Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times

Advertisements

Repeat the lie enough times and people will believe it. Considering how peaceful the Tea Party rallies have been and how inclusive and non-racist they are (aside from the occasional jerk), it baffles me that people are still convinced that the Tea Party is based on nothing more than racist hatred of Obama in the White House.

The same Tea Party who put several minorities into office in 2010 and largely supports Herman Cain for President.

You can find enough morons and extremists from any major event to "prove" the whole group is who you purport them to be. That doesn't make it true, but shove it in people's face enough times and they'll start to believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I would put all kinds of money on it that a high percentage of tea party members or addicted to pain pills.
Fanciful wishful thinking. I'm thinking that most liberal nuts are dope addicts.

As you're obviously referencing Rush, I think being addicted to, and beating, legal pain killers, is preferable to being a coke head.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:57 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Vedjadu, 4 GOP debates each with a reprehensible audience reaction. "Occasional' jerk, LOL! That is like saying the Hindenburg exerienced some insignificant , temporary difficulty.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:22 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
IN RELATED NEWS-

The Results Of The Mainstream Media's Campaign To Frame Tea Party As "Racists" and "Nazis"
My approach was simple. I took data from 2010 and up to this point in 2011 based off key word searches in Google. For example, In 2010 I searched "tea party and racists" and pulled the number given from its search engine.

On a positive side, as you can see from the chart, spending was a major keyword associated with the Tea Party in 2010. My, though, how the change a year makes.

• In 2011, the tea party/racists word association climbed to over one million results, an increase from the year before.

• The tea party/terrorists word association increased by over 10 million results from the year before.

• As one would expect, tea party/spending word association dropped from over 17 million hits in 2010 to just over 300,00 heading into the tenth month of the year.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
MORebelWoman !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... I can say with confidence that there are a whole boat load of "Proud Americans" way, way, up here on the ole East Coast that absolutely admire the philosophy of the extremely popular "Taxed Enough Already" Oganization !

Perhaps the irksome blighter who started this idiotic thread should consider the very real possibly that they simply do not do not know everything damn thing and would certainly appear more sane if they would not use an idiotic statement such as "Americans dislike" ..... !

There are just too many Americans around these days to make such an ignorant "Postulated" statement as this ! The OP needs to wake up !

Damn good post MORebelWoman !!! Cheers ... Old Sgt. Lamar
These stupid libs that post here ought to see my FaceBook friends list!!! LOL And their friends lists! There are a whole bunch of conservatives (Tea Pary Patriots) who are committed and having an influence on politics nation wide.

This is a party that has no end. Like the Energizer Bunny, it keeps going and going.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default As the GOP goes, so does the tea party

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It would seem that there 15 minutes of fame is nearing an end.

Americans Dislike the Tea Party More Than Ever Before | Mother Jones
The support for the tea party is waning because the arm that feeds them is dying. As the election draws near, people will begin to see that the GOP has done nothing but hurt this country between 2000-2008, then thereafter obstructed others from correcting the problems Republicans created. When the GOP falters, so does their tea party segment.

2012 is about getting Republicans OUT of office, OUT of Congress, and AWAY from the table. Bigoted ideologies such as that of the GOP/tea party don't belong in the effort to resuscitate this country from their 2000-2008 gaffes.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:58 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,760,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The support for the tea party is waning because the arm that feeds them is dying. As the election draws near, people will begin to see that the GOP has done nothing but hurt this country between 2000-2008, then thereafter obstructed others from correcting the problems Republicans created. When the GOP falters, so does their tea party segment.

2012 is about getting Republicans OUT of office, OUT of Congress, and AWAY from the table. Bigoted ideologies such as that of the GOP/tea party don't belong in the effort to resuscitate this country from their 2000-2008 gaffes.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OMG, I really needed that laugh. Humor is always good. Thank you!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:00 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

Funny, people will not forget that the dems held congress for 2 of those 8 years....SPEND BABY SPEND....who cares about a budget....GO DEMS............

Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
These stupid libs that post here ought to see my FaceBook friends list!!! LOL And their friends lists! There are a whole bunch of conservatives (Tea Pary Patriots) who are committed and having an influence on politics nation wide.

This is a party that has no end. Like the Energizer Bunny, it keeps going and going.
So, what you're saying is that you live in a massive echo chamber that overestimates your movement's popularity in America. Okay. Funny, I have liberal, conservative, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, Gay, Straight friends on my facebook page. I also have no illusions about the fact that liberalism is a minority ideology in the U.S. It also means that I can handle associating with people who are different from myself, unlike some.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Unless TP is mainly made up of independnets (largest US bloc), or Dems (2nd largest), their bunch will need many of the aforementioned to join them, if they wish to participate in an actual succesful national election. 2012 is nOT about getting 1,500 more votes for a Congressman, and putting him over the top. Try TENS of millions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies