Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 03:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"Most people"?? How do YOU know?

And, no, YOUR words must be seperated from the QUOTED POSTER'S words.....

... indicate through quotation marks or statements saying the Bolded Part is theirs or there is no way to tell your stuff from the other poster...maybe the mods can help?!
I know from reading other people's answered posts for years. Is that good enough? I can understand when other people reply and I think others can as well. It's just part of posting online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I am saying no such thing and no pro-life person is saying she is "stupid, irresponsible or immoral". Pro-life people are saying women are being exploited and taken advantage of by the big business of abortion which is a huge money maker.
EVERY pro-life person is saying that the woman who seeks an abortion is stupid, irresponsible or immoral. That's the crux of your argument. If someone is taking advantage of someone else, the person being exploited is being stupid. You are saying that these women are too stupid to realize they are being exploited, so you, the pro-life people have to protect them.

They aren't being exploited. They are doing what they have to do. They have reasons for not wanting to be pregnant, for not wanting to have another child. Until you, the pro-life people, start understanding the reasons, start solving the problems, then women, smart, responsible and moral women, are going to continue to choose to have abortions. They won't be happy about it, it's a terrible choice. But they make the choice because the alternative is even worse.

Abortion is not big business. It's not a huge money maker. Dentists make more money that abortion providers.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:05 PM

I would say most teen girls can be exploited. Yes, I am saying that. They do need people around to protect them and it should be the parents until the parents do the exploiting like dragging her to get an abortion without her consent.

If you don't believe abortion is a huge money maker than don't look at the homes the people who work in the industry live in. 2 and 3 homes on top of their main home.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:20 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
I would say most teen girls can be exploited. Yes, I am saying that. They do need people around to protect them and it should be the parents until the parents do the exploiting like dragging her to get an abortion without her consent.

If you don't believe abortion is a huge money maker than don't look at the homes the people who work in the industry live in. 2 and 3 homes on top of their main home.
I'd really like to see proof of both of these assertions.
And specific to #2, I'd really like to see proof that all of this money is derived solely from performing abortions and not from any other OB/GYN services.

Oh, and nice job side-stepping the issue of whether or not WOMEN are being exploited.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:23 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Most say it is a baby from conception. Wars' purpose is to defend against aggression, who will defend the babies in the womb from aggression?
So that's what makes your conscience feel all warm and fuzzy about LIVE real babies being blown apart to make you think you're safe.....pitiful!

Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So that's what makes your conscience feel all warm and fuzzy about LIVE real babies being blown apart to make you think you're safe.....pitiful!
No one said they were in favor of war and people using this ploy are just diverting the discussion on abortion.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I'd really like to see proof of both of these assertions.
And specific to #2, I'd really like to see proof that all of this money is derived solely from performing abortions and not from any other OB/GYN services.

Oh, and nice job side-stepping the issue of whether or not WOMEN are being exploited.

Watch the documentary I posted. You say you want to know but you won't look at it.

I believe women, teens and all females are being exploited. I am not saying they are stupid though. Those are your words.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
It is an interesting coincidence that it aired just before the PBS documentary on Prohibition. That was enacted in response to single issue politics and tried to legislate morality.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:36 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Watch the documentary I posted. You say you want to know but you won't look at it.

I believe women, teens and all females are being exploited. I am not saying they are stupid though. Those are your words.
Show me where I said women are stupid. Just once.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Some on here are saying EVERY PRO-LIFE PERSON. Sorry, I am just following suit and I shouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies