Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 05:24 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
hmm, the banks own everything? well lets see, i have three cars, all of them paid off, my mom has one car, paid off, my mom owns her house, mortgage paid off years ago, credit cards paid off each month, no outstanding loans of any kind. so i guess the OP is wrong, the banks dont own everything.
I agree...last time I dealt with those robber barons was '01...bought a house,fixed it up and sold it and the next three we have paid cash for...we buy trucks that are a few years old and the original owners have taken a major hit on(drive one off the lot brand new and in this economy you'll lose 20% almost instantly..at 100xxx they lose over 50%),put accessories on it from shopping CL and turn around and sell them when we get bored and make a dollar or two there..there are endless ways to make money if you just pay attention and that money keeps you out of debt...cutting your credit cards up,working overtime,doing without vacations,doing without every stupid electronic gadget or "trending" piece of crap made and watch your dollars and apply those dollars straight to your debt and you'll look up pretty quick and be able to afford those vacations...now the county property tax assessor? Can't get away from THAT butthead and will always owe them something for nothing,but you can break the chains of the banksters if you really want to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 07:41 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What the hell does Gadhafi have to do with any of this? Your thread title sounds like the product of schizophrenia.
"According to more than a few observers, Gadhafi’s plan to quit selling Libyan oil in U.S. dollars — demanding payment instead in gold-backed “dinars” (a single African currency made from gold) — was the real cause. The regime, sitting on massive amounts of gold, estimated at close to 150 tons, was also pushing other African and Middle Eastern governments to follow suit.

And it literally had the potential to bring down the dollar and the world monetary system by extension, according to analysts. French President Nicolas Sarkozy reportedly went so far as to call Libya a “threat” to the financial security of the world. The “Insiders” were apparently panicking over Gadhafi’s plan."

Gold has value...fiat does not. Our fantasy world built upon perpetual debt and magic green toilet paper would be wiped out if currency was actually tied to something of value.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
3 year old thread, necro'd by a 4 post newbie.

Lotta that going around lately...

Old 09-30-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
"According to more than a few observers, Gadhafi’s plan to quit selling Libyan oil in U.S. dollars — demanding payment instead in gold-backed “dinars” (a single African currency made from gold) — was the real cause. The regime, sitting on massive amounts of gold, estimated at close to 150 tons, was also pushing other African and Middle Eastern governments to follow suit.

And it literally had the potential to bring down the dollar and the world monetary system by extension, according to analysts. French President Nicolas Sarkozy reportedly went so far as to call Libya a “threat” to the financial security of the world. The “Insiders” were apparently panicking over Gadhafi’s plan."

Gold has value...fiat does not. Our fantasy world built upon perpetual debt and magic green toilet paper would be wiped out if currency was actually tied to something of value.
The term "fiat money" is being bandied about a lot lately...I've heard the term used more in the past few days than in past 30 years...what rwnj is making this popular again?

Old 09-30-2014, 01:31 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What the hell does Gadhafi have to do with any of this? Your thread title sounds like the product of schizophrenia.
Gadhafi was still alive when this thread started. Check the date on the OP. There seems to be a lot of these long-dead threads coming back recently; that's why I called it a zombie.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
The term "fiat money" is being bandied about a lot lately...I've heard the term used more in the past few days than in past 30 years...what rwnj is making this popular again?
It's not a "rwnj" term... LOL

"Fiat money is currency which derives its value from government regulation or law. It differs from commodity money, which is based on a good, often a precious metal such as gold or silver, which has uses other than as a medium of exchange."

It is "backed" up by nothing more than the promise of the indentured servitude of its users for the benefit of the Central Bank.

There is another "rwnj" term for Constitutional currency which is gold and silver coin. We use toilet paper instead...

Old 10-01-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
It's not a "rwnj" term... LOL

"Fiat money is currency which derives its value from government regulation or law. It differs from commodity money, which is based on a good, often a precious metal such as gold or silver, which has uses other than as a medium of exchange."

It is "backed" up by nothing more than the promise of the indentured servitude of its users for the benefit of the Central Bank.

There is another "rwnj" term for Constitutional currency which is gold and silver coin. We use toilet paper instead...
No,I am familiar with the term and what it means(hard to tell from my posts ,but I didn't sleep ALL the way through school)...I was just saying that I haven't heard it much throughout time and now all of a sudden you see it in a lot of threads is all...I was wondering who was making it popular again and I have my ideas

Old 10-01-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
No,I am familiar with the term and what it means(hard to tell from my posts ,but I didn't sleep ALL the way through school)...I was just saying that I haven't heard it much throughout time and now all of a sudden you see it in a lot of threads is all...I was wondering who was making it popular again and I have my ideas
Hopefully, FINALLY, some of the slave masses are catching on to the ancient scams of shylocks and money-changers. Maybe people are FINALLY catching on to the scam of usury, partial-reserve "banking", and seeing that fiat is just counterfeiting that only benefits those who have a monopoly on creating it. Maybe, FINALLY the slaves of the Morgans, Loebs, and Rothschilds, are starting to see that perpetual debt and interest for an investment of nothing is completely immoral and insane.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Hopefully, FINALLY, some of the slave masses are catching on to the ancient scams of shylocks and money-changers. Maybe people are FINALLY catching on to the scam of usury, partial-reserve "banking", and seeing that fiat is just counterfeiting that only benefits those who have a monopoly on creating it. Maybe, FINALLY the slaves of the Morgans, Loebs, and Rothschilds, are starting to see that perpetual debt and interest for an investment of nothing is completely immoral and insane.
I have no debt baby...I've been on to that game for many,many moons.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I have no debt baby...I've been on to that game for many,many moons.
Yes, but they still have the ability to steal indirectly as much as they want by counterfeiting. When the create more, what you have and use is proportionally devalued at the same time. They don't need you to take out loans to steal from you. They have a monopoly on, well, monopoly money...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies