Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 12:39 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
WOW!!!! how deluded...Little Bush and the neo-Cons got the ball rolling and yet you assign no blame to anyone but the current Admin?Turn FAUX off,get out of your bubble and enjoy some fresh air...it will do you good
LOL Obama orders the assignationsn of an Americann citizen and its Bushes fault.

Last edited by wjtwet; 09-30-2011 at 01:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Actually it did. On September 29, 2004 the CIA using a Predator drone fired a Hellfire missile into a car occupied by Abu Ali al-Harithi, a suspected planner of the bombing plot. In the vehicle was Ahmed Hijazi, a U.S. citizen. Both were killed.

This was an execution without a trial but you are right, there are the drones to consider. I wonder how many people have died without a trial or due to drone attacks during our warm fuzzy humanitarian drone attacks initiated by Obama. All tolled, I wonder how many have died that shouldn't have?

The whole thing is sickening (no matter which president was responsible). This kind of thing hardly makes you "proud to be an American".

Old 09-30-2011, 12:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Just a thought:

I really wish Mr. Greenwald were as concerned about American citizens who are unlawfully killed by American law enforcement right here in the U.S. for no other reason that reaching for their wallet, being homeless or trying to board a commuter train, instead of expending bandwidth on someone who has actively and openly attempted to take the lives of numerous innocent people, here and abroad.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
I reject the notion that non-U.S. citizens and enemy combatants should be afforded Constitutional rights.

Not sure if sarcastic, or actually think I voted for Obama...

I reject the notion that terrorists should have their acts of war adjudicated in civilian U.S. courts.

I didn't ignore it. I just don't care about it. It is irrelevant.

I don't support and never have supported affording Constitutional rights to terrorists, enemy combatants, former U.S. citizens that have renounced their citizenship and engage in treasonous activity, or Sean Penn.

You have me confused with someone else.

The breathe-right strips help somewhat, but this ragweed is killing me. Thanks for your concern.
Good. Then we're in agreement.

I'm glad the scumbag is dead. And I also don't support using our judicial system to try foreign terrorists.

I'm merely pointing out that it is Obama who has pushed for the civilian court trials for terrorists, but yet has no problem killing an American-born terrorist via unchecked Executive Order powers.

This hypocrisy should trouble you deeply, no matter what your political stripe is.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:54 PM

Default Another One Bites the Dust - Anwar al-Awlaki DOA!

I posted a relatively long and reasoned piece on the legal issues surrounding the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki but I still feel that their is room for a thread to recount the numerous victories that have occurred under both the Bush and Obama administrations of dispatching members of al Qaeda from the face of the planet. That isn't to say that a serious debate about how the war on al Qaeda is or should be conducted, but there should be a place where we can talk about the successes.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:57 PM

I don't mean in any way to slight the number of al Qaeda members killed under Bush's watch (I don't want to turn this into a partisan C-D pissing match) but it was the only comprehensive list of major terrorist killed recently (the fact that it is hard to find such a list is just as telling)

The Terrorist Notches on Obama’s Belt - ABC News

Old 09-30-2011, 01:01 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
While I am no fan of Mr. Obama, I certainly agree that he has done a good job of hunting down and killing bad guys.

Both GWB and BHO have done good in this area. I do beleive that BHO has had a freer hand than his predicessor because he is a democrat and while the democrats were shrill in their opposition to GWBs efforts, some of the things that BHO has done that cross lines the dems seemed opposed to have been met with silence. (Like cross boarder attacks into Pakistan and increased drone attacks).

Let me say that I am for his efforts. Applaud these successes and am pleased that we have not had a major attack in the USA since 9/11 and both the former and the current president get high marks in that area from me.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I give credit to the men and women in the field who actually acquire the intelligence and pull the trigger.

Unfortunately for Barack, this won't get him re-elected.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:03 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
I reject the notion that non-U.S. citizens and enemy combatants should be afforded Constitutional rights.

Not sure if sarcastic, or actually think I voted for Obama...

I reject the notion that terrorists should have their acts of war adjudicated in civilian U.S. courts.

I didn't ignore it. I just don't care about it. It is irrelevant.

I don't support and never have supported affording Constitutional rights to terrorists, enemy combatants, former U.S. citizens that have renounced their citizenship and engage in treasonous activity, or Sean Penn.

You have me confused with someone else.

The breathe-right strips help somewhat, but this ragweed is killing me. Thanks for your concern.

Please cite something to show he was not a U.S. citizen. Everything that I have seen has stated that he was in fact a U.S. citizen.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:04 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Applause! Applause! Applause!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies