Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:32 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Okay, Excellent point...and I TOTALLY AGREE with you!!

I saw a few minutes of the 'View' yesterday, before the big 'blow-up' happened...and I went down the line thinking about each one of the 'hens' ...and realized that ALL OF THEM ARE literally 'Birds of the same feather.''

3 or 4 years ago, I thought Elizabeth was a stand-up conservative, with some honest character in her. NO MORE! - She has acquiesced (complied with) along with the rest of the disgusting panel. They presume they are the 'policy' makers for us more ignorant pawns...who need their help to comprehend the important issues in America. - All these woman, and that show, are a destructive influence on everyone who listens to them!!
I agree with you...it is all about the "know what's best for everyone" attitude now...That's why Oprah has always seemed like a disgusting person to me...where's the background for her opinions?

I just stick to documentaries,educational and history shows anymore for the most part....a TV is just more silent furniture in my house otherwise.
To much potatoes and zero meat anymore in the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:41 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Makes one wonder why she would call someone else that, when she herself finds it offensive. I think being on TV, makes these people think they have an opinion that matters to the rest of us.
THAT, and 'they' know they have a 'platform' of millions who feed off their garbage ideas.

Most of all, I believe...no doubt, they have an Agenda. It's to 'brainwash' you! >> AMERICA

Old 10-04-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I agree with you...it is all about the "know what's best for everyone" attitude now...That's why Oprah has always seemed like a disgusting person to me...where's the background for her opinions?

I just stick to documentaries,educational and history shows anymore for the most part....a TV is just more silent furniture in my house otherwise.
To much potatoes and zero meat anymore in the media.
Oh WOW! Now you've opened the 'can of worms!' - Babs has said, Oprah has set the pace...the 'tone' for that type Womens 'view' program. - Oprah is the 'GodMother' of ALL these 'gossip' shows.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:48 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
You guys it is just tv... "conflict" brings viewers i suppose...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
It is one word folks and should have the same meaning no matter who says it. Not no freaking right way for the blacks, and when whites say it wrong. Come on, it means the same thing. This crap with how words are interpeted has got to stop. It is nonesense.

And why is it acceptable for blacks to say the N word, and no one else, do they have a Patent on the N word!

Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Oh WOW! Now you've opened the 'can of worms!' - Babs has said, Oprah has set the pace...the 'tone' for that type Womens 'view' program. - Oprah is the 'GodMother' of ALL these 'gossip' shows.
I'll expect Stedman to show up to fight for her honor now....LORD,I hope my dogs don't get him again,I haven't finish paying off the last lawsuit yet.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:04 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
A stupid show for old ladies to watch before trotting down to the grocery store to buy the most recent copy of the national enquirer.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
It is one word folks and should have the same meaning no matter who says it. Not no freaking right way for the blacks, and when whites say it wrong. Come on, it means the same thing. This crap with how words are interpeted has got to stop. It is nonesense.

And why is it acceptable for blacks to say the N word, and no one else, do they have a Patent on the N word!

The ultimate Hypocrisy, isn't it. And 'racist' blacks will continue to use the controversy regarding the word like a baseball bat, to manipulate Whites, if they keep being weak, and taking it.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:22 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah, well, that makes it OK.

Muhammad Ali called Babs out about 30 years ago for doing the exact same thing. He told her she said the word too well for her to be claiming that she didn't use it.
What? She says the word to well?? What the hell kind of stupidity is that. Good God.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:27 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Every time this subject arises I find myself wondering just why it is that some white folks are so angry that they can't use this word? Why are they so jealous of the freedom of blacks to use a particular word that is not acceptable for their use? Just what is it that you think you are missing out on? I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone growing up in the U.S. would not know the history of this word and its usage and be able to understand why, coming from a white person, it would hold an entire different feeling and meaning than it would coming from a black person. So just why is it you are so anxious to be able to use it? Could it be because you DO understand it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies