Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:46 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,966,995 times

Advertisements

Looks like a big day for the protesters and those watching.

Down with the Corrupt Banksters and Politicans

globalrevolution - live streaming video powered by Livestream
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 02:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,031,985 times
The problem is the protests will do nothing. The government and the bankers have been robbing the country blind and it will continue until this group gets put out of office especially the ones who've created this buddy system. Sadly they just get voted back in again and again.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:59 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,966,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The problem is the protests will do nothing. The government and the bankers have been robbing the country blind and it will continue until this group gets put out of office especially the ones who've created this buddy system. Sadly they just get voted back in again and again.
Peaceful Protesting will not do anything, and doing nothing allows the criminals in charge to continue their looting.

I'm not even sure it matters if Ron Paul were to win the presidency because the corruption runs so deep among many players that have hijacked our government for their on ends.

Were done.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,307,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Peaceful Protesting will not do anything, and doing nothing allows the criminals in charge to continue their looting.

Were done.
In watching all that peaceful protesting on the Brooklyn Bridge I had to wonder who does own that thing. So many people talk about selling it but doesn't the city still maintain it and is it a part of the traffic system? If it is all that then I think that peaceful or not the rights of motorists who want to use that part of the system are being violated. I am ready for the police to start protecting the rights of the people of the city to use their streets.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:12 PM

27,689 posts, read 16,178,066 times
This should make it on the nightly news right?

Old 10-01-2011, 03:31 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,228,401 times
How do you slow down the comments on livestream?

Old 10-01-2011, 03:31 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,523,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This should make it on the nightly news right?
This group is growing and protests are also going on in Boston and Chicago.

https://occupywallst.org/

Old 10-01-2011, 03:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,031,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In watching all that peaceful protesting on the Brooklyn Bridge I had to wonder who does own that thing. So many people talk about selling it but doesn't the city still maintain it and is it a part of the traffic system? If it is all that then I think that peaceful or not the rights of motorists who want to use that part of the system are being violated. I am ready for the police to start protecting the rights of the people of the city to use their streets.
Yeah I got no problem at all with folks protesting. If I was in NY I probably would be too but when they start getting crazy blocking stuff off and laying around then time to go. Anarchy is not what society is based on. Half these folks probably don't even know why their there to begin with.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:08 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,228,401 times
Default J P Morgan Chase donated 4.6 million to the NYPD Foundation

http://www.jpmorganchase.com/corpora...icle/ny-13.htm

Huh?!

67% quarterly profits, after so many millions in bad loans.....

JPMorgan Quarterly Profit Rises 67% - NYTimes.com

and why is Wells Fargo, that wrote off millions and millions in bad loans, now experiencing the largest growth in their history?

Wells Fargo takes heavy hit for bad home loans - Times Online

https://www.wellsfargo.com/invest_re...stment_profile

Connect the dots, folks. It's past time for a little civil disobedience.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:13 PM

34,114 posts, read 83,076,821 times
Has the NYPD found some other way for Tony Baloney "to protect and to serve"?

NYPD Officer Anthony Bologna's second unjustified pepperspray attack @ Occupy Wall Street - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies