Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 07:39 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,055,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Maybe that is because there are MORE opposite-sex couples who are parents than same-sex couples?
Or it has to do with the fact that parentage and environment has nothing to do with GID.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,865,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Uh, no. That's not it. The vast majority of children with same-sex parents do not have gender identity issues. In fact, the vast majority of people with gender identity issues come from opposite-sex parents.

Some of you come up with very interesting ways to express and justify your anti-gay feelings - or maybe I should say desperate ways...
Seriously? LOL

Let's make up some more stats...

100% of homosexuals come from opposite-sex parents, therefore straight people must be the cause of the mental disorder of homosexuality.

You're openly gay here on CD, I bet your birth parents were straight weren't they? lol

Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,311,515 times
Quote:
The problem is that some people are unable to understand that there is a very wide range of gender roles and sexual orientations. The world isn't black and white. Of course, it makes sense for conservatives and simple-minded folks to not understand this.
You call the opposite view of what many of us are saying to be "understanding?" That's understanding or just ignorant? It's one thing to be understanding and it's another to be blind, ignorant, or simply "loose" in the mind. Take it for what it is, like it or not, that's how I feel.

Who said anything about being a Conservative? LOL See how you or anyone else is? You try to talk about being open-minded or not simple-minded but you throw around accusations.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:42 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,558,521 times
Many ignorant statements over here.

In Spain, 8-9 years ago, a heterosexual couple (married, religious, living in a small town) allowed their 12-year-old son to begin hormonal treatment and sex reassignment therapy in order to change his sex. This is the result nowadays:

http://www.telecinco.es/content/maincontentnew/581.$plit/C_2_maincontent_140464_largeimage.jpg (broken link)

It has nothing to do with the parents being 2 women or 2 men. Many of you are suffering from a virulent manifestation of that widespread, and very serious, social disease called homophobia.

And for the record, I don't approve of these mothers' (or the Spanish mother and father's) decision. But their lesbianism is not the point.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,865,608 times
Quote:
The problem is that some people are unable to understand that there is a very wide range of gender roles and sexual orientations. The world isn't black and white. Of course, it makes sense for conservatives and simple-minded folks to not understand this.
Even simpleminded conservatives know that an 11 year old shouldn't be undergoing a medical treatment to stop puberty.

If this was a straight couple who had adopted this boy and they wanted to give him medical treatments to prevent perceived homosexuality there would be a homo-jihad called for on this board.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,281,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What does that mean though? Tell me what tests they have done or what studies.
Science has shown that homosexuality is not something that is learned or can be chosen.

Tell us, did you CHOOSE to be a heterosexual?

If your answer is no, you have the answer of what homosexuals say about their orientation. They didn't choose.

Quote:
What about the "minor" "medical and psychological organizations?"
If they have the science to back their findings up, then they'll be taken seriously. so far, the only ones against homosexuality and calling it a "mental disorders" have been bigots.

Quote:
I also don't believe that all homosexuals could be considered to have a mental illness, but I do think that homosexuality could be a precursor to any mental instability that may arise or be a underlying cause.
Based on what research? I know a lot of homosexuals and they have a ordinary life as any other person I know.

Quote:
Think about all of the hormones, biological and physiological factors that are in play.
the same hormones, biological and psychological factors that plague you day in a day out.

Quote:
Pentagon Document Classifies Homosexuality as Mental Disorder - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com - The Pentagon (DoD) isn't the best group to chime in on whether homosexuality is a mental illness or not, but I do think they are pretty "major."

they are not a MAJOR psychological or even a medically funded organization. The Pentagon is a major OFFICE building with sometimes bad policies in place.

From your link:

Critics said the reference underscores the Pentagon's failing policies on gays, and adds to a culture that has created uncertainty and insecurity around the treatment of homosexual service members, leading to anti-gay harassment.[LEFT]
It's an article from 2006. I believe that you should cite something more recent. Having old policies in place in government (DADT anyone?) that haven't been updated in 30 years is not a way to support your argument.
[/LEFT]

Quote:
Homosexuality and Mental Health Problems - Gives a little background on the APA's previous stance. Seems to me that they were "encouraged" to change their stance.
So what? You know what was the original cure for Hysteria in Women? To induce orgasms through the use of a vibrator. How does this relate? How is hysteria treated today? Why the change?

view on homosexuality has changed, including learning that its not a mental disorder.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,709,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Seriously? LOL

Let's make up some more stats...

100% of homosexuals come from opposite-sex parents, therefore straight people must be the cause of the mental disorder of homosexuality.

You're openly gay here on CD, I bet your birth parents were straight weren't they? lol
I was responding to the assertion that one is likely to have gender identity problems if one is raised by parents of the same sex. It's just not true. Studies show that kids of same-sex parents are more open-minded, but they do not show a propensity to having gender identity problems.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,311,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Or it has to do with the fact that parentage and environment has nothing to do with GID.
My point stands. Bad usage of statistics and here you come with a flip. LOL You guys are comedy.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,067,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes pulling stats from your nether regions, is one way to support your argument.

85% of statistics are made up.
No need for a source. Approximately 95% of children raised in same-sex households will have an gender-identity crisis or may grow up to dislike the opposite gender or their own.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,281,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
No need for a source. Approximately 95% of children raised in same-sex households will have an gender-identity crisis or may grow up to dislike the opposite gender or their own.

yes, I'll raise your 95% and say 100% of homophobes are stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies