Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:22 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The big banks can charge whatever they feel like. Their customers will moan and groan yet stay with them.

I've been gone from doing business with big banks for over 10 years now.
No fees, free checking, Visa and ATM card.
Credit Unions all the way.
Do I think BoA is a predatory bank that's full of crony capitalists and do I hate them? Yes to both questions. While I think they should have been left to die and not bailed out, I simply left them. As a liberal I do think that the government can be used as an instrument of justice and regulation, if the government won't move fast enough it's up to We the People to move. Let's all drop BoA like a rock and hits them where it hurts because our Wall St policemen have fallen asleep behind the wheel.

The problem with too many liberals is that they're still buying into the idea that the mainstream Democratic party still gives a **** about the "99%" and really wants to go after Wall St bankster thugs. They don't, why would they bite the hand that feeds them? Look at Obama, his Cabinet reads like a Wall St Hall of Shame, and his donors from 2008 reads like a Stock Exchange. Wake up people, Obama's not looking out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 06:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
And that has absolutely nothing to do with raising debit card fees on all banks.

That's a good one.

Dogmatic? You mean sound reasoning based on the fundamentals of economics and business? Is that more dogmatic than a ridiculous belief that the government can push some magic button, lower debit card fees, and business will just eat the costs when they have absolutely no reason to?

Unimaginative? That's even better. The last thing I want is people like you who are not even constrained to reality making policy decisions.
Attempting to communicate with you is a waste of time. I really don't know if you are seriously that dense or just being purposely obnoxious. I gave you an analogy so simple that a five year of would have understood. If in fact, you are really that slow on the uptake, my sincere condolences.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:05 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Attempting to communicate with you is a waste of time. I really don't know if you are seriously that dense or just being purposely obnoxious.
I'll take the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I gave you an analogy so simple that a five year of would have understood. If in fact, you are really that slow on the uptake, my sincere condolences.
I understood your analogy genius, it's just that your little ramble about predatory capitalism was completely irrelevant to what I said. I was simply pointing out that it was the market that gave you those choices, not government. Am I wrong? Your example of switching banks was a perfect example of the component of capitalism that prevents companies like BoA from charging insane fees just because they "feel like it."

I'm not denying the flaws of capitalism, but a $5 debit card fee does not equal predatory capitalism. That is ridiculous.

By the way, calling someone else stupid doesn't make you look any smarter.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:45 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This is a prime example as to
A) Democrats whine about a problem, thats not a problem
B) Write governmental legislation to fix what isnt a problem
C) Then whine about the outcome, which EVERYONE said would be the outcome of that governmental legislation
D) Just so they can whine that government writes new legislation to fix that problem again.
Circular reasoning to prove a moot point-

Nonsense: Red Herrings, Straw Men, Sacred Cows: How We Abuse Logic in Our Everyday Language (Amazon.com: Nonsense: Red Herrings, Straw Men and Sacred Cows: How We Abuse Logic in Our Everyday Language (9780975366264): Robert J. Gula: Books).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies