Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should corporations be allowed to have a no blacks hiring policy or no loans for blacks policy?
Yes 24 32.43%
No 50 67.57%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:41 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times

Advertisements

For any other race for that matter.

My question is not about what the law is right now, if you think corporations should be allowed to have a "no blacks allowed" hiring policy and for banks to be allowed not to give home loans to blacks? Meaning no government intervention and letting the free market decide where/if blacks get a job or if blacks can get home (or business) loans?

Old 09-29-2011, 03:49 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post

My question is not about what the law is right now, if you think corporations should be allowed to have a "no blacks allowed" hiring policy and for banks to be allowed not to give home loans to blacks? Meaning no government intervention and letting the free market decide where/if blacks get a job or if blacks can get home (or business) loans?
I don't know what business would intentionally ignore potential customers based on a racial bias....but having said that I can't see how it would be beneficial to society to allow a bank to discriminate based on skin color.

The same can be said for reverse discrimination of black people discriminating against white people. The idea of the "United Negro College Fund" irks me. I grew up as a poor white kid who barely had the grades to get accepted into a junior college. I didn't get a scholarship and my parents weren't able to pay for my college. I'm now in my final semester of Grad School and will have a Master's Degree in 3 months. I succeeded through hard work. Anyone should be able to do the same thing.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I don't know what business would intentionally ignore potential customers based on a racial bias....but having said that I can't see how it would be beneficial to society to allow a bank to discriminate based on skin color.
You don't believe in the free market?

Old 09-29-2011, 03:57 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Private corporations and businesses should be able to hire and fire whom they want, for whatever reason they want.

In a free country, that is what I would expect.

I mean honestly, I wouldn't want to work for an employer who was forced to hire me for my skin color.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:07 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
There should be NO law discriminating against the hiring of or giving of benefits to ANY race. At the same time, there should be NO law making it mandatory for an employer or bank to hire or give benefits to someone who is undeserving simply based upon their skin color either.

Is it more complex than this, or am I missing something?

Old 09-29-2011, 04:12 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:

No. We should force white people to give black people loans. Without whites, blacks would be helpless and unable to ever get loans. We all know they're incapable of running their own businesses etc. and we all know that in a free market, no one would want to deal with them due to their obvious inferiority. We must protect them.

Signed,
Non racist white liberal.

/sarcasm

Old 09-29-2011, 04:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
I see from the poll that despite the protestations of Repugs, racism is alive and thriving in the USA.

Seems some little scared people with no skills have a need to eliminate the competition.

What filthy slimey sickening, brain dead, ignorant, non-human, anti-American KKK skin heads to discriminate soley on skin color.

Wonder how many are christian....probably all.....

Old 09-29-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
No. We should force white people to give black people loans. Without whites, blacks would be helpless and unable to ever get loans. We all know they're incapable of running their own businesses etc. and we all know that in a free market, no one would want to deal with them due to their obvious inferiority. We must protect them.

Signed,
Non racist white liberal.

/sarcasm
Straw man.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:16 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Straw man.
Accurate straw man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What filthy slimey sickening, brain dead, ignorant, non-human, anti-American KKK skin heads to discriminate soley on skin color.
Now that's a straw man. A take it if you support free speech for example I can accuse you of supporting all the speech uttered in the country under the 1st amendment.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I see from the poll that despite the protestations of Repugs, racism is alive and thriving in the USA.

Seems some little scared people with no skills have a need to eliminate the competition.

Wonder how many are christian....probably all.....
The question is, do you legislate and take away the freedom of the 90% who don't discriminate, just to stop the 10% that do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies