Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:41 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post

not enough money to pay for rent, but have enough money to pig out? This guy looks like he weights 400lbs minimum.
Wow, making fun of someone with cancer:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 03:43 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I always wondered about the poor turning into drug addicts.. if you are really poor, you can't afford drugs to become a drug addict.

Now when one can't afford to buy drugs to become a drug addict , that is poor.

No one usually chooses to be addict, it takes over. In many cases a person was once responsible with a future but addiction took it away and they now live a life of addiction. Talk to somebody who is addicted and many times you will hear from them "I once had_____, but now..."

Old 10-06-2011, 03:44 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
When and if both sides join together then the 1% will become very scared and things will have to change in favor of the 99% of Americans....
Oh please.

And let's talk about the 40-some percent who don't pay taxes at all, shall we?

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
And while I'll admit, I'm sure some of the ones that read like satire are unfortunately true; You have to admit - it would not take much to sign up and troll to make them look like you want?
Yes, those stories are all sad, but as Herman Cain and many on this forum tell us, it's ALL THEIR FAULT.

1,459 posts, read 3,298,332 times

now this girl has a head on her. Notice how she isn't whining about what the government is doing or isn't doing and puts focus on society as the problem.

"
I am another disillusioned post-graduate with nothing to show for myself or my family.
I turn on the tv and ask questions.
Why are pro-athletes making millions for playing a sport our songs can’t play because his family can’t afford a glove?
Why am I singing about money and love when my parents can’t afford a divorce?
Why do I watch Jersey Shore starlets spend thousands on alcohol and luxuries when I can’t afford to eat?
Why do I read about what celebrities wore to the Grammy’s when I can’t afford to clothe myself?
Why do I let myself become hypnotized by an entertainment industry that flaunts its wealth to a population it doesn’t represent?
I am the 99% And I condone the behavior of the 1% I’m sorry.
"

Old 10-06-2011, 03:48 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,661 times
Default Right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
Tea Partiers can read? Maybe on a 4th grade level......................
Maybe that now gives you something to aspire to?

Old 10-06-2011, 03:49 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
They got my support.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
There are all kinds of things I could say about Ann Coulter, but because I'm a Christian, I'll hold my tongue. I will say though that she's a hate peddler and that anyone with an ounce of decency will not waste another second reading or listening to her and self righteous diatribes.
Yet left wing loons have gtried to hit her in the face with pies....unplugged the PA system when she was speaking....and this is all you have to say?

Let me kindly suggest to you that by closing yourself off to opposing points of view makes you ignorant. You don't have to agree with her, but she is speaking for a large segment of the population. If you want to make believe that she doesn't exist, then go ahead....but in order for you to catch which way the wind is blowing in your own country, you really should at least listen to all points of view.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:54 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I support the protest against the corrupt greedsters on Wall Street but I also expect them to be as effective as the protesters in my day were in stopping the Vietnam War. Remember Nixon's secret plan for four more years of war. I certainly do.
GregW: my sentiments exactly.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
All of this will HOPEFULLY be cleared up this weekend starting TOMORROW when the END THE FED people join and EDUCATE the OWS people and let them know what the REAL problem is and where they should be directing their energy which is to END THE FEDERAL RESERVE which controls our money supply in a very corrupt fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies