Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 02:53 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,984,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What a excellent link. I wish I could rep you a 50 times for that!

I can't believe how bad the situation has become in America since Obama's been in office!
I can't believe how ignorant people are in that they think that a president has that much power over the economy, especially when the entire world was/is having issues. Is every single global leader a huge failure? Or are they at the mercy of larger factors? Some of you are so completely illogical. Bush didn't have this much power over the economy, and neither does Obama.

BTW, do you guys know what got us out of the Great Depression? It wasn't Roosevelt policy, it was WWII.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 02:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,065,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I can't believe how ignorant people are in that they think that a president has that much power over the economy, especially when the entire world was/is having issues. Is every single global leader a huge failure? Or are they at the mercy of larger factors? Some of you are so completely illogical. Bush didn't have this much power over the economy, and neither does Obama.

BTW, do you guys know what got us out of the Great Depression? It wasn't Roosevelt policy, it was WWII.
Oh, ok. I get it now. All those times that Barack was blaming George, he must have been "ignorant" to "think that a president has that much power over the economy."

Thanks for clearing that up for us!! We now know that Barack Obama is clueless!

Old 10-02-2011, 03:03 PM

26,918 posts, read 15,136,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
and there are people stupid enough to believe that, or at least one

Yep. I seem to recall the Dems while they had 100% control doing some things like ObamaCare no one wanted as well as passing a good budget.....oh wait, that didn't happen though it was their responsibility under the Law.

Shame, shame!

.....and then there were all of those billions of ours that they gave away.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:20 PM

46,187 posts, read 26,924,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I can't believe how ignorant people are in that they think that a president has that much power over the economy, .
Then why does the left continue to blame Bush?

Old 10-02-2011, 03:20 PM

15,442 posts, read 21,272,697 times
One thing the chart is missing are Obama's wars. Last summer I think we have troops operating in 75 different countries.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
No, the Democrats do not control the Senate. They would if they could pass bills with 51 votes but they can't. Also even if they did control the Senate it wouldn't make any difference because the Republicans control the House as well as the Supreme Court
Uhh ohhhh....

List of current United States Senators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

51 DEMOCRATIC senators....

Old 10-02-2011, 03:27 PM

27,363 posts, read 28,438,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then why does the left continue to blame Bush?
Because for them, Obama must get re-elected no matter what the cost is to U.S. economy and to the welfare of Americans.

Blame Bush, make excuses, divert attention, misrepresent facts, do damage control. But make sure Obama is president again for another 4 years. It doesn't matter how incompetent he is. So thinks the left.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
If NONE of the numbers are good then that's obviously cherrypicking. How about terrorists killed?

O.K., I'll play....right now the big deal is that obama has 3 under his belt....

So, I guess him and Bush are equal....can you figure out the other 3 I'm talking about....

I'll give you a hint....SH and his 2 sons....

So how are you going to spin this one....

The biggest problem here is that you are grasping at straws and all you can fall back on ....well he killed 3 terrorists....

Old 10-02-2011, 05:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,846,839 times
Quote:
If NONE of the numbers are good then that's obviously cherrypicking. How about terrorists killed?
The economy, jobs, gas prices, spending, debt and taxes will be the issues.

Quote:
No, the Democrats do not control the Senate. They would if they could pass bills with 51 votes but they can't. Also even if they did control the Senate it wouldn't make any difference because the Republicans control the House as well as the Supreme Court
Last I looked, the dems had 53 in their caucus. But...they did have 60 votes in the Senate and a huge majority in the House up until Jan 2011.....you knew that, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I would love to see the numbers from 2007-2009? Can you Obama haters show those or are you too scared?
That's when things went to pot, when the dems took over Congress in 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
One mo' time. This was sarcastic. Clearly, it was too subtle. Or, we are all so wired for fight that we do that as an involuntary muscle twitch.
Sorry, we are so used to obama's diehard supporters blaming BUSHBUSHBUSHBUSH all the time.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:31 PM

23,398 posts, read 17,072,575 times
By his own admission obama will not run in 2012...

February 1, 2009.
“A year from now I think people are going to see that we're starting to make some progress," said Obama. "But there's still going to be some pain out there. If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition.”

Of course Obama and his minions have declared the economy is improving so maybe he will run again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies