Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Neither is homosexuality.

Hey! We've reached their point!
That's your opinion that homosexuality can not be a mental disorder.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
There are Democrats who think it's wrong too, just like there are Republicans who believe homosexuality is okay. I know people who are Democrats and say homosexuality is wrong.
Yes, but there's still a huge difference.

61% of Democrats say it's acceptable. Only 35% of Republicans agree.

Americans' Acceptance of Gay Relations Crosses 50% Threshold

Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Neither is homosexuality.

Hey! We've reached their point!
Are you saying that homosexuality is a choice? That's absurd, nobody chooses to be gay.

17,842 posts, read 14,389,418 times
Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Once again, you completely put words into my mouth, but that's OK. The last thing I will say to you is that I have NEVER seen such ramming of ideas onto children as I have seen from the mentally unstable homosexual households, super-religious (to use your example) or the households with parents who are politically passionate. One thing all of those people I know have in common is that they are either bipolar or borderline manic-depressive or some stuff like that.

Like I said, I either know these things for fact or I can read people in the grocery stores or something and tell they have mental issues. It ain't hard ... a lot of us can spot mentally disturbed people.
I can identify them easily as well.

Such as those who call homosexuals "mentally disturbed" or think that homosexuals try to force their "beliefs" on children in such a way that affects their development.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
That's your opinion that homosexuality can not be a mental disorder.
It's not just his opinion. It's the opinion of every major medical and psychological organization in the modern world.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Are you saying that homosexuality is a choice? That's absurd, nobody chooses to be gay.
Exactly.

It's neither a choice nor a mental disability.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.
Don't expect to change their minds with science or research. It's impossible. Most of them probably closed their minds to new ideas when they were about 12 years old.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:19 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Children still in their developmental years should not be given hormones to alter their sexuality. They have not come into their adulthood and do not fully know or understand what their sexuality is. I can foresee many horrifying ramifications from this sort of thing. This really could be considered child abuse.
There is so much confusion about gender identity issues and sexuality now. Many children relate to the activities and interests of the opposite sex and may enjoy the company of the opposite sex when they are children. There are many little 'tom boys' that like sports and dress in boys clothes and lots of little boys that enjoy dance and playing with dolls. That doesn't mean they need a sex change. Many of these children grow into totally heterosexual adults. Some don't and that is fine, but they need to go through all of the developemental stages before anyone starts altering them with hormones and surgery.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:19 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
I just believe, i don't care of the parents orientation, believe me. At this age, i believe the child at 11 is much too young to make this decision and mot mature enough to handle. What is yet ahead of their plight. This also requires a lot of therapy does it not. At this age who would approve of this. The child may think they are ready, i just don't believe at 11 your capable to undergo, this big change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies