Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 09:46 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I can't think of any Union members who make 10 million a year in bonuses when the company they are runnning is in the tank. I think the comparison ends there.
In addition to the Union members there should be more Tea Party members, I have heard there are some there. Part of the 99% movement is the call to do away with the Fed. This is a favorite them for the original tea party movement.
So it's about dollar amount? Interesting. And who gets to decide when too much is too much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Bugger speaks volumns regarding this mass gathering of drooling morons. The reporters sticking microphones in their faces are painting a different picture other than the young warriors you want us to believe are the future. They are some of the dumbest people you could dredge up to protest. LOL
Amerika needs the SS to clean up all this scum against the Status Quo.
Duh, Amerika need moh intellejun peipple!

Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
This is a real grassroots movement. This movement is only going to get bugger. Plus, the people of it are young. It's the future.

Move Over Tea Party. Th
Those behaving badly and breaking laws usually do garner more attention than those whom are peaceful and operate within the law. Should I be shocked that the Progressive left resorts to violence and civil unrest rather than utilizing our legislative system?

Old 10-02-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Those behaving badly and breaking laws usually do garner more attention than those whom are peaceful and operate within the law. Should I be shocked that the Progressive left resorts to violence and civil unrest rather than utilizing our legislative system?
Pray to Jesus that the the police will smash some craniums!
Somebody's (like the Tea Party) gotta stick up for the fat cats!

Old 10-02-2011, 09:50 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Read very carefully the posts of most right wingers who mock and deride the protests without offering a smidgen of sympathy with their cause.

That will tell you a lot about right wingers and how much they are really motivated about taking on the elite status quo that owns this country.

The fact of the matter is they support Wall St graft and greed, they wouldn't do a damn thing to reign in their power. They worship elites.
Not deriding their cause. If the left would remember correctly, instead of their revisionist history, they would remember that the Tea Party protests were in large part to protest the bank bailouts.

I'm sure there will be some that will call me a liar, because they've convinced themselves that it's because we have a black man in the WH. But I was at those protests, heard the speakers, talked to the people around me.

My problem with the protesters is the hypocrisy. They hate Wall Street, but love our government, who is screwing them over as we speak. They hate big business, but more than of few of them are living off their parents, who are supporting them thanks to big business. They're protesting, but can't articulate what they hate other than Wall Street. And the ones that are honest (before being shushed by their smarter buddies) admit they want communism.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:53 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
A report from HP.

Occupy Wall Street: NYPD Arrests 700 Protesters On Brooklyn Bridge [LATEST UPDATES]

Occupy Wall Street Arrests: An Eyewitness View

The second link is a good account from someone who was there. I kind of laugh at the people who think this is only kids. The movement is growing and spreading, and there are people there from different generations. They are not just the twenty-somethings. They are also people in their 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's.

When someone started a thread on 'The Day of Rage' when this started the regular teabaggers on CD made their usual and typical denigration. I think they must be too brainwashed to grasp that the 1% have them right where they want all of us; supporting the uber rich and empowering them to increase their billions, decrease their taxes, and increase the gap between them and us. We have steadily moved backwards since the 1970's as far as wages and worker rights.

People are becoming increasingly fed up. Repeal Citizen's United! The rich don't employ me, but we are allowing them to buy off most all of the politicians, who weaken our human rights. Repeal Citizen's United!

Old 10-02-2011, 09:54 AM

Whay are people protesting? Why can't they be obedient sucka$$ robots like the Tea Party?
A better name for the Tea Party would be the Brown Noses.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Whay are people protesting? Why can't they be obedient sucka$$ robots like the Tea Party?
A better name for the Tea Party would be the Brown Noses.

When ya can't debate the issues...resort to name calling.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:56 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The only violence that I have seen thus far is violence against the protestors by the members of the NYPD thugs who have been bribed by Wall Street.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:56 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You just said two words separated by two others that sicken me every time I hear or read them. Justice, and equality. When lefties talk about those words they make me sick.
Wingnuts do not own justice and equality. In fact, you try to denigrate everyone who stands for justice and equality.

That is what is sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies