Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
In all seriousness here, I did not receive any such warning from my AV and my system is pretty bullet proof. What happened when you clicked on the link? As an aside, I work in IT and might be able to help - this is meant as a genuine offer of help.
Well, this is off-topic......
I have Kaspersky Pure, as I have had a couple of really nasty viruses (that I got from links here, believe it or not) on CD, as soon as I clicked on the link, Kaspersky detected a threat and shut down the link.
I ran a scan, and the link was identified as having a trojan attached to it.
I am in no way a tech head, but Kaspersky was recommended to to me by an IT friend of many years, and it has always worked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 08:08 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Well, this is off-topic......
I have Kaspersky Pure, as I have had a couple of really nasty viruses (that I got from links here, believe it or not) on CD, as soon as I clicked on the link, Kaspersky detected a threat and shut down the link.
I ran a scan, and the link was identified as having a trojan attached to it.
I am in no way a tech head, but Kaspersky was recommended to to me by an IT friend of many years, and it has always worked.
Yes, off topic for one more second. It's always advisable to do exactly what your s/w tells you to do. Each AV uses different algorithms to detect something that looks like a trojan or suspicious network threat as they have become more sophisticated over time. This is a function of the s/w and for some reason, yours looks at this link as suspicious. I would never advise to ignore this unless you knew 100% that it was a safe link. Obviously, this is a link from another site and therefore you couldn't have 100% certainty based on that alone.

To sum up that document, there's a lot of paperwork/invoice type of documents on it that you would see from a flight and on page 14, it lists the manifest. Under the heading "Senior Staff", the daughters and other people are listed. I would be happy to type in the list of people listed on the manifest if you need.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes, off topic for one more second. It's always advisable to do exactly what your s/w tells you to do. Each AV uses different algorithms to detect something that looks like a trojan or suspicious network threat as they have become more sophisticated over time. This is a function of the s/w and for some reason, yours looks at this link as suspicious. I would never advise to ignore this unless you knew 100% that it was a safe link. Obviously, this is a link from another site and therefore you couldn't have 100% certainty based on that alone.

To sum up that document, there's a lot of paperwork/invoice type of documents on it that you would see from a flight and on page 14, it lists the manifest. Under the heading "Senior Staff", the daughters and other people are listed. I would be happy to type in the list of people listed on the manifest if you need.
Really appreciate your advice, I have always trusted Kaspersky and think its well worth the $.
Back to topic, I also appreciate your offer to type the list, but its really not necessary.
Thank you for having the class to pause and help another poster, I admire that.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
If you paid the income taxes that my spouse and I pay to Washington every single year, you WOULD think it was a big deal. We worked incredibly hard for that money, and Washington can't waste it fast enough.
Apparently you have a rather large taxable income!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
It is not about "the traveling" but good try. Not working.

Bush was never caught dragging her kids along but charging for them by claiming they were "senior advisors" staff or anything else. ahem....
You know this how? He took a whole gang over to Bejing for the Olympics!

State of the Division: Bush's Bush Entourage to Beijing

The President, Mrs. Laura Bush, and Miss Barbara Bush will attend the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games in Beijing, People’s Republic of China, on August 8, 2008. Official members of the Presidential Delegation include:

The Honorable George H.W. Bush, former President of the United States
The Honorable and Mrs. Clark T. Randt, Jr., United States Ambassador to the People's Republic of China
Mr. and Mrs. Marvin and Margaret Bush
Mrs. Doro Bush Koch
Mr. and Mrs. Roland and Lois Betts-fraternity brother, friend and fundraiser
Mr. Brad Freeman-loyal friend and fundraiser

Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

The President, Mrs. Laura Bush, and Miss Barbara Bush will attend the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games in Beijing, People’s Republic of China, on August 8, 2008. Official members of the Presidential Delegation include:

The Honorable and Mrs. Clark T. Randt, Jr., United States Ambassador to the People's Republic of China
Mrs. Doro Bush Koch
If Bush listed those people as 'staff', that would be also be a misuse of taxpayer dollars. Did someone get the manifest on this trip so we can see? At the end of the day, I just hate this assumption that it's okay to waste and misuse our taxpayer dollars as if that is the Washington way and thus okay to do. It's wrong, no matter if a D or R is behind the name to use our taxpayer dollars as a personal vacation allowance.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:

Mrs. Doro Bush Koch
But were they listed as "staff" on the flight paperwork or guests that he paid for himself ?
You're not even doing a fair comparison here.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But were they listed as "staff" on the flight paperwork or guests that he paid for himself ?
You're not even doing a fair comparison here.
I guess no one filed an FOIA request for that trip. If these people were his guests, you can bet your boots they did not pay their own way. What's "unfair" about my comparison? I thought you "R"s didn't like that word, anyway!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I guess no one filed an FOIA request for that trip. If these people were his guests, you can bet your boots they did not pay their own way. What's "unfair" about my comparison? I thought you "R"s didn't like that word, anyway!
What's unfair ? If you cannot show they were all listed as staffers as the Obama kids were then what comparison are you trying to make ?
Your post of names is coming across as "well Bush did it so can Obama".

Old 10-04-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What's unfair ? If you cannot show they were all listed as staffers as the Obama kids were then what comparison are you trying to make ?
Your post of names is coming across as "well Bush did it so can Obama".
Oh, boo hoo! I'm not going to file an FOIA on this, as I really don't care. But you can bloviate all you want about how Daddy Bush, Bush's sister, brother and sister-in-law, and a couple of friends all paid their own ways to China, but I highly doubt it.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Oh, boo hoo! I'm not going to file an FOIA on this, as I really don't care. But you can bloviate all you want about how Daddy Bush, Bush's sister, brother and sister-in-law, and a couple of friends all paid their own ways to China, but I highly doubt it.
Yeah but you can't prove it.
There's paperwork showing Obama's kids are "senior staff".

If you really didn't care you wouldn't have bothered looking up that list of Bush relatives..but you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies