Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Typical right-wing Catch-22.

Seen the unemployment numbers lately?
Seen the never ending unemployment compensation lately? There are jobs everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
There are literally millions of middle-class (soon to be formerly middle class) Americans waking up and smelling the poo. We are asking you to join us. This isn't an issue that should divide us between red or blue ideologies. This is a CLASS division, and it couldn't be more clear- the top 1% are trying (and succeeding) to make a permanent class of indentured serfs out of the bottom 99%.

Join us!
I'm sorry, but the "top 1%" did NOTHING to anyone to make them "indentured serfs". Those of us with debt (and I include myself in this) did it to ourselves! No one put a gun to our heads to take on debt that we couldn't pay back. Myself, I am working on getting that debt paid off. About every 4-6 months I pay one of my credit cards off. these are cards that weren't more than $750 to begin with that when I got a pay cut I couldn't afford to pay the minimums anymore. Now the cards are over 2k. Now that I have my own business that is growing, slowly, I am working on paying off all my debt. But it's not going to happen over night, it'll will take me years to pay off my credit cards, medical bills, and student loans... but thats MY RESPONSIBILITY, no one elses!

It's not the top 1% who are creating "endentured serfs" or the class warfare. YOU and the other whiney brats on that website are doing it to yourselves and trying to make the rest of us do it too. Sorry, but I take full responsibility for my own decisions and debts. I'm pulling myself out of those problems, and really anyone who wanted to could as well!

If YOU are the 99%, then so am I, and I denounce and condemn your actions!

1,459 posts, read 3,298,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Property taxes, Einstein.....

you are right, I read the first part about how her house is worth $59k more than what she can sell it for and assumed it was capital gains she was talking about. Nonetheless, I don't see how her house being valued $100k less than what she bought it for would be "gouging" her on property taxes.

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
I hope you guys do know that the more you make fun of the the stronger they'll get.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times
Ann Coulter is the sexiest woman on the planet.

Oh, the things I would like to do to her when she's wearing that flimsy little black dress and talking tough.
She might be the only woman I'd even think about leaving my wife for.

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Volunteer to do something that someone else is getting paid to do? all the company will do is layoff the worker and constantly rotate volunteers.....Don't give them any more ideals.
Yes. Volunteer and do such a good job that your are an asset to the company and they don't want to lose you. A friend of mine did that with a sales job and had a big client about to bite. He went to the company and explained that if he was to go forward, he needed to be employed. This was a couple of years ago, and he's still there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You do realize that student loans have to be repaid? If you don't have a job how can you pay for one? Come to think of it, does'nt the government run that way as well? (buy now pay later)
Sure, I understand. I repay mine every month. While you're a student, you don't pay. Student loans can also be deferred during hard times financially. Also, the goal would be that you be more likely to find a job.

If you stop and sit each time you see a hurdle, your left sitting in a park and complaining.

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
That's hard these days for people who are unskilled and who don't have cars. Conservative talk show host Lars Larson says that having a car improves income more than does having a high school diploma.
Well I guess we should provide them with cars too right? Wait that would increase the global warming. Whatever will they do?

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Default Do you support Wall St. protesters?

Do you support the Wall St. protesters?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:17 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,528 times
hell no

Old 10-06-2011, 12:18 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Not sure how to answer this. As long as they're peaceful, respectful, and obey lawful orders from the police they can protest all they want. Do I think a single one of 'em has a clue? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies