Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:16 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

So the Harvard grad president couldn't articulate your hatred enough, you needed an unemployed Chris Farley to represent you and your "struggle"... Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 10:17 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I agree with your anger. But you are angry at the wrong people. I have no problem with banks asking for bail outs. I have no issue with GM for asking for a bail out. I have no issue with lazy bums asking for government money.

My issue is with the people who GIVE these bums money. My issue is with OBAMA and CONGRESS for bailing out the banks and GM and giving Solyndra a half a billion of our tax dollars.

You need to direct your anger toward the decision makers... not the people asking for money.

OBAMA decided to socialize GM's losses. That was not a GM decision.

So those "irresponsible greedy fat cats who choose to gamble with other people's money" are sitting in Washington today and will be asking for your vote soon. It's really that simple. WASHINGTON makes ALL DECISIONS.
Yes, I'm well aware that they're in Washington, that's a big problem. These crooks buy off corrupt lazy government officials to allow for their house of cards to be built. Then instead of seeing the inside of a jail cell they go to Washington and are given charge of "regulating" Wall St. The foxes are guarding the henhouse! And some people see no problem in this, or they only see one side. Some people choose to blame only Wall St, or blame only government, the problem is the unholy alliance between both.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I don't even know how many the total is, but this is a left-wing protest that is attempting to bring down Wall Street and they don't care how many people lose their jobs.

Yes, I realize many are just bored college kids with an entitlement attitude and who never worked a day in their lives.
Ahh, you clearly understand and here is the proof.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/09/op...reet.html?_r=1

Old 10-09-2011, 10:19 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Not thrilled to see others hurting. Just sick of having to bail people out of situations that are result of their own stupid actions.
What do you think the government did for the banks?!?!?!??!

Didn't WE bail them out for their stupid mistakes????

That's OK with you????

Old 10-09-2011, 10:21 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
I support people who are trying to hold their government accountable for abusing the power of their public office and using our taxpayer dollars to play crony capitalist, and running our economy into the ground.

I'm not really sure what these people are protesting, but I'm sure the unions and other special interest groups will decide for them, and go on the talking head's shows and tell us.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:23 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,222 times
Quote:
They aren't all kids. Yes a lot of them are kids with a big entitlement attitude who expect there should be 6-figure jobs for them because they would never dream of doing "lowly work". I would guess maybe 5-10% of that Occupy crowd are over 30 and some have actually even held a job.

They are Obama, Peloisi, Clinton voters. You can tell that just by which groups are behind these protests and by looking at the protestors.
If 5-10% are over 30 (by your own estimation), then the big majority could not vote for Clinton. Even some of the over 30s were not old enough to vote for Clinton. So your claim that they supported Clinton is nonsense. Do you even realize that your posts don't make any sense?

Old 10-09-2011, 10:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The protesters are the classic example of Main Street against Wall Street. Actually, if I was a republican candidate for president, I'd jump on a plane and go down there and take ownership of the movement. It is a spontanious populist uprising by rank and file citizens. The first republican politician who supports them will gain miles of political capital.
Tea Party protestors are Main Street.

These people would boo a conservative while they applaud globalists like Obama and Pelosi and the Clintons who took taxpayer money to bail out Bank of America and other global corporations.

That's why everyone questions the motives of these protestors or if they really know what they're protesting.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:27 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,222 times
Quote:
Tea Party protestors are Main Street.

These people would boo a conservative while they applaud globalists like Obama and Pelosi and the Clintons who took taxpayer money to bail out Bank of America and other global corporations.

That's why everyone questions the motives of these protestors or if they really know what they're protesting.
Proof?

Old 10-09-2011, 10:32 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Those low-life protesters don't even know what they're protesting or who best to protest against. They should go to Washington, DC and protest against the Obozo administration. These people are stupid and should be pepper sprayed and hosed-down with high-pressure water in all the locations they've chosen to protest.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:44 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,989,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Bluto from "Animal House": "10 years of college down the drain.".

It may have been "10 years of College down the drain" but Mr Blutarsky landed on his two feet as he grabed up Mandi and drove off on the road to the future in a new 1963 Oldsmobile convertable where I think he was called Senator Blutarsky of Pennsylvania.

By and large the Delta crew ended up in good standing. Hoover was public defense Attorney in Baltimore. Schoenstein was a struggling writer and drove a cab. Otter was a Gynecologist in Beverley Hill CA, Flounder was a businessman and the founder of "Encounter Groups of Cleveland". Pinto married his love the Mayors Daughter who became a US Attorney. The Stork became seriously rich and lived on his Patent royalties. Contrast this with the fate of the Omegas, Niedereyer was fragged by his own troops in the Nam and the Omega President ended up doing time as a former Nixon White House staffer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies