Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 PM

21 posts, read 37,365 times

Advertisements

I watched, (Cornel West has his heart in the right place but he is so OTT!) Yeah, that is amusing and I have seen it happen a lot with the people's mike. People just steam roll on and it ends up all garbled.

My protest starts tomorrow here in Kansas City. I can't go for long tomorrow but I hope to be a positive part of the movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenaciousrei View Post
My protest starts tomorrow here in Kansas City. I can't go for long tomorrow but I hope to be a positive part of the movement.
I've heard everything's up to date in Kansas City.

I'm dubious of the "movement" aspect, but please report back. Thanks.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I've heard everything's up to date in Kansas City.

I'm dubious of the "movement" aspect, but please report back. Thanks.
I will! I was just in a chat with the core protesters...It looks like I will be one of them, lol. They seem like a good bunch. Lots of wonderful ideas going. It's very exciting.

I really feel this movement is what you make it since it is leaderless. I think the we are the 99% page I posted really is what it's about. The main goal is to protest the corporate interests in our government. It's not about the people anymore. People who are busting their asses aren't even making it anymore. (Like me..I won't break even this month in business but I am still lucky. My Mother was laid off of her job of 20 years and now they are playing games about the money they owe her. )

We will have a live feed: occupykc on Justin.tv. I will post back here tomorrow if anyone wants about the first day.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenaciousrei View Post
I will! I was just in a chat with the core protesters...It looks like I will be one of them, lol. They seem like a good bunch. Lots of wonderful ideas going. It's very exciting.

I really feel this movement is what you make it since it is leaderless. I think the we are the 99% page I posted really is what it's about. The main goal is to protest the corporate interests in our government. It's not about the people anymore. People who are busting their asses aren't even making it anymore. (Like me..I won't break even this month in business but I am still lucky. My Mother was laid off of her job of 20 years and now they are playing games about the money they owe her. )

We will have a live feed: occupykc on Justin.tv. I will post back here tomorrow if anyone wants about the first day.
I hope you aren't getting into what I think you are, but maybe you really do understand where you are putting your foot. I will check in, for sure.

Do you know who the organizers of that thing in NYC are? I hope you wouldn't want to be working for that bunch.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I hope you aren't getting into what I think you are, but maybe you really do understand where you are putting your foot. I will check in, for sure.

Do you know who the organizers of that thing in NYC are? I hope you wouldn't want to be working for that bunch.
Oh, I know all about Anonymous and that did make me pause. Not all the organizers of the NYC are from them and as the days pass the are becoming a smaller part of it. This is from my own observation and research. Not all of them are bad folks but a few bad ones ruin it for all. Unfortunately, trolls are always going to be about.

Most of the KC protesters are not from Anonymous. Just regular folks trying to make a difference.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:21 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
You are so wrong oldboy... These folks are doing the right thing, and they have billions of reasons...The billions that have been given from the public's pockets to the obscene millionares of Wall Street. Occupy Wall Street Protest: Why Reckless Bankers Still Owe America - International Business Times

Old 09-29-2011, 10:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are so wrong oldboy... These folks are doing the right thing, and they have billions of reasons...The billions that have been given from the public's pockets to the obscene millionares of Wall Street. Occupy Wall Street Protest: Why Reckless Bankers Still Owe America - International Business Times
Is there a chance that the organizers of this thing thought it might become the American fall as Cornel West called it? I sure hope not but do think it is just what they were thinking.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:44 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Is there a chance that the organizers of this thing thought it might become the American fall as Cornel West called it? I sure hope not but do think it is just what they were thinking.
Well if America cannot get it's messed up politics separated from it's cronyism economy perhaps it deserves it.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
I think there are some might... Some want the system that is ruling the government to fall....It's hard to say since this whole thing is pretty much leaderless. What one person says or thinks does not define the whole protest.

I think Dr. West meant more American Fall as in season with a double meaning of the fall of the system that is strangling our country. Mostly an echo of the "Arab Spring" buzz phrase that became so popular. It is Fall time after all.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:41 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
I guess you failed to watch enough of that video to get to the funny part. Oh yes, you know the part where the group of useful idiots repeating his every word failed to stop when he was thanking them for being there. They were started on their second repeat when some of them caught on to what they were doing.
And this now constitutes a 'riot?'

My how times have changed.

Quote:
Unless this thing turns into a real riot soon the planners will back off and let it ride. They wanted it to be an "American fall" to compare with the Arab Spring and so far it has failed but there seems to be a lot of college students whose semester hasn't begun yet.

Have those useful idiots done anything to compare to the Egyptian riots, yet?
Oh, so it isn't a 'riot.' Just another misleading thread title.
Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies