Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:37 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah but you can't prove it.
There's paperwork showing Obama's kids are "senior staff".

If you really didn't care you wouldn't have bothered looking up that list of Bush relatives..but you did.

again who gives a flying *(*&*(& of what the children were listed as. Seeing as they are children, they could have been listed as God and Goddess for all that any sane people care.

did you at age 10 pay for your own airfare? nope.

did the first lady Bush pay for her own airfare or was it paid by the govt for being the wife of the POTUS.

Staff,. chld whatevers. it doesn't matter

There are better things to worry about than to nitpick a President who's family is doing what every other president and their families before them did (and it was fine for the, but because Obama's in the white house, that does'nt make it fine). Travel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
That is what you get when you President and family represent the country as Head of State. She is "The first Lady" so why don't you just get used to it.

In Canada we don't have a political Head of state but an appointed Governor General who represents the Crown as our head of state. We get the same lame brain complaints about the GG spending money bla bla bla.
If you want your country to look like a two bit miserable penny pinching cheapskate? Go ahead and make my day.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:08 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Did they buy their luggage at Target?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Who is Meeeechelle? Never heard of her.

Michelle Obama however is traveling, as did the first lady before her did so to other countries on her own, bringing along her own twin daughters for the ride.

Why it was acceptable under Bush (who to date is the POTUS who took the most vacations) but not acceptable for the First Lady to perform her duties as the First Lady?
I actually prefer the ones that call them by the wrong names/badly worded to be humorous. I hit that word and Bam! skip their post and go to the next one.

They're trying to be funny. I think it's just stupid. They can't make a vaid argument, so they start name calling. Like a little kid. Why waste time reading some little kid name calling crummy post. Heh.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I actually prefer the ones that call them by the wrong names/badly worded to be humorous. I hit that word and Bam! skip their post and go to the next one.

They're trying to be funny. I think it's just stupid. They can't make a vaid argument, so they start name calling. Like a little kid. Why waste time reading some little kid name calling crummy post. Heh.
I'm pretty sure some of the posters ARE little kids. At least compared to me People who think themselves clever by using the same "joke" every time they post don't have much going on upstairs.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:37 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Well the same lame excuses as always.
Its always been that way.
Bush did it too...
Well the problem is that our elected reps keep telling we the people that we need to learn to do with less. We the people need to make sacrifices.
Well I agree with them. But I also feel that they the people who work for we the people need learn to act like money and costs matter. 432,000 dollars seems a little steep. What did the nation get out of this visit?
I don't care how the children were listed unless of course they were paid for their function on the trip.
If they can justify the costs then fine no problem. I work for a fortune 500 corp. When I travel I need to justify my expenses. If I run up a $5000.00 hotel tab and $3000.00 food tab I better be able to explain why.
Is it so much to ask that our elected reps need to do the same?
Why is it wrong to question our elected reps spending habits that we the people must pay for?
This isnt just about Mrs. Obama its about all of them.

Last edited by tinman01; 10-05-2011 at 05:53 AM..

Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
again who gives a flying *(*&*(& of what the children were listed as. Seeing as they are children, they could have been listed as God and Goddess for all that any sane people care.

did you at age 10 pay for your own airfare? nope.

did the first lady Bush pay for her own airfare or was it paid by the govt for being the wife of the POTUS.

Staff,. chld whatevers. it doesn't matter

There are better things to worry about than to nitpick a President who's family is doing what every other president and their families before them did (and it was fine for the, but because Obama's in the white house, that does'nt make it fine). Travel.
No The kids cant pay their own airfare but their parents sure can. NOT me

Post like yours is part of the reason we are so deeply in debt.

I think worrying about the debt is pretty important and ways that they can cut down on their spending

Old 10-05-2011, 07:46 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
A little recession isn't going to stop Michelle Antoinette from enjoying her lavish vacations.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:09 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Default The cost of Michelle's trip to Africa

Michelle Obama's Africa Trip Cost More Than $424,142 - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

There was some discussion on CD about the cost.

Now we know.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:15 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Listing her kids as "senior staff" is tax fraud and should be an impeachable offense. Barry should be billed for their cost plus interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies