Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:09 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It would seem that there 15 minutes of fame is nearing an end.

Americans Dislike the Tea Party More Than Ever Before | Mother Jones
LOL OMG, I'm almost rolling on the floor laughing at that statement. If you believe that, fine. Go ahead.

Personally, I see the "Tea Party" movement gaining strength and influence. It isn't going away, and it is growing in strength. Sorry, but you are delusional!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL OMG, I'm almost rolling on the floor laughing at that statement. If you believe that, fine. Go ahead.

Personally, I see the "Tea Party" movement gaining strength and influence. It isn't going away, and it is growing in strength. Sorry, but you are delusional!
Then you are living in a bubble. Almost all of my Republican friends--conservative Republicans, mind you--think the tea party is more than a little crazy. I see no sign of the tea party growing in strength. Polls are showing that they are consistently unpopular and their support among GOP voters as a whole is lukewarm at best.

Of course you'd call them RINO's and liberals because they're not part of the TP, and in your binary world anyone who isn't part of the TP is a marxist, so this piece of information is of little use for you.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:53 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:

So what is the basis of your statement other than the voices in your head. I produced some handy dandy poll numbers from the conservative Pew Institute. What have you got...other than the voices in your head.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:11 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
So what is the basis of your statement other than the voices in your head. I produced some handy dandy poll numbers from the conservative Pew Institute. What have you got...other than the voices in your head.
Ah, but hotair, don't you realize that all polls are made by the communist media conspiracy to oust the tea party from power? The tea party are perfect, pure patriots who simply love their country. <snicker>

Any reason to dislike them must be manufactured because...well, what's not to like about cheering the deaths of the uninsured, cheering capital punishment (as opposed to simply agreeing with it), jeering soldiers and displaying nothing but hate, anger and self righteousness toward those who disagree with them? No, that's not their fault they're so despised, it's ours. The unpatriotic ones, the faux Americans, the modern day loyalists.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:15 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
No, his spelling offends me. Please take a closer look at the picture.

Then you must really be pissed off at this board...........

Old 09-28-2011, 05:28 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Default Yep ... Ever Dang One Of Them Thar Ahmerikins Jest Hates Tha Danged Ole Tea Partee Bunch ... Fer Shure Y'all !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Well...if one is dumb enough to believe what that liberal rag has to say....
MORebelWoman !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... I can say with confidence that there are a whole boat load of "Proud Americans" way, way, up here on the ole East Coast that absolutely admire the philosophy of the extremely popular "Taxed Enough Already" Oganization !

Perhaps the irksome blighter who started this idiotic thread should consider the very real possibly that they simply do not do not know everything damn thing and would certainly appear more sane if they would not use an idiotic statement such as "Americans dislike" ..... !

There are just too many Americans around these days to make such an ignorant "Postulated" statement as this ! The OP needs to wake up !

Damn good post MORebelWoman !!! Cheers ... Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 09-28-2011, 05:29 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Here is a poll that Ron Paul is beating obama....

http://www.ology.com/politics/new-po...eat-obama-2012

Old 09-28-2011, 05:40 PM

Default Yep ... I Jest Knowd This Feller Is Ah Tellin Tha Truth An Nuttin But Tha Dang Truth Y'all" !!! OTAY !!!

Quote:

nononsenseguy !!! ... Precisely !

Indeed ... This blighter appears to be plying the backwaters of ole CDF ...
with the other select few on here who are well on the way to full membership in liberal muppetdom !!! HARRRRRRRRRRRR !

Ta Ta / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 09-28-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Consider the source.... Sigh.

The "Taxed Enough Already" people are just that - fed up with being taxed.

The "Takers" think they're morally superior to the "Taken".
But the truth is the opposite, and they know it.
jetgraphics !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... A most accurate post regarding the extremely popular "Taxed Enough Already" organization ... Bravo !

Cheers ... Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiphopHarry View Post
I am by far not a Democrat. But that audience was vile. To boo a serviceman putting his life on the line for us is vile.

TO cheer when each candidate denounces the importance of math and science (except Paul, Johnson and Huntsman) is pathetic.

It is time for the Ron Paul/Gary Johnson/ Jim Huntsman supporters to push them to exit this idiotic, bible thumping, ignorant Republican party.
Ok, I've watched the entire debate. Yes, there were approximately 3 voices that booed the serviceman. That was bad. Yes. But to say the entire audience was vile because a couple of people booed... well, that's just silly. The entire audience did NOT boo at the serviceman, so this is really a non-issue that the left has been dragging around since the debate.

When did anyone cheer at "denouncing the importance of math and science"? Are you talking about when every single candidate said they'd get rid of the DOE and EPA?? Because that's NOT the same thing! the department of education should never have existed in the first place. Education should be dealt with at the state and local levels. The federal government should not have their hand in it at all. They don't understand the miriad of issues that run the gambit from state to state, let alone from district to district. And they can't because it's too big of a job, that's why we have local governments.

As for the EPA, it has grown too big, and way too corrupt. It needs to be scraped and started over. That does NOT mean get rid of the "good" laws and rules that have come about because of the EPA, it means that they are too power hungry and controled by people with conflicts of interest and that should be stopped before they ruin the country for any businesses.

I don't understand why people on the left want to make such broad generalizations that are close to out right lies (if they aren't actually lies) when arguing their position. If your position was strong enough then you wouldn't need to lie and exagerate to try and discuss the issues. Instead you throw out rediculous accusations like "the entire audience booed a service man" or "all tea party people are racist" or "all republicans are dumb bible thumping rednecks". Not only is none of this even remotely true, but you loose the independant thinkers and voters with rhetoric like this.

just sayin'....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies