Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I don't care about NATO, I do care about our American troops.
do you care about the gay ones too? and what is it about us gay people that you find so threatening? so being born with a differnet orientation makes me a danger somehow? can you so covert bgotry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well, let's see. Science has shown that homophobic men are more likely to be gay. The Marines is the most homophobic of the military branches.

Seems like a logical deduction.
Science has also shown that homosexuality is a mental disorder, why do you believe some science but not other science?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Science has also shown that homosexuality is a mental disorder, why do you believe some science but not other science?
sciencie has NEVER shown that. as a matter of fact when science was applied it showed that it was NOT a mental disorder.

I'm gay and i'm not mentally ill. so there you go.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:36 AM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Gays aren't just flagrantly announcing their gayness and trying to rape people because DADT was repealed. Get a grip. I've been in for 7 years and have served with multiple gay people.
Been in what? I think they should not serve in seperate barracks. I think they should serve in seperate brigades. Here comes the gay brigade, oh look the color guard is carried by the transgenders!

Old 10-06-2011, 12:44 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The way it has always been in the past, when unit commnader has 12 new soldiers checking into the barracks of his unit, he separates the men from the women.

With gays serving openly, and the same unit commander has 12 people checking in, he may end up with:

2 straight men
2 straight women
2 gay men
2 bisexual men
2 lesbians women
2 bisexual women

If the commander has three man rooms, who is he supposed to assign to which room, and not expect any problems?
Straights with straights, bis with bis, gay men with lesbians.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Been in what? I think they should not serve in seperate barracks. I think they should serve in seperate brigades. Here comes the gay brigade, oh look the color guard is carried by the transgenders!
Um, i think we should be able to serve with everyone else, and i don't appreciate the bigotry. thank you. very offensive.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
Um, i think we should be able to serve with everyone else, and i don't appreciate the bigotry. thank you. very offensive.
I think you should be separated from normal servicemembers in quarters. It's not bigotry to not want to sleep next to and shower with homosexuals.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:58 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I think you should be separated from normal servicemembers in quarters. It's not bigotry to not want to sleep next to and shower with homosexuals.
And 'blacks'. It's not bigotry to not want to drink next to a 'negro' or 'colored'.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
i am normal and i would want to be a part of everything along with everyone else. Why would i be segregated? why would that make you feel uncomfortable?

Old 10-06-2011, 01:10 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
I think this thread should be revived on Veteran's Day. That's in November, not too far away.
And how nice that gay veterans will now be able to socialize openly with gay soldiers who are still in the military. I think the repeal of DADT is up there with health care legislation as Obama's greatest achievements. Haters be damned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies