripe with this stuff, they're are those who would attempt to deny it, please save your breath.

This man was saying nothing out of the ordinary that he would say around his friends, behind closed doors.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:50 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,510,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
"they" and "we black people"

.....just who exactly is "they" if the "we" are the black people?

Invoking King's name interlaced with your politically toned racial screed is enough to make me want to vomit.

Civil rights poser.
King would have seen this group for what it is. Wake up. You know all those pictures with all the successful whites in it and one docile looking black guy in the back ground those are for tea party people so they can feel safe in knowing their kids will get all the undeserved unfair advantages that they did. "I want my country back"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies