Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter what they say. It matters what folks think they said. Two years ago is a long time to expect any liberal to remember back to. Just look at all Obama's campaign lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 03:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Liberals are the stupidest people on the face of the planet.
This is a prime example as to
A) Democrats whine about a problem, thats not a problem
B) Write governmental legislation to fix what isnt a problem
C) Then whine about the outcome, which EVERYONE said would be the outcome of that governmental legislation
D) Just so they can whine that government writes new legislation to fix that problem again.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Why are liberals defending WalMart? That's who is behind the new law put thru by Durbin. Walmart just wanted to shift costs they were paying onto the banks, who will now shift them onto their customers, primarily the poor who do not have access to credit cards, which are exempt from the new law. WalMart hired a former Durbin staffer to work as a lobbyist for them, and that's how they got this thing passed.

So why are liberals now defending and supporting WalMart?

Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The GOP wholehartedly OPPOSED this bill when it was passed 2 years ago. You dont remember all of thsoe threads where we GOP members were saying this would lead to banks charging fees, while you Democratic fools all ran around high 5ng the Democratics for passing the very legislation that is now being whined over?
So the wild wild west on Wall Street continues and retaliation is acceptable. How long do you think it would have been before they found another way to fleece the public even if there was no bill. What a crock. I have two BOA credit cards, one I have never used and the other carries no balance. I am cancelling both and I will be joining a credit union and continue to keep my checking account at a small local bank. BOA can charge usury fees until they propel themselves into oblivion...they have made way too much money already and the party should have been over long ago.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:54 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So the wild wild west on Wall Street continues and retaliation is acceptable. How long do you think it would have been before they found another way to fleece the public even if there was no bill. What a crock. I have two BOA credit cards, one I have never used and the other carries no balance. I am cancelling both and I will be joining a credit union and continue to keep my checking account at a small local bank. BOA can charge usury fees until they propel themselves into oblivion...they have made way too much money already and the party should have been over long ago.
Use your brain man. You think the head of Bank of America just woke up one day and realized "hey, we're greedy! let's charge more!"

It doesn't work like that. Your analysis is simplistic and wrong.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
So the wild wild west on Wall Street continues and retaliation is acceptable. How long do you think it would have been before they found another way to fleece the public even if there was no bill.
Waaa, waaa.. You dont like to deal with a Wall Street banker, dont. I'm so sick and tired of hearing liberal crybabies who make a CHOICE, and then act like you dont have that option.
Quote:
I have two BOA credit cards, one I have never used and the other carries no balance. I am cancelling both and I will be joining a credit union and continue to keep my checking account at a small local bank. BOA can charge usury fees until they propel themselves into oblivion...they have made way too much money already and the party should have been over long ago.
And let me ask you a question, did you manage to close your cards all by yourself, or did you need to watch the video to be told by members of the Democratic Party that you should do this? My guess, by reading enough of your postings, it was the latter.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post

Excellent floor speech by Dick Durbin. Why do you guys defend this?
Are you saying President Obama hasn't done this?? As far as I know Conservatives and the Tea Party are against this. Our President even continues to help Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,561 times
Quote:
By the way, you can thank capitalism for creating the competition that gave you that choice, not government.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:22 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
Jeez people. Pretty much every post has been along the lines of "just like Obama and the Dems" or something. Not that I disagree that plenty of Democrats are puppets of the banksters but answer the question.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:24 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Liberals are the stupidest people on the face of the planet.
Lol......Really? What's next? Pushing me off my tricycle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies