Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:10 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper
another stupid leftists chimes in on the protest

Controversial comedienne Roseanne Barr has her own solution to the financial crisis: behead any wealthy banker making more than $100 million who won't be reeducated

What is it about Progressives and their love for forced re-education of those who don't get on board their ideological train?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 01:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Let's get the semantics straight - they are not "Wall Street Bankers".

They are Wall Street Swindlers.

Confessions Of A Wall St. Nihilist: Forget About Goldman Sachs, Our Entire Economy Is Built On Fraud - By Mark Ames - The eXiled
First, Russian tabloids are not valid sources of information.

And if we pretend they are, something that one bitter employee writes means we can generalize an entire industry that way?

Please explain to me how any of the companies I listed would exist today without wall street bankers. Look at their financial situations before takeovers and explain how they would still be around without the help of wall street.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:17 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
That is exactly what these bankers that you complain about do every day. They work harder than anyone else on earth for a few years are paid millions. Then liberals complain because they don't bother to educate themselves on how wall street really works.
Harder. Than. Anyone. Else. On. Earth.

Huh.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:24 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Huh.
You were not aware of that? I heard that they were once stuck in an underground vault for months and only had the little amount of food and water that could be lowered to them down a shaft. Oh wait...those were coal miners and it wasn't a vault, it was a crumbling coal mine. Nevermind.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-04-2011 at 02:49 PM..

Old 10-04-2011, 02:27 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:

Please explain to me how any of the companies I listed would exist today without wall street bankers. Look at their financial situations before takeovers and explain how they would still be around without the help of wall street.
Close corporations, Dude.

They're immune to pests and parasites.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The only wealth redistribution that gets granny's approval is the classic transfer from the workers to the owners. I say let the owners have it all. Then when we go over the edge we take them with us and everybody loses. After that we may just make the changes needed to keep the shysters, scammers and gamblers away from the economy.
Could you help me understand exactly who your angry at? Is it the banks, it is the stock brokers, is it the companies like Goldman Sachs and Coca Cola, any company on the stock market, mutual funds, retirement accts, or is it anybody that dares earn a profit?
Would you like us all to just hand over 50% of our earnings, so the gov't can redistribute it? Who gets to have that money, and how much should the Feds keep, and what about the States? What is a fair salary for everybody? What should the gov't provide for free? I have heard that housing, healthcare, and education are rights. So what kind of house are we all going to get? How much education, and maybe they should just be training on the job, for whatever job the gov't needs us to do, then we don't need no ejucashun.
Can you fill in some blanks, recruit me.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:36 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You were not aware of that? I heard that they were once stuck in an underground vault for months and only had the little amount of food and water that could be lowered to them down a shaft. Oh wait...those were coal miners and it wasn't a vault, it was a crumbling coal mine. Never mind.
I find myself turning on my TV less and less these days. There's better comedy here and I don't have to mute the commercials.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

Huh.
Let me know how working 100+ hours/week, every week is not hard work.

Quote:
Close corporations, Dude.

They're immune to pests and parasites.

So you have no valid answer, other than to put hundreds of thousands of people out of work by 'closing corporations, dude'.

Interesting.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:38 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Let me know how working 100+ hours/week, every week is not hard work.
Those poor, poor people.

Makes me want to cry, and send them a charitable donation right now.

Their work is so meaningful.

Shoveling schit is a necessary function for the stables on Wall Street.

Quote:
So you have no valid answer, other than to put hundreds of thousands of people out of work by 'closing corporations, dude'.

Interesting.
Closed Corporations, ****head. (Closely held)

Like Henry Ford had.

'Member him?

From 1976 to 2009, I never worked less than 100 hours per week.

I was doing fine till Mark Mora took my security ID badge.

Nowadays, I just while-away the days and nights posting on City Data.

The Captain told me that if I wanted to rant, I should rant to him.

I had, ten years earlier, requested an onsite washer and dryer, but Mark Mora insisted that I take the germs home with me.

Now, I'm all infected, and stuff.

I had to exempt myself from Worker's Compensation coverage because of Mr. Mora's manipulations.

He was given an award for saving NIH money.

Paul Carlson, the Safety Officer, kissed Mark's asss on the deal and was rewarded with a promotion.

NIH likes to encourage "team play".

I was prohibited from wearing rubber gloves when transporting hazardous materials at Rocky Mountain Laboratories.

Last edited by ergohead; 10-05-2011 at 07:05 AM..

Old 10-05-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Those poor, poor people.

Makes me want to cry, and send them a charitable donation right now.

Their work is so meaningful.

Shoveling schit is a necessary function for the stables on Wall Street.

Closed Corporations, ****head. (Closely held)

Like Henry Ford had.

'Member him?

From 1976 to 2009, I never worked less than 100 hours per week.

I was doing fine till Mark Mora took my security ID badge.

Nowadays, I just while-away the days and nights posting on City Data.

The Captain told me that if I wanted to rant, I should rant to him.

I had, ten years earlier, requested an onsite washer and dryer, but Mark Mora insisted that I take the germs home with me.

Now, I'm all infected, and stuff.

I had to exempt myself from Worker's Compensation coverage because of Mr. Mora's manipulations.

He was given an award for saving NIH money.

Paul Carlson, the Safety Officer, kissed his asss on the deal and was rewarded with a promotion.

NIH likes to encourage "team play".
Again, you still haven't explained how the list of companies (and the tens of thousands of people who feed their families by working for them) would still be around without wall street bankers. Way to continually avoid answering a simple question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies