Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 03:42 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Washington (CNN) -- Former Vice President Dick Cheney praised the Obama administration Sunday for using a drone strike to kill American-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, but said President Barack Obama should now reverse past criticism of former President George W. Bush's actions against suspected terrorists.

Cheney: Obama should 'correct' criticism of Bush's anti-terror tactics - CNN.com

I agree with Cheney, Obama should appologize to Bush and Bush government.

I assume the Nobel Peace committee will think back about their decision to give Obama the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama should never received it, but I still believe Obama did the right thing by killing this MF who should have been stripped of his citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 05:45 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Yeah, obama the hypocrite needs to apologize for his criticism of Bush. If assassination of a US citizen (2, actually) is A-okay, then waterboarding and enhanced interrogation techniques must be fine.

Cheney: Obama Needs To Apologize | RealClearPolitics

Quote:
But "I'm waiting for the administration to go back and correct something they said two years ago when they criticized us for 'overreacting' to the events of 9/11."

Obama "in effect said that we had walked away from (America's) ideals," Cheney argued. "I think he did tremendous damage. I think he slandered the nation and I think he owes an apology to the American people."
Indeed he does.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Obama has been no better than Bush when it comes to civil liberties, and I'm beginning to think he might even be worse.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:16 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
I think Cheney, Obama, and Bush should be the ones apologizing...

Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I think Cheney, Obama, and Bush should be the ones apologizing...
Bush & Cheney went after the people/group/terorists that attacked us on 9/11.

Obama did the same but critized and even went as far as ordering Bush advisors/lawyers to be investigated and wants them to be charged for water boarding while Obama himself approved the killing of US citizens...not that I disagree with the killing of the so called US citizen, but at least Obama should openly admit that he had no clue before he came in office what he said or voted against when he voted against defunding the war.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:14 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
I think it was torture that Obama was criticizing.

Does Cheney think George Washington owes him an apology also?

“Should any American soldier be so base and infamous as to injure any [prisoner]. . . I do most earnestly enjoin you to bring him to such severe and exemplary punishment as the enormity of the crime may require. Should it extend to death itself, it will not be disproportional to its guilt at such a time and in such a cause… for by such conduct they bring shame, disgrace and ruin to themselves and their country.” - George Washington, charge to the Northern Expeditionary Force, Sept. 14, 1775
George Washington: No Torture on My Watch « Antiwar.com Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies