Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times

Advertisements

Both are financial dealings with the government and should be subject to the same rules about drug testing. Just because some are "legitimate" businessmen and others are "illegitimate" poor should not make any difference what so ever. Money is money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiphopHarry View Post
This coming from a poster who uses the word Tea bagger.

Big Government Liberals- there are no larger hypocrites!
I don't recall using that term, that's reserved for the TNuts.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well, it's only a certain class of people that have those rights.
The poor have so many more rights than anyone else in this country. They get free food, free housing, free education, free cell phones, free bus passes.

You are correct when you say that only a certain class of citizens gets more rights, but it is not the middle class or wealthy.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
The poor have so many more rights than anyone else in this country. They get free food, free housing, free education, free cell phones, free bus passes.

You are correct when you say that only a certain class of citizens gets more rights, but it is not the middle class or wealthy.
Sure makes me want to join the ranks of the poor.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:11 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well we do it for about 10 a pop.....actually the cost is less than $10 a pop...my last year in the army (2006) before I retired , I was the DDR (Drug Damand reduction)rep and the cost for tests was less than 10 (about 9.80) in 2006,

but still if you want to use 30..ok

$30 once or twice a year--vs-- 100-200 a week (and maybe a lot more especially if you get food stamps/daycare assistance(daycare assistance it self is over 180 a week)

you want assistance, a helping hand...then comply with the drug test
I didnt pull the number out of thin air, if you will notice, it has been stated all over the news here, and is in my link.
The obvious question here is why is the test as expensive as it is?

Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I didnt pull the number out of thin air, if you will notice, it has been stated all over the news here, and is in my link.
The obvious question here is why is the test as expensive as it is?
uhm do you lack reading compehension???

I did NOT argue your number.. I said OK let's go with that number....I also said I know for FACT (because it was my job) that we (the DoD) did it for less than 10 a pop

but we KNOW your issue...your issue is you are angry that your guy didnt win and scottt did..sorry but as obama said "elections have consequenses"

Old 09-29-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
uhm do you lack reading compehension???

I did NOT argue your number.. I said OK let's go with that number....I also said I know for FACT (because it was my job) that we (the DoD) did it for less than 10 a pop

but we KNOW your issue...your issue is you are angry that your guy didnt win and scottt did..sorry but as obama said "elections have consequenses"
Way to totally miss the glaringly obvious point.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:39 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post

You have to be pretty lucky to get free housing. I can't even get on the waiting list for Section 8.

Where do people get free bus passes?

Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Way to totally miss the glaringly obvious point.
the obvious point??

bless your little missouriable hide

the point is we need to be testing...

if you cant comply..you dont get paid

nuff said

Old 09-29-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
the obvious point??

bless your little missouriable hide

the point is we need to be testing...

if you cant comply..you dont get paid

nuff said
No dear, the glaringly obvious would be why is the test so expensive?
Bless your little Yankee heart, I know you are trying so hard to insult me, and you are failing so badly.
Might as well quit with the ad hominems while you're behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies