Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 07:21 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times

Advertisements

Maybe the poor kid, who experienced who knows what in his first two years, just needed to identify with one of his two parents and in this case, the only choice was female.

Very sad. Very, very sad.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:23 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Children still in their developmental years should not be given hormones to alter their sexuality. They have not come into their adulthood and do not fully know or understand what their sexuality is. I can foresee many horrifying ramifications from this sort of thing. This really could be considered child abuse.
There is so much confusion about gender identity issues and sexuality now. Many children relate to the activities and interests of the opposite sex and may enjoy the company of the opposite sex when they are children. There are many little 'tom boys' that like sports and dress in boys clothes and lots of little boys that enjoy dance and playing with dolls. That doesn't mean they need a sex change. Many of these children grow into totally heterosexual adults. Some don't and that is fine, but they need to go through all of the developemental stages before anyone starts altering them with hormones and surgery.
I totally agree, with all of what you said.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Absolutely disgusting - perfect example of WHY some don't advocate gay couples adopting.

How can this possibly be allowed to happen?
Recently, there have been multiple stories about transgendered children - all were part of a traditional family unit. Can we agree that they are perfect examples of WHY some don't advocate heterosexual couples adopting??

Old 09-29-2011, 07:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Maybe the poor kid, who experienced who knows what in his first two years, just needed to identify with one of his two parents and in this case, the only choice was female.
Uh, no. That's not it. The vast majority of children with same-sex parents do not have gender identity issues. In fact, the vast majority of people with gender identity issues come from opposite-sex parents.

Some of you come up with very interesting ways to express and justify your anti-gay feelings - or maybe I should say desperate ways...

Old 09-29-2011, 07:29 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And that statement is exactly why we should study and medically treat people with the mental disorder of stupidity.

^^ This.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:29 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
California, where else could this type of lunacy be allowed?

Read more: The California boy, 11, who is undergoing hormone blocking treatment | Mail Online
This is endangerment of a child and the state should step in an take the child away from the parents. No 11 year old child can make such a decision on their own and to have such a perverse and twisted agenda foisted upon a child is monsterous.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:31 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
I don't think same-sex couples (ESPECIALLY lesbian) should be raising children. 9 times out of 10, the children will have a gender-identity crisis.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:32 PM

769 posts, read 1,007,197 times
Quote:
I agree. The ignorance here is astounding sometimes. Some people (mostly right-wingers) just refuse to accept any information that challenges the beliefs they formed when they were children.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. The ignorance is astounding to the point that it's laughable. People who have no idea what they're talking about running their mouths off, which consequentially just makes them look dumb and uneducated.....

Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I don't think same-sex couples (ESPECIALLY lesbian) should be raising children. 9 times out of 10, the children will have a gender-identity crisis.
What's your source on that? World Net Daily?

Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
It's not just his opinion. It's the opinion of every major medical and psychological organization in the modern world.
What does that mean though? Tell me what tests they have done or what studies. What about the "minor" "medical and psychological organizations?" Maybe these major ones don't feel it is wise for them to produce text that tells millions of homosexuals that they are mentally ill? I have read that they would be motivated to do such because they did not want to have a negative reaction such as social oppression.

I also don't believe that all homosexuals could be considered to have a mental illness, but I do think that homosexuality could be a precursor to any mental instability that may arise or be a underlying cause. Think about all of the hormones, biological and physiological factors that are in play.

Finally, my understanding is that not ALL "major" organizations would say that homosexuality is not a psychological disorder.

Pentagon Document Classifies Homosexuality as Mental Disorder - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com - The Pentagon (DoD) isn't the best group to chime in on whether homosexuality is a mental illness or not, but I do think they are pretty "major."

Homosexuality and Mental Health Problems - Gives a little background on the APA's previous stance. Seems to me that they were "encouraged" to change their stance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies