Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 04:36 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times

Advertisements

"Yemen's Defense Ministry claimed Friday that Anwar al-Awlaki, a radical Islamic preacher believed to be a high-ranking member of al Qaeda's franchise in the region, has been killed.

Al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen born in New Mexico, has been linked to al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula's (AQAP) attempted bombing of a U.S. passenger jet over Detroit on Christmas day, 2009, and is thought to be a leader of the group....."

Yemen: Terror suspect Anwar al-Awlaki killed - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 04:42 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
He's discovering it's not 72 virgins, it's one 72 year old virgin. I'm sure some America and Christian hating liberals will be sad to hear he's been killed.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 AM

958 posts, read 2,621,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
He's discovering it's not 72 virgins, it's one 72 year old virgin. I'm sure some America and Christian hating liberals will be sad to hear he's been killed.
As I'm sure that some right-wing nutjobs thinking about next year's election (due to the Bozo factor of the candidates) will be sad to hear if it turns out the US is responsible for his death.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:47 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
LOL. 72 toothless virgin camels....... With fleas.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:14 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I'm sure some America and Christian hating liberals will be sad to hear he's been killed.
Liberals will be in a quandary over this. Do they get outraged over the killing of a US citizen, or do they show support for their Messiah's actions?

Decisions, decisions. What to do....

I'm guessing they side with Obama on this. It's too difficult to surgically extract their lips from his hind quarters long enough to voice opposition.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"Yemen's Defense Ministry claimed Friday that Anwar al-Awlaki, a radical Islamic preacher believed to be a high-ranking member of al Qaeda's franchise in the region, has been killed.

Al-Awlaki, a U.S. citizen born in New Mexico, has been linked to al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula's (AQAP) attempted bombing of a U.S. passenger jet over Detroit on Christmas day, 2009, and is thought to be a leader of the group....."

Yemen: Terror suspect Anwar al-Awlaki killed - CBS News
I am not sure I ever met 1.. But, I digress. Well done USA!

Old 09-30-2011, 06:18 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
As I'm sure that some right-wing nutjobs thinking about next year's election (due to the Bozo factor of the candidates) will be sad to hear if it turns out the US is responsible for his death.
I, for one, am glad he bought the farm. But I would appreciate a little consistency from you liberals. Let's see: you cried rivers of tears over the Bush detention policy whereby terrorists are held in confinement indefinitely without charge or trial. But you don't have a problem killing said terrorists?

And what about Bush's enhanced interrogation techniques? Wasn't that torture in contravention of the Geneva Conventions? So Obama has replaced interrogation by waterboarding with interrogation by hell-fire missiles and you have no problem with that? Last I heard KSM is still alive despite the waterboarding.

Finally what about the rights of terorists under the U.S Constitution? Weren't you liberals all hot and bothered because Bush didn't observe the niceties of constitutional protections when it came to terrorists? But Al Awlaki was born and raised in this country. He was an American citizen. Yet you have no issue with Obama signing an executive order to allow our troops to assassinate him? Shouldn't he have been captured and brought to trial?

I'm just asking.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:28 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
I guess he will not be dining at the Pentagon anymore.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:40 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
The bad news is he got his 72 virgins. The good news is they all look like rosie o'donnell and whoopie goldberg.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
I EXPECT liberals to decry this killing. Otherwise it displays fully the hypocrisy that infests the Leftist mind.

Ante up Libs. Let's hear you shout down Barack Obama just as you did George Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies