Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 05:04 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,053,813 times

Advertisements

About the only improvement with Obama is that I don't have to listen to the president say, "nukular".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 05:07 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
About the only improvement with Obama is that I don't have to listen to the president say, "nukular".
His picks on the Supreme Court have been good.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:22 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Also, he's continued to extend these tax cuts on the rich which have exasperated the budget deficit and gave his tacit consent for Social Security cuts.

He's been horrible. As worse as Bush or McCain would have been.
Hey, let's not get carried away here...!!

Old 09-28-2011, 05:25 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Hey, let's not get carried away here...!!
When you've given up the fight on every major issue that liberals care about...you've done more permanent damage than Bush could have done.

Now the "middle road" is so far to the right that it will be Decades before sanity is restored.

This is what happens when one of your own turns out to be such a back stabber.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:32 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
When you've given up the fight on every major issue that liberals care about...you've done more permanent damage than Bush could have done.

Now the "middle road" is so far to the right that it will be Decades before sanity is restored.

This is what happens when one of your own turns out to be such a back stabber.
Unfortunately, you're probably right. But what's the alternative, an even more obvious corporatist like Romney, or god forbid, paired with one of the GOP's kookier "base" types for a VP... like a Perry or Palin (shudder)?!!

Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Quote:
All the things GW. Bush did that made your skin crawl?
He was responsible for helping Obama get elected.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:48 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All the things GW. Bush did that made your skin crawl, what has Obama done to change it?

Looks to me like he has double downed, on Bush's policies, everyone had a cow about.

Of Bush's 8 years, what has Obama tried to reverse?

I can tell you what he double downed on, though.
You ought to love him, then...

Old 09-28-2011, 05:49 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times
I really wanted to like Obama but he's let me down again and again. Bailouts, wars, "Patriot" Act, torture, etc.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:55 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
[quote=Dockside;21073865]GWB did nothing to make my skin crawl. He was a good man in an impossible situation and he did a good job. I was hoping Obama could start cutting back on the Patriot Act, but the man has only made things more volatile and dangerous in the Middle East, so we are going to be stuck with the PA and the TSA feeling us up for a long time.[/quote]

If Bush had spent more time actually working at presidential duties and less time in Texas cutting brush, he might have amounted to something besides the man who started a war for no reason, and Americans might still have money in their retirement plans.

I hope he lives to be a hundred, and every time he looks in a mirror the five thousand soldiers that he sent to unnecessary deaths stare back at him, and may they be the first to meet him on the other side.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:03 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,328,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
All the things GW. Bush did that made your skin crawl, what has Obama done to change it?

Looks to me like he has double downed, on Bush's policies, everyone had a cow about.

Of Bush's 8 years, what has Obama tried to reverse?

I can tell you what he double downed on, though.
Bush did nothing to make my skin crawl...

I loved it when he landed on the deck of that carrier...in full military garb...I loved that...

I also loved his off beat sense of humor...(he was goofy and cute at the same time)...a grown child....

And I loved the fact that he use to fly F-4 Phantomns...one of my favorite war birds of all time...

(yes I know this is not a F-4)

And I love his bull horn episode...'The world will soon hear us'...ye!

I had nothing but respect for the man...towards the end...I feel he got a bit careless with the domestic economy...but that's no reason for me to 'hate' him...he's human...and I've got nothing but love for the guy...

Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing - YouTube

Thing about me...is I'm a man...and I'm not stupid or dense enough to allow talk radio hosts to dictate who I like or not like...

I'm independent and think for myself...

I'm an American...I was born here...and as such...I will always offer a level of support to whomever is President...my sense of country...is stronger than any one political party...

I may not vote for a Republican President ever again...but dm if I'll ever disrespect a standing President...be it they Rep or Dem...

United we stand...divided we fall...

Last edited by Time and Space; 09-28-2011 at 06:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies