Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:05 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,190,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Chgo, I don't know when you worked for the census, but we were never told to check anyone as anything; we had to ask them what they saw themselves as. They could check any race or combination thereof.

Hispanics are not classified as any race by government. They are classified as Hispanic by ethnicity. They are asked to provide their own racial description. Some say black, some white, some Native, some Asian, some combinations of all the above, some other.

Historically, Hispanics(especially Mexicans) were exclusively white under the government until 1970. I worked for the census in 2010 btw.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 10-04-2011 at 10:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Historically, Hispanics(especially Mexicans) were exclusively white under the government until 1970.
What the government said until 1970 and what is true are two different things altogether. I know about that "white Hispanic" BS because many of my obviously black relatives were classfied as white because they were Cuban.

I worked for the census too in 2010.

All Hispanics I dealt with, and myself as well, filled out ethnic category (Hispanic), country of origin (Cuba in my case) and race (some picked black, some white, some Native, some all three, some Asian, some "other.")

Last edited by Lucario; 10-04-2011 at 10:59 AM..

Old 10-04-2011, 10:13 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTheLine View Post
By the looks of things it looks like whites will be a minority by mid century but will still hold most of the country's wealth, Do you think this will effect race relations?
If whites are the minority of the population, but have a statistically higher percentage of the wealth in America, then the government will take it away from them, and give it to the race or skin color that is in the majority Cuz that's how we roll in America, we are the Land of The Free Ride, and Home of Equal and Distributive Outcome.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:50 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Sorry. I'm not going to just trust you on this one. And do research on what? Here is some research for you.

Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When ONE (just one!) of those nations in Latin America can match the human development of The United States or Western Europe, I will stop my pessimistic outlook on the future of this nation.

I don't want to be pessimistic. My brother is Hispanic. His father is from Bolivia. His complete dumb ass loser of a father (who also adopted me. I finally had a judge re-write my identity a couple of years ago to get rid of that man's name) was NOT a good person to come to this country. I love my brother, and I am so glad he is here, but I seriously sometimes wish I could throw his dad back onto a llama farm in Bolivia. There are too many people just like his dad coming here and causing problems for everyone in this nation. If it continues, we will not function as a 1st world country.
Since I doubt you are willing to expend the time to actually read the many history books that explain how we got to where we have today, try something easier, all you have to do is watch and just Maybe learn a little.
Guns Germs, & Steel: Home

Old 10-04-2011, 10:55 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If whites are the minority of the population, but have a statistically higher percentage of the wealth in America, then the government will take it away from them, and give it to the race or skin color that is in the majority Cuz that's how we roll in America, we are the Land of The Free Ride, and Home of Equal and Distributive Outcome.
Sort of what happened to the natives.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:58 AM

525 posts, read 899,263 times
Oh I'm so scared someone other than white people will have money--- It's about time shoot-

Old 10-04-2011, 11:05 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Sort of what happened to the natives.
You jest of course, because there is no comparison for what our nation did to them.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:04 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
That's what the Kennedy's and the Jews did when they pushed for the 1965 immigration act. We did exactly that by allowing a massive third world flood.

We were 90% White in the 1970s, in a few decades we've radically changed the make-up. And what's the benefit?
That everyone can more easily point out your lunacy....

Old 10-04-2011, 12:37 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You jest of course, because there is no comparison for what our nation did to them.
They will agree. The white men were an abomination on their land.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:44 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,681,743 times
When white people becomes a minority, they should be entitled to the "minority favors" that all the other minority gets... like minority aid for schools, funds for small businesses, aids for jobs, benefits etc....

Can't discriminate... its all about equality.

So they should really receive all what other minority get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies