Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 03:06 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,295,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
He obviously wanted the attention it brings.

I'm not an Obama fan but a giant billboard with a crying man in a diaper would get old pretty fast. Good for a laugh, but I'd get sick of having to look at it, what an eyesore.

Exactly what we have been sick of watching in DC all of this time since his inauguration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 03:30 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
that is far from the truth
Oh yeah? Tell us why you don't think Obama has received a Free Pass from the media.

This ought to be good.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:39 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
I read the OP. I tried to care and just could not bring myself to care. It is his right to post the signs. As long as he is within zoning regulations then why not.

Would be no different than wearing a T Shirt that said the same thing. I kind of like to know where the nutcases are.

I think he is doing the community a favor by letting them know where the crazy person lives.

Outside of the community, who really cares. This is not a national story and not what I would call news.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Of course this sort of thing was just fine three or four years ago.....

Anti-Obama sign in Uptown neighborhood draws controversy | wwltv.com New Orleans
It still is.

[the exception being that it's a different set of people who are upset]

Old 10-02-2011, 04:07 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,292,856 times
""He wouldn't do that to [President] Bush, I'm sure. It's just insulting. It's insulting," said C.C. Campbell-Rock.

But other people did do this to president Bush. It was disrespectful then, and it is disrespectful now. This speaks to exactly the kind of partisan hypocrisy on display by so many today. "It's okay when it's done to your guy, but not okay when it's done to my guy." No, it's not okay when it's done to either guy.

Yes, it is free speech, and this person has the right to post it. However, defending it by simply claiming the other side did it first just sends the message that one side is no better than the other, and isn't even going to make an attempt to be. It's kind of hard to convince others of the merits of your side of the political coin when you make an argument like that.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:10 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
It is funny because if Republicans had their way the very land that sign is on would be a festering swamp, because none of them were useful in dealing with hurricane Katrina.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:30 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't know what media you're watching/listening to, but that's not the case at all.
Facts just doesn't make a good talking point for you.
Speak for yourself your tag says it all LOL !!!!

Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
It is funny because if Republicans had their way the very land that sign is on would be a festering swamp, because none of them were useful in dealing with hurricane Katrina.

"New Orleans will be chocolate"

Buses sitting unused for evacuation........
So on & so forth goes the great Dems response to it.

Divisive as well as incompetent.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:43 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"New Orleans will be chocolate"

Buses sitting unused for evacuation........
So on & so forth goes the great Dems response to it.

Divisive as well as incompetent.
I am not talking about the response. That was bad on all fronts I am talking about way after that. Thus why I said if Republicans had their way it would still be a festering swamp. Here is a 2005 article to refresh your memory of that debate.

The case against rebuilding the sunken city of New Orleans. - Slate Magazine

Last edited by Randomstudent; 10-02-2011 at 04:54 PM..

Old 10-03-2011, 05:11 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,510 times
What makes me laugh is during Bush's last year in office we went to The Ohio State University to tailgate they had a poster at Lane and High St. George was dressed like a Nazi,there was early voting and Springsteen was blaring.The next year after Obama's Hope & Change election win Barrack was next to Nazi George as the Joker....same group pushing for "The Anointed One" election....no pleasing the liberal left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies