Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 01:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Honestly?
Being deaf and or blind can be hereditary so the odds of such are not that astronomical.

I think the issue is what an 8 year old wants today is not ALWAYS what an 8 year old wants when they are 15 or 25..
seems like common sense to me but I guess not.

Just the other day my 8 year asked for a REAL Tatoo of his favorite NFL Teams LOGO on his shoulder... ? Do you think I should let him get one?
You should get him a pack of temporary tattoos and tell him what team he likes at the age of 8 may not be the same team when he's 38.

NFL Temporary Tattoos

Old 09-30-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's where the whole part of letting her decide when she's older comes in. Did you miss that all the other times I mentioned that? The hormone-blocking therapy is the only option that allows Tammy to decide when she is, indeed, OLDER. As in she is not deciding her sex definitively at age 8. Your analogies are a moot point.
So. Do you think that a few years of hormone blocking therapy on a child's developing brain has zero effect on how they think?

Have you ever had hormone therapy to know how your thinking changes during that therapy?

That child is a guinea pig science project for gender identity dysfunction therapy on a child.

It should not happen. The kid is a genetically born male. He thinks he's a "she". How many little boys think they're Batman or Superman and wear a cape and play superhero? Do you think that's just fantasy or do they really think they're Superman as they jump off the top bunk of their bunk-bed attempting to fly?

It's when they fall off that top bunk and hit the ground that they realize they're NOT Superman and can't fly.

Sounds like that boy who thinks he's a "she" needs to jump off that top bunk and try to fly - because that's the only way he'll realize that he's not a female trapped in a male's body. Because society is making it so easy for gender confused children to identify however they want. Then later society has to conform to THEM, instead of the OTHER way around. Then your 8 year old sharing the class with the "boy-girl gender confused" child has to have their value system challenged.

It's wrong and should never happen.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:14 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Are you saying, that without modern enlightenment and technology, the kid would just grow up gay? That gay men wouldn't like him because he was too "feminine"?

Is that how it was before there was so much concern and focus on the . . subject?
No. I am just saying that the link between Tammy having same-sex parents and Tammy having GID don't make sense when you consider how many trans children have heterosexual parents. It also doesn't make sense to blame it on her upbringing given the fact both of her brothers grew up without GID.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Oh no, of course not, no one is forcing their agenda on this boy, and yet even you are calling him Tammy, and referring to him as "she".
That's not my agenda. That's me respecting HER wishes.

If she wanted to be called Tom and asserted over and over again that she's a boy, then I would call her "he".

It's people who want to push her to grow up male or female and not let her decide for herself when she is older what she wants to do that are pushing an agenda on her.

My only "agenda' is to let her decide for herself when she is older. I am choosing the pronoun she has requested because right now even though she is 8, it's her preference, and it doesn't involve surgery. If tomorrow she asks to be called "he," I will promptly change my reference to "he".

This is about Tammy, not what you or I want. I'm just standing up for what Tammy has already expressed she wants, and standing up for her parents--who are standing up for her.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's not my agenda. That's me respecting HER wishes.

If she wanted to be called Tom and asserted over and over again that she's a boy, then I would call her "he".

It's people who want to push her to grow up male or female and not let her decide for herself when she is older what she wants to do that are pushing an agenda on her.

My only "agenda' is to let her decide for herself when she is older. I am choosing the pronoun she has requested because right now even though she is 8, it's her preference, and it doesn't involve surgery. If tomorrow she asks to be called "he," I will promptly change my reference to "he".

This is about Tammy, not what you or I want. I'm just standing up for what Tammy has already expressed she wants, and standing up for her parents who are doing the only medical thing they can do to let her make a full-blown decision when she is older.
Plenty of people in mental hospitals will demand that you call them "Jesus Christ". Are they crazy? Or are they "Jesus Christ"?

That's what we need, to release all the mentally ill who believe they're "Jesus Christ" out on to the streets. That's really going to foul up the DMV more than all the transgenders changing their sex from Male to Female or vice-versa. 100,000 people called "Jesus Christ" on their I.D. cards/Driver's Licenses.

Those mentally ill people are no more "Jesus Christ" than a transgender male to female is a woman.

But we don't go around calling crazy people Jesus Christ do we?

Old 09-30-2011, 01:21 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So. Do you think that a few years of hormone blocking therapy on a child's developing brain has zero effect on how they think?

Have you ever had hormone therapy to know how your thinking changes during that therapy?

That child is a guinea pig science project for gender identity dysfunction therapy on a child.

It should not happen. The kid is a genetically born male. He thinks he's a "she". How many little boys think they're Batman or Superman and wear a cape and play superhero? Do you think that's just fantasy or do they really think they're Superman as they jump off the top bunk of their bunk-bed attempting to fly?

It's when they fall off that top bunk and hit the ground that they realize they're NOT Superman and can't fly.

Sounds like that boy who thinks he's a "she" needs to jump off that top bunk and try to fly - because that's the only way he'll realize that he's not a female trapped in a male's body. Because society is making it so easy for gender confused children to identify however they want. Then later society has to conform to THEM, instead of the OTHER way around. Then your 8 year old sharing the class with the "boy-girl gender confused" child has to have their value system challenged.

It's wrong and should never happen.
Can you show any scientific evidence that during pre-natal development, the the hormones in utero can alter one's brain and body to dictate that they will be miserable and screwed up unless they can be a fake super hero?

Until you can, there is no comparison.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Do you see the lack of logic in this statement?
No. Did you read the article? Tammy threatened to cut off her penis.

Quote:
My point exactly. This boy needs help and he is being allowed to make decisions that are far beyond his comprehension. The fact that they are giving him hormone treatments is reprehensible. I am a firm believer in not telling people how to live their loves or controlling them but this kind of behavior has an effect on this poor buy and who knows what other confusions it may create for other kids.

Get over your guilt and do what is right for this little boy!!
What do you propose is right? Doing nothing medically? Unfortunately, doing nothing medically is making huge decision FOR Tammy, against her will and consent. Doing nothing means making her grow up male and forcing manhood on her, when she hasn't decided that for herself.

How is that not abusive? Forcing someone to grow up in a way that causes them so much distress that they attempt to self mutilate?

I am only calling her "her" because she has asserted for years now that she is a girl. If that changes, I will change my pronouns accordingly.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Can you show any scientific evidence that during pre-natal development, the the hormones in utero can alter one's brain and body to dictate that they will be miserable and screwed up unless they can be a fake super hero?

Until you can, there is no comparison.
No more than you can prove that every transgendered person had an episode In-Utero whereby their brains were hormonally altered opposite of what their physical sex is.

Show me on the GENETIC map where that dysfunction is.

They haven't found it yet. Know why? Cause it AIN'T genetic. It's BEHAVIORAL. That BEHAVIOR can be ALTERED BY HORMONE TREATMENT.

It happens EVERY DAY with people who have low testosterone, low estrogen, etc.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We are talking about a child, that has been raised to think it was a freak for being a boy by age 8, not some guy named Todd
You are equating my calling her "she" with making the decision for her to be female.

Yet calling someone Todd and not Mike is just a name.

So on the one hand, a word is pushing an agenda when it has to do with he. vs. she, and yet a word is just a word when it has to do with Mike vs. Todd.

Either "she" is just a pronoun or it's not. Make up your mind.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:26 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Plenty of people in mental hospitals will demand that you call them "Jesus Christ". Are they crazy? Or are they "Jesus Christ"?

That's what we need, to release all the mentally ill who believe they're "Jesus Christ" out on to the streets. That's really going to foul up the DMV more than all the transgenders changing their sex from Male to Female or vice-versa. 100,000 people called "Jesus Christ" on their I.D. cards/Driver's Licenses.

Those mentally ill people are no more "Jesus Christ" than a transgender male to female is a woman.

But we don't go around calling crazy people Jesus Christ do we?
So you believe it's impossible for hormonal imbalances in pre-natal development to alter one's perceived gender, despite all research indicating it happens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies