Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

The plane with Obama, Paul, and an old hippie, is in trouble and going down in flame.

Problem is there are only two parachutes. Paul. Steps up and says I am going to be the next President of the nation I must have a parachute, grabs one and out the door he goes.
Obama comes and says, I'm the President of the USA and the smartest man in the world, out the door he goes.

The old hippie sees the pilot coming back and the pilot says take my parachute I keep in the cabin and I'll go down with the ship.

The hippie looks at the pilot as he finishes his last bowl, and says, don't worry, the smartest man in the world, grabbed my backpack, I have my parachute right here, I just didn't want to waste the hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 12:31 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Jimmy Hoffa Jr. put it best imho.

TBers are actually Dems best friends in the political arena tho'...they fracture the right wingnut vote,try to elect the most unqualified idiots available and push a lot of the more intelligent independents to vote Dem out of shear frustration...I mean really,WHO can stand with a pack of stooges that worship ppl like Palin and "Joe the not really even a plumber"?

I say let them "rock on" with their mullets,cans of skoal and their blue plastic pools in front of their trailers...they'll eventually burn out and all go back to family reunions looking for fun and romance

Hmm, at what point prior to the 2010 midterm election did he say that?

He must have felt like a real ass when the result came in.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:37 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
Quote:
I'm not confirming or denying anything...I'm who I am...as far as "buzzwords" are concerned...which words are those?
Does it make one a liberal to believe in equal rights and freedom for all?Does it make one a liberal to think American people should come first over foreign countrys and corporations?Does it make one a liberal to think if America can give corporate farmers,foreign countrys,banks and rip off corporations trillions upon trillions of dollars that they should damn well be able to feed poor and needy people within our own borders?

If that's the case then I'm a proud liberal and your ilk appear to be an unpatriotic danger to Americans and a shill for corporations which will walk all over them and when they wear out will cast them aside like a used prophylactic.

Do you not think it's the appex of arrogance for someone else to tell another person what to do with their own body?Who they have sex with?How many children to have?If that's your war cry,China sounds like an excellent place for the baggers to relocate to.

Why would you guys want to live with the moral values you have?Don't you know your crew are the minority with your views? You are at the very least running in bad company imho....Personally I believe in GOD and will do as I believe,I'll stay out of the way and let each person believe as they choose(not pushing my beliefs on them either) and let them work their personal issues out with the beliefs of their choice and if I'm right in my beliefs,I will stay out of the way as they are judged,if I'm wrong in my beliefs then what does it matter in the long run?

Since you are so smart and I trust your valued opinion so much I'll let you continue to judge me..AM I a liberal?

Get with the program and be a help to America instead of pushing forward an agenda that will eventually kill it....Rome fell,we are not immune.
So, to be sure I have all your stances correct you're essentially saying you're all about personal liberty. Unless of course someone's beliefs disagree with yours. Should that happen it's perfectly acceptable to refer to them in a derogatory fashion while suggesting they be deported to China.

Those that choose to express their religious beliefs should stay quiet as some may find their opinions offensive. At the same time they should tolerate behavior they find offensive lest they be accused of attempting to force others to adopt their belief systems.

Democrats that pushed for NAFTA and other globalist oriented trade issues to the detriment of our economy are blameless. It's all the fault of the "baggers" and those of "my ilk".

More and bigger government is great. Those of us that believe government should operate within Constitutional restraints and radically reduce it's spending are essentially steering the US toward the same fate as that suffered by Rome.

Here are a few facts about me you seem to have missed; I'm a Libertarian, not a Republican or TEA Party member. I couldn't care less what religion anyone pursues or what they do in their bedrooms. I believe the rampant growth of government and the massive load of unfunded liabilities that growth has generated will ultimately destroy this nation. Last and perhaps most important, I don't gladly suffer fools. Welcome to ignore.

Last edited by outbacknv; 09-29-2011 at 07:14 PM..

Old 09-29-2011, 07:09 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hmm, at what point prior to the 2010 midterm election did he say that?

He must have felt like a real ass when the result came in.
Google is your friend...I thought you were supposed to be up on all the political news...falling behind by a month are we?

BTW,mid term meant nothing as your crew got their collective asses handed to them in the one before...in this economy it doesn't matter who's in...if no improvement is seen,they'll wholesale fire them at each election...which I have no problem with at all.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:24 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
So, to be sure I have all your stances correct you're essentially saying you're all about personal liberty. Unless of course someone's beliefs disagree with yours. Should that happen it's perfectly acceptable to refer to them in a derogatory fashion while suggesting they be deported to China.

Those that choose to express their religious beliefs should stay quiet as some may find their opinions offensive. At the same time they should tolerate behavior they find offensive lest they be accused of attempting to force others to adopt their belief systems.

Democrats that pushed for NAFTA and other globalist oriented trade issues to the detriment of our economy are blameless. It's all the fault of the "baggers" and those of "my ilk".

More and bigger government is great. Those of us that believe government should operate within Constitutional restraints and radically reduce it's spending are essentially steering the US toward the same fate as that suffered by Rome.

Here are a few facts about me you seem to have missed; I'm a Libertarian, not a Republican or TEA Party member. I couldn't care less what religion anyone pursues or what they do in their bedrooms. I believe the rampant growth of government and the massive load of unfunded liabilities that growth has generated will ultimately destroy this nation. Last and perhaps most important, I don't gladly suffer fools. Welcome to ignore.
With so much historical inaccuracy,fabrication and outright BS in this post, I think I can live without you just as well.

This message is hidden because outbacknv is on your ignore list.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Really I'm so frustrated that the tea party gets away with anything they want to do and nothing is done. The level of attacks and disrespect is not met with any force.
You admit that you want to take away freedom of speech. I'll disrespect Barack Obama all I want. Try and take away my first amendment rights.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I know many are happy she threatened the President and his family's life.
No i am not, and please do not speculate about what you may think we all feel. Isn't it a bit hypocritical to feel like this. It was not right when this was done to Bush, but appears you had no problem with that.
You feel it is so not right to be saying these things about Obama, but for Bush it was. Sorry that is so not right, and i feel if you feel like this you truly have no compassion. I draw the line with this kind of talk for any candidate, or no matter who is our President at the time, whether i voted for him or not.
Joke or not, in my opnion there is no need for this kind of talk. I don't think seriously you can want it one way but not another.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:39 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Should we have jailed all the democrats that wish death on Bush?

Sorry I dont think we should be jailing people for a joke. Whats next if thats the case
Or for not having a sense of humor, ak stick up the butt.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Shameful. Racists are absolute scum.
That may be, but throwing them out of the helicopter isn't exactly a proper action for such racist. /shrug

Old 09-29-2011, 07:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
With so much historical inaccuracy,fabrication and outright BS in this post, I think I can live without you just as well.

This message is hidden because outbacknv is on your ignore list.
Could you please point out the historical inaccuracy in the post to which you refer with specifics as to what and why? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies