Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 08:28 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Welcome to Barack Obama's America. Where killing American's in foreign lands without due process is OK and holding trials of foreign terrorists in our own courtrooms instead of military tribunals is the preferred method of justice.

How do Liberals look at themselves in the mirror each morning? More importantly, how did you folks get so insanely stupid?
True liberals look at themselves just fine in the morning. The problem from my perspective are those "liberals" who are willing to compromise their values and principles in order to support the actions of Obama just because he has a "D" after his name....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
WOW!!!! how deluded...Little Bush and the neo-Cons got the ball rolling and yet you assign no blame to anyone but the current Admin?Turn FAUX off,get out of your bubble and enjoy some fresh air...it will do you good
It seems I struck a nerve. Any particular reason you didn't address the truths that I speak of?

Old 09-30-2011, 08:35 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
I have an idea. Why don't we try to do this legally. If there is a rational and reasonable reason to take extreme actions, then this is something that should be voted on by congress. This is not the power that should rest in the hands of one man no matter who that man may be.

If this guy is involved with actions against the U.S., charge him with treason. If he does not appear in court to defend himself, and he is out of country where he can't be served with notice, then congress needs to develop a law to deal with this kind of problem.

Due process is in place for a reason. No person should have the power to order the murder of an american citizen with that person having a chance to defend himself.

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yes, I agree. But, do you understand why its ok to question said action?
Why should we give them due process when all it will be is a show trail that the American people will have to pay for lock them up forever, worry if they could radicalize the rest of the prison population and making them heroes in the eyes of radical Muslims? To kill a movement is to do just that kill all radicals where they roost make them live in fear look over their shoulders let them know they are the hunted ones....its war no mercy.

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
He was Al Qaeda.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Welcome to Barack Obama's America. Where killing American's in foreign lands without due process is OK and holding trials of foreign terrorists in our own courtrooms instead of military tribunals is the preferred method of justice.

How do Liberals look at themselves in the mirror each morning? More importantly, how did you folks get so insanely stupid?
So if Bush/Reagan had done this, you wouldn't be experiencing paroxysms of patriotism right now?

Old 09-30-2011, 08:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
Hold the phone. Did awlawki renounce his U.S. citizenship?
Doesn't matter. If an Executive Order was necessary for his killing, then renouncing citizenship apparently has no meaning.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:47 AM

78,371 posts, read 60,566,039 times
So, if I take some hostages in a bank...shoot a few and then a SWAT sniper blows my head off I guess I was denied my "due process" too?

If you have a guy dug into a bunker somewhere in a hostile country with explosives and automatic wheapons....wanted for attempted mass murder....do we sent a sheriffs deputy up there to knock on the door and try to serve him a warrant?

The target knew he was sought by the US govt and could have chose to turn himself in. It's not like he was a local school teacher, wrongly implicated and then we bombed his house while he operated his BBQ clueless that he was even being sought.

This thread is drenched in failsauce. Get back to making the fries.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:49 AM

78,371 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Glen Greenwald would be considered a leftist by most folks. One I happen to agree with on this issue. So, for those of you claiming no one on the left is decrying this action...here you go:

Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com
I consider him an idiot and like most writers he knows how to write but has not subject mastery about the topics he opines on.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:49 AM

988 posts, read 1,203,389 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter. If an Executive Order was necessary for his killing, then renouncing citizenship apparently has no meaning.
You can go through whatever gyrations of the legal system you want. If he renounced his U.S. citizenship, then he is no longer a U.S. citizen. Thus, all this frothy-mouthed phony outrage at the "murder of the U.S. citizen" would be unfounded. Nevermind that this scumbag was engaged in warfare against the U.S. and committed treason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies