Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:30 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times

Advertisements

This is already true in California and Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
Maybe we should stop allowing millions to flood in our country and displacing us?
Us? What makes you think all the posters here are white?

Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
She's a white nationalist, and I am amazed that she lives in NYC. Pretty interesting in a really Lisa Ling expose' show kinda way. It would be like a Nation of Islam member or Reverend Wright living in the rural south. lol
Man, so sad, lol.

SarahNYC, I hope you see the light one day. Read a book or something about U.S. history and you will probably be informed that it isn't just white people's country. No offense, but so many bigots would have their outlook changed if they actually tried to learn about what it is that they THINK they understand.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,501,246 times
Quote:
Maybe we should stop allowing millions to flood in our country and displacing us?

White people having nothing to benefit from becoming minorities in their own country and everything to loose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTheLine View Post
By the looks of things it looks like whites will be a minority by mid century but will still hold most of the country's wealth, Do you think this will effect race relations?

Louis CK - Being White - YouTube

Old 10-02-2011, 09:34 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkTheLine View Post
By the looks of things it looks like whites will be a minority by mid century but will still hold most of the country's wealth, Do you think this will effect race relations?
Asians will (and do) have the most affluence per capita.

I'm sure in the future it won't be much of an issue - the rich and poor will rarely mingle, even today they rarely mingle.

So... Will we be like South Africa? No, I don't think so.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:46 PM

114 posts, read 99,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
First of all, to everyone, we really would show our brain power if we could stop talking about race like this for at least a little while.

Second of all, WTF Sarahnyc? You say, "their own country?" Since when was this white people's country? If it is anyone's it is Native Americans, Blacks AND Europeans collectively. People show their real colors in the way they say things. I can't believe someone would describe the U.S. as "white people's country."

And you have the nerves to have "NYC" in your username as you talk about minorities and this being "your country."

Wake up and EDUCATE YOURSELF.

White's are the current majority so it would make since to me to set our immigration policy's to be in the interest of the current majority. Is it in our best interest to make a future where our kids are a minority? i care less about race in more about assimilation. At this rate of Mexican immigration we are not seeing a assimilation into our mixing pot with a added flavor here and there but a total dilution of the pot unlike past groups.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:53 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Man, so sad, lol.

SarahNYC, I hope you see the light one day. Read a book or something about U.S. history and you will probably be informed that it isn't just white people's country. No offense, but so many bigots would have their outlook changed if they actually tried to learn about what it is that they THINK they understand.
Ah, as long as she isn't violent and doesn't advocate violence, I find it interesting. Same goes with Nation of Islam, Farrakhan, Reverend Wright, New Black Panthers, LA Raza, etc. Hate is exhaustive and unfulfilling, but it isn't illegal.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:56 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Asians will (and do) have the most affluence per capita.

I'm sure in the future it won't be much of an issue - the rich and poor will rarely mingle, even today they rarely mingle.

So... Will we be like South Africa? No, I don't think so.

No, there are already a ton of bi-racial families like us. Our modern society is pretty color blind, it's class warfare that is the new racism.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:56 PM

114 posts, read 99,077 times
Quote:
THAT is also what I thought.
White's per capita have a vast majority of wealth so even if they make up only 30% to 40% of the population when you factor in the head-start of inheritance and better education then someone that just crossed the border along with the stability of growing up middle class with parents that can help with school and such it becomes clear.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:00 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:

White people having nothing to benefit from becoming minorities in their own country and everything to loose.
The correct spelling is lose, not loose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies