Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 12:31 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
What? She says the word to well?? What the hell kind of stupidity is that. Good God.
What's funny is some act like they never call the White people any names like "cracker" or "honky". Wonder how well those words roll off of Ali's tongue. You think Whoopi ever used these words against a white person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Every time this subject arises I find myself wondering just why it is that some white folks are so angry that they can't use this word? Why are they so jealous of the freedom of blacks to use a particular word that is not acceptable for their use? Just what is it that you think you are missing out on? I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone growing up in the U.S. would not know the history of this word and its usage and be able to understand why, coming from a white person, it would hold an entire different feeling and meaning than it would coming from a black person. So just why is it you are so anxious to be able to use it? Could it be because you DO understand it?

This attitude is what REALLY makes me ANGRY! >>FREEDOM OF SPEECH<< pal!! - Do you understand that concept?

That cuts both ways...or America is not a level playing field.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:38 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
This attitude is what REALLY makes me ANGRY! >>FREEDOM OF SPEECH<< pal!! - Do you understand that concept?

That cuts both ways...or America is not a level playing field.
The thing you fear most in the world IS America becoming a level playing field. And, and intelligent, civilized person knows that just because you CAN say something doesn't mean you SHOULD say it.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
The thing you fear most in the world IS America becoming a level playing field. And, and intelligent, civilized person knows that just because you CAN say something doesn't mean you SHOULD say it.
Maybe you should write the "View" and let Whoopi and Shepherd in on your knowledge. They are the ones that keep the word in the spotlight. I live in a somewhat white state and I never hear the word, not even in describing people. Seems this is just another feel sorry for me "card" being played.

Herman Cain was wrong to even bring it up, he almost had my support. Now it's just dividing the whites and blacks more.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Then neither SHOULD another race either, genius!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Maybe you should write the "View" and let Whoopi and Shepherd in on your knowledge. They are the ones that keep the word in the spotlight. I live in a somewhat white state and I never hear the word, not even in describing people. Seems this is just another feel sorry for me "card" being played.

Herman Cain was wrong to even bring it up, he almost had my support. Now it's just dividing the whites and blacks more.

Beautiful, compelling accurate comments, 3~Shepherds

My exact feelings, totally!! I was leaning toward Cain...then, in the most ignorant move he could make, he plays the 'race card'...and turned off millions of people who had just started considering him as POTUSA. = NO MORE! >>Cain completely 'Blew it.''

Now, he is 'toast'...just like Rick Perry. - Damage Done.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
''This double-standard is getting old. Either the word is wrong and offensive or it's not. It shouldn't matter what the color of the person who says it is.''

Exactly!! Of course, not all Blacks do....but some like 'racist' Shepperd want to use the 'N' word themselves, yet hold the word as a vicious lever over the 'heads' of Whites....forbiding them the right to use the word. - Double Standard ...and this will continue to harm relations between the races.
I would bet she has never complained about any rappper using it in their songs. Or any black comedian using it. Double standard maybe?

Old 10-04-2011, 01:40 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Every time this subject arises I find myself wondering just why it is that some white folks are so angry that they can't use this word? Why are they so jealous of the freedom of blacks to use a particular word that is not acceptable for their use? Just what is it that you think you are missing out on? I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone growing up in the U.S. would not know the history of this word and its usage and be able to understand why, coming from a white person, it would hold an entire different feeling and meaning than it would coming from a black person. So just why is it you are so anxious to be able to use it? Could it be because you DO understand it?
The "N" word controversy is just another manifestation of the boring, perpetual and entitled attitudes exhibited by most American blacks. Everyone else is tired of your constant whining and self-perceived victimhood.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:42 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,028,585 times
Quote:
So tell that to rappers and black comedians, why don't you.

EDIT: I just noticed a post two above mine alluding to the same. Interesting. But not unexpected.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
So tell that to rappers and black comedians, why don't you.

EDIT: I just noticed a post two above mine alluding to the same. Interesting. But not unexpected.
Yeah, Sherri Shepherd and some here...think they deserve a 'pass' to say and do...things the rest of us 'can't.' Well ..think AGAIN!! WRONG!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies