Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 07:46 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,062,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Many ignorant statements over here.

In Spain, 8-9 years ago, a heterosexual couple (married, religious, living in a small town) allowed their 12-year-old son to begin hormonal treatment and sex reassignment therapy in order to change his sex. This is the result nowadays:

It has nothing to do with the parents being 2 women or 2 men. Many of you are suffering from a virulent manifestation of that widespread, and very serious, social disease called homophobia.

And for the record, I don't approve of these mothers' (or the Spanish mother and father's) decision. But their lesbianism is not the point.
Looks like the couple has been brainwashed by the liberal media.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
Many ignorant statements over here.

In Spain, 8-9 years ago, a heterosexual couple (married, religious, living in a small town) allowed their 12-year-old son to begin hormonal treatment and sex reassignment therapy in order to change his sex. This is the result nowadays:

It has nothing to do with the parents being 2 women or 2 men. Many of you are suffering from a virulent manifestation of that widespread, and very serious, social disease called homophobia.

And for the record, I don't approve of these mothers' (or the Spanish mother and father's) decision. But their lesbianism is not the point.
It's like I said. Do I personally think it's too young? Yes. However, I'm not a shrink, and I didn't interview this kid for the stringent requirements hormone therapy has.

If the kid DID go through the required therapy (and is still going through said therapy),a nd the parents aren't just buying hormones online, then I don't see any foreseeable reason why this is wrong.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
No need for a source. Approximately 95% of children raised in same-sex households will have an gender-identity crisis or may grow up to dislike the opposite gender or their own.
Source, please?

7,541 posts, read 6,276,725 times
Quote:
Looks like the couple has been brainwashed by the liberal media.

or homophobes are blowing smoke.

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
No need for a source. Approximately 95% of children raised in same-sex households will have an gender-identity crisis or may grow up to dislike the opposite gender or their own.
Why should anyone take your bizarre opinion seriously when you have nothing to back it up?

10,449 posts, read 12,470,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
and people wonder how having 2 mommies could possibly harm a kid....
The vast majority of people who have gay parents are not trans. Sorry, your argument fails miserably.

3,948 posts, read 4,308,787 times
Quote:

I would like to ask you this: What about when it DOES have something to do with the parents being a same-sex couple? Do people have the right to have concern then?

That's been the point from the beginning. We are wondering what happens in these households? How is this NOT child endangerment?

You all are basically accusing people of being homophobic because they are not foolish enough to eliminate the idea that this child has been influenced. Do you want to go out and state that there is NO WAY that a same-sex household could have such an effect on a child?

THAT is the question. Does it? If it could then people have the right to have concern for a child in such a household.

However, you all want to be blind to the truth and push people off as homophobic.

THE IRONY of your post is that you call those who view this as unnatural as having a social disorder. Yet, those people are not allowed to call homosexuality a social disorder. Do you NOT see the stupidity and hypocrisy in your words?

5,648 posts, read 8,062,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
yes, I'll raise your 95% and say 100% of homophobes are stupid.

Normal people are not stupid. What's your gender?

Homosexuals are just as bigoted. Nobody's perfect.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,276,725 times
Quote:

Normal people are not stupid. What's your gender?

yes and homosexuals are normal as you and I.

My gender has nothing to do with the argument that homophobes are just plain stupid.

Quote:
Homosexuals are just as bigoted. Nobody's perfect.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I would like to ask you this: What about when it DOES have something to do with the parents being a same-sex couple? Do people have the right to have concern then?
And how often does that happen? Please cite a reputable source. (i.e., not NARTH)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies