Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I have accessed BOA online several times over the weekend with no problems. You just need to READ..!
When it opens, you get a message thay are operating slow. It then asks if you want to try later or proceed to your accounr. I click go to my account and it opens right up.. Read the instructions, people...!
I am not going to leave BOA. They are by far the best bank, and all other banks will also start charging monthly fees, some as high as $15 a month, so leaving them just causes oroblems for you.
I love em, not going anywhere, and will not recieve any monthly fees because I have money in the bank..!! If you only have accounts that don't make them money, you will be charged.
How much did bofa pay you to write this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 01:45 PM

121 posts, read 132,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force View Post
Annonymous?

Old 10-03-2011, 01:47 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I have accessed BOA online several times over the weekend with no problems. You just need to READ..!
When it opens, you get a message thay are operating slow. It then asks if you want to try later or proceed to your accounr. I click go to my account and it opens right up.. Read the instructions, people...!
I am not going to leave BOA. They are by far the best bank, and all other banks will also start charging monthly fees, some as high as $15 a month, so leaving them just causes oroblems for you.
I love em, not going anywhere, and will not recieve any monthly fees because I have money in the bank..!! If you only have accounts that don't make them money, you will be charged.
That is like saying your Job as an American Citiizen is To make Big Banks money and profits andif you don't make them enough $$$ or they mismange your investments.. they can charge you the diffrence...

Old 10-03-2011, 01:54 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
I just tried to access my acct. and it's down right now. I cancelled my checking last year and will soon cancel my credit card account.

These greedy banks have the politicians bailing them out so they can pass on the cost to the working class, I don't think so. Count me out.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:54 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
How much did bofa pay you to write this?
It doesn't have to. They need just enough suckers and there are plenty of them out there.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:58 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
I just tried to access my acct. and it's down right now. I cancelled my checking last year and will soon cancel my credit card account.
I used to have a BOA credit card that I cancelled after realizing that they were charging currency exchange fee when traveling internationally, that my other card didn't.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:04 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
I can access my BoA account.

We are leaving them over this "charging for using debit" bull, though.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:07 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Had a Mortgage with them, and I refi's through USAA...last Firday.

Did not like what I was hearing....

Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
I can access my BoA account.

We are leaving them over this "charging for using debit" bull, though.
have fun . all the major banks do this (yes they do) in one way or another.

Use a credit card? It costs you more in fees to use a CC than it will be for the $60 you spend a year to have the convenience of using a Debit card.

Only Credit Unions are left, and they aren't doing as good or better than the major banks.

Access just fine today. The mobile app worked all weekend (no downtime I experience)

Old 10-03-2011, 02:22 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Does anybody think it's a coincidence that the bofa website and online banking has been down/slow ever since they announced the $5 debt card charge?

I'm sure there are a flood of people closing their account now, and I'm about to be one of them after today. The free market truly at work.
Bank of America notified me by USPS that they would be doing major maintenance on the website and it would be unavailable for the first few days of October.

I just went to their website and was able to log in to both my credit card and mortgage accounts. Guess their work is finished....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies