Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 04:48 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Obama needs to realize that he speaks down to people with his "preaching" from on high.

He talks to the American people like he's superior to them all.

If that was the case we wouldn't have this dismal economy with 2 wars still on going and military pesonnel in several other Arab states.

The countdown to the end of the Obama dog and pony show has begun.

Most of the US is sick of the lies, broken promises and half truths.

If the Democrats were smart they would find a more capable candidate.

Obama's lack of results is pretty pathetic.
You are very correct, to say the least!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 04:51 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Your interpretation of true 'quality' is certainly not mine.
Because I DO have Quality, and understand it's true, geniune meaning, I can and do make the statement I made!!

Originally Posted by quality guy
Obama blasts GOP candidates for failing to defend gay soldier - 44 - The Washington Post

This is insidious! First Obama forces the recent NEW policy of allowing homosexuals to serve 'openly' in the Military...which moral American citizens, as well as most Military veterans, Genarals, etc. are vehemently opposed to...Now, Obama, attemping to again use and exploit the 'corrupt' Politically Correct Agenda, criticises the GOP for not defending an openly homosexual soldier.

So much barely discernible jibberish in one post, sheesh.

My response: Get over it.

American military: Congratulations. Welcome to the "Civilized World." You have now left the ranks and thinking of Arab and Muslim countries to join the rest of the more important Western Civilization militaries in growing up and saying, "we don't give a damn about sexuality of our soldiers."

Britain and Israel (with arguably the best militaries in the world, have long since shown that nothing bad will happen, except that a bunch of insecure "conservative" folks will have hissy fits and whine like little babies. That's their nature though, so carry on.)

Old 10-02-2011, 04:56 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." The Republican candidates who stood silent while a soldier was booed should be shamed....if they are even capable of feeling shame. And a presdient who would have stayed silent about such behavior should have been shamed as well. If it is divisive to point out that staying silent at such behavior is wrong then so be it. I would want to be divided from such men and women.

Amen to that.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:48 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
... for staying silent when audience members at a debate booed a gay soldier who asked a question about DADT.

Obama HRC Speech 2011: President Talks Gay Rights At Human Rights Campaign Dinner

I guess we know who will not get the gay vote.
obama knows that never happened, but he continues to lie about it. That shows his character. I'm sure you know it isn't true, also, so why continue to say so?
NO ONE booed the gay soldier...........

Old 10-02-2011, 05:49 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm not anti-gay. I'm Anti Gay Agenda Being Pushed On America. What homosexuals do in their bedrooms is their business. That's their choice. But homosexuals incessant use of the Constitution to try force the "homosexuality is normal and natural" meme on everyone else is exactly why you'll continue to get resistance from people like me. "Normal" and "Legal" are not synonymous, no matter how many gays try to make you think it is.
"Gay Agenda" is something anti-gay people came up with to ignore the very real equality issues that exist. It is an attempt to paint gays as trying to gain special rights and as destroyers of "traditional values", all the while ignoring their own hypocrisy. You're not fooling anyone.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Listen pal, if you don't REALIZE that the majority of Americans, as well as Military members, are against this 'bad policy' forced on the U.S. Military...then you are swimming in the river of 'denial.'
So the opinions of those actually in the military and have to deal directly with this policy don't matter?

In fact, I'm not sure I have seen any polls in which a majority opposed this policy change.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
So the military says it's fine... so your issue is with what, exactly?

The Blaze...

Old 10-02-2011, 06:04 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I'm glad Obama called them out. He should have, as commander in chief.
An American soldier, currently serving the country and risking his life, was openly booed by members of a Republican party audience. Nobody on stage stood up for him. It was despicable, especially from the party that claims to love the military.

Republicans are only pro military when said soldiers are conservative and straight. Apparently the rest of 'em can be thrown to the wolves for all they care. Sad.
So you, the educator (Ha ha) are going to continue the lie? Watch a tape of the man in question. He Was not booed because of his sexual preference.
The tape clearly shows him announcing he is a gay man, and NOT A Sound was heard. Then he asked his question and he got a few boos. The question he asked was booed, not the man or his sexuality. If you are going to teach, learn the truth and tell it..!!
It's just another lie the democrats have jumped on and continue to repeat, even knowing it isn't true...

Old 10-02-2011, 06:34 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It was quite clear it was directed at the Soldier. Regardless, one of the GOP candidates should have stepped up and called those out who were booing. That was a disgrace.

I don't think it was quite clear, because that was not what they were booing. I am not sure the candidates wanted to lend credibility to whoever did the booing. This sort of thing seems to happen at least once at each debate. It needs to be investigated to find out exactly who is doing this and what their motivation is. I bet if that were done, it would be surprising who exactly is doing it.

It might be best to do these debates without a live audience, then any chance for interlopers causing distractions would not be possible.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The crowd booed while the Republican goons, including that pathetic Romney, stood there froken like a deer in teh headlights. They were unaware that their silence when the crowd booed was a glaring statement that they are utterly clueless. Clueless.

This criticism is SPOT ON. Another example that our President can't be touched by this bunch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Even if your boo-meter registed just one boo...it was one boo too many and not even one of the chickenhawks on stage spoke up in defense of the soldier.
While I do not condone the booing, Obama's campaign speech following it reminded me of this (that most attribute to Voltaire)

"I disagree with what you have to say but will fight to the death to protect your right to say it."

I think it would have been out of place and a denial of the boo'er's free speech to castigate him. I am so sick of the government telling us how we have to think about everything. And Obama using it as a campaign point is sickening
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies