Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 03:48 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So, they'll have to change the name. TEA is Taxed Enough Already. These yahoos will need to call theirs the TODM party, Tax Other Dudes More.
I think the very rich should be taxed more. As a middle class person I resent the fact that multi-millionaires pay less taxes than I do, with all their loopholes and legal shenanigans.

As Leona Helmsley was quoted as saying: "Only the little people pay taxes." (we know where she ended up ... I wonder who didn't get caught, and are enjoying being subsidized with their $5000 a night hotel suites and their $500 three cocktail dinners in 5 star restaurants!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 03:48 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
i think they should not occupy wall St though. they should occupy all the school..I guess they didnt learn anything when they are there..should ask for refund LOL
It's not the schools fault that the students were too busy texting to learn anything...

Old 10-07-2011, 03:50 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I thought so...wasnt sure till you posted this

its HC everybody...
That aint me... But they have the same info...

Old 10-07-2011, 03:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Cantor's continued presence shames Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
A mob..what a joke he is.
Perhaps he needs to take another long, hard look at those who are at not only the NY protest but all across this country. They are from all walks of life and all income brackets.
Yet another pathetic comment from Cantor, GOP's ultimate pretender. You're absolutely right.

One wonders how many more qualified, more intelligent, more talented, more deserving minorities were UNFAIRLY PASSED OVER so this guy could be in a position that he has no business being close to having.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:54 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Where was he during the Tea Party uprising?

Cantor Calls Occupy Wall Street As A 'Mob' - YouTube

Ummm did the tea Party camp in the street and attack the police? Nope!

These cretins are a mob. How about a shower and a job hunt?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:54 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
When you destroy private property you are a "mob". The TEA party cleans up after itself and LEAVES when their protest is over.
Exactly the right point.
The tea party folks clean after themselves, they have good hygiene and are self motivated peaceful people.
Here you have dirty, needy sometimes violent people who don't understand IMO free markets over big government control of your life.

They have evolved into a mob and many are paid to be there which means they are a phony mob at that.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:00 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Ok, let's play this what if game. What if all of the above happened. That's Wall Streets fault? The Governments fault?

If you're "Called off to war" it's because you enlisted in the military, and being called off to war happens when you're in the military. It's not just playing with guns for a while. Whether or not you like the war isn't part of the deal, you enlist, you fight.

If your career was "dumped" there was a reason. Maybe the union you belong to was asking for too many "benefits" and dues and crazy higher wages so the company needed to move somewhere where they could still make the products or provide the service at a reasonable price to their consumers and the only way to do it was to move away from the union based jobs. Maybe if people didn't think that every job in the world were supposed to make you rich, and stop the crazy wage increases for no-skilled labor, maybe companies would stop needing to move outside of the country to provide inexpensive products and services!

If a family member gets sick and you gather a ton of medical bills... well, that's gonna happen if you have insurance or not. Life happens. It's hard, it's sad, but you can't blame everyone for life happening. You pick yourself up and deal with it. And believe me, I know that this can be done because I've done it, and I've watched/helped others to do it. You don't HAVE to wallow in self pitty because you have medical bills that you can't repay. You do your best with what you have and keep going.

Life happens to everyone. It's not always easy, it's not always pretty, and it's certainly not always fun. That's just the way it is. You deal with it the best you can and go on. You don't sit around waiting for someone else to deal with it and complain that someone else has a better life than you. That does nothing for anyone, especially yourself.

Well in response to "what if" how about "maybe". Maybe they are enlisted and must go where they are told. It doesn't stop the fact that they are going to a war drummed up as a over bloated threat to America. Maybe it was a union situation that wanted too much, but maybe it was a non union contruction company that dropped you to hire a illegal for a huge savings in wages.

Some things you can't control, some things you deal with as best you can, but some things are from the actions of others such as over stating and expanding a war, or hurting the country as a whole for a personal gain. Some is because of government, but not all the time.

If shareholders of insurance companies are having great returns, and so is the top in charge, while the everyday person is told life is tough while they receive statements of increased charges when times are tough enough people start to wonder why is the top doing so well when the rest of us are struggling to keep up with their increases.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM

313 posts, read 284,725 times
I can't figure out what they are protesting.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:22 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
I sincerely feel sorry for some of them. They are being used by the Progressives and Communists, (is there really a difference tween the two, now?) in a horrible way. These protesters are needed to take focus off of the horrible job, and con job being done by BO and his cohorts.

Secondly, they are needed to give BO an excuse to push even more radical things on our "once free" nation, as he can say, "See, the people are upset" and that he's going to fix everything for them, but...they are "useful idiots" to him and his.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Could you imagine if anyone on the right said this..........I couldn't see anyone on the right stooping this low. This is what they really think..................Roseanne Barr to Wall Street Bankers -- 'Off with Their Heads!' - Yahoo! News
Barr said, according to Real Clear Politics, that rich people should divest themselves of all of their money over and above $100 million. If they fail to do so, then they should go to re-education camps. If the re-education does not work, then the rich should be sent to the guillotine.
This new regime will be for the benefit of the children, according to Barr, who made the statement to Russia Today television.

Wonder if she's ready to meet the guillotine!!!

I don't even want to hear she's a comedian..........no "Free Pass" she needs to be called out. She says it to a Russian television show, she's betrayed her country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies