Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:07 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,297,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
At 25% to 50% Unemployment?... Good Luck...

no not looking at all is better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 11:09 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,044,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
no not looking at all is better?
Who's not looking?... or gave up looking is more like it...

Old 10-05-2011, 11:37 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,191,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
We all know though that people like Warren Buffet and corporations like GE pay no taxes.
Apparently you don't know ****, which is fine except you are preaching about what you think you know. Warren Buffet plays plenty of taxes. Don't confuse arguments being made about his overall tax rate or tax burden with him not paying any taxes.

From http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/mon...cle1996735.ece
"Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year"

You bring the phrase "pay no taxes" into a whole new realm.

Quote:
That is why you need someone with a clue, like Alex Jones, to point out what is REALLY going on.
Actually Alex Jones needs you more, rebels without a clue who will bit at any conspiracy theory and raise their fist in protest from the comfort of their own keyboard. He needs people like you to stay relevant and to make money, laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,248,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
I am not convinced that Occupy Wall Street is influenced by Soros or Adbusters in any way, nor do I see much support for Obama there.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear.

I watched some of his videos yesterday. Alex Jones is a complete idiot who doesn't know anything about Wall Street.

If you want to know what is going on, go listen to Paul McCulley or David Rosenberg or Gary Shilling or Barry Ritholtz... somebody with a clue.
Yeah, Clete, watch nothing but liberals so you can keep your thoughts in control. I don't watch Jones, either, but I do think I can handle him more than the ones you suggest.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:17 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yeah, Clete, watch nothing but liberals so you can keep your thoughts in control. I don't watch Jones, either, but I do think I can handle him more than the ones you suggest.
What makes these people liberals?

just because someone is talking about things you don't understand doesn't necessarily make them a liberal, roy.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,910,955 times
Quote:
.........If you want to know what is going on, go listen to Paul McCulley or David Rosenberg or Gary Shilling or Barry Ritholtz... somebody with a clue.
I don't care who you are, that is just funny.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I don't care who you are, that is just funny.
if you laugh when you read or listen to David Rosenberg, I'm not sure what to tell you. The dude has a rather dry sense of humor.. same with Shilling.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:28 PM

15,046 posts, read 8,618,044 times
Quote:
I am not convinced that Occupy Wall Street is influenced by Soros or Adbusters in any way, nor do I see much support for Obama there.

You shouldn't believe everything you hear.

I watched some of his videos yesterday. Alex Jones is a complete idiot who doesn't know anything about Wall Street.

If you want to know what is going on, go listen to Paul McCulley or David Rosenberg or Gary Shilling or Barry Ritholtz... somebody with a clue.
Oh yeah baby ... Shill-ing ... he's got a clue

From Gary Shilling: How To Invest In The Age Of De-Leveraging Page 2 of 2 - Forbes.com

"In contrast, I offer 10 investment sectors worth favoring, a group that includes Treasury bonds. Long-time Forbes readers recall my statement, "We're entering the bond rally of a lifetime," in the early 1980s when the 30-year Treasury yielded 15.25%. That rally is still intact as 30-year yields head for 3% and 10-year yields for 2% amidst slow economic growth, deflation and Treasurys' global appeal as safe havens. I also like securities with high, reliable and growing cash return--think dividend stocks."

Treasury Bonds? And Treasury's global appeal as safe havens? Deflation?

This guy is either flat out of his mind -c r a z y- or his name matches what he is doing ... Shill -- ing for Wall Street and the FED.

Treasury securities have about as much "global appeal" as the bubonic plague today, which is why the Gangsters at the FED have been monetizing the debt. And deflation? Fat chance .... try hyperinflation, or stagflation .... deflation will only occur with specific items that are discretionary, as these purchases will be avoided in order to pay for the inflating prices on necessities .... Food, Energy, and basic must have items will continue to rise because of the devaluation of the currency.

And this is one reason why the inflation calculation omits food and energy in it's figures. Figures.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:31 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
how about they Occupy a computer and look for jobs instead of whining about it?
You should make a sign and go down there. Maybe your 1% opinion will sway them.....

Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Oh yeah baby ... Shill-ing ... he's got a clue

From Gary Shilling: How To Invest In The Age Of De-Leveraging Page 2 of 2 - Forbes.com

"In contrast, I offer 10 investment sectors worth favoring, a group that includes Treasury bonds. Long-time Forbes readers recall my statement, "We're entering the bond rally of a lifetime," in the early 1980s when the 30-year Treasury yielded 15.25%. That rally is still intact as 30-year yields head for 3% and 10-year yields for 2% amidst slow economic growth, deflation and Treasurys' global appeal as safe havens. I also like securities with high, reliable and growing cash return--think dividend stocks."

Treasury Bonds? And Treasury's global appeal as safe havens? Deflation?

This guy is either flat out of his mind -c r a z y- or his name matches what he is doing ... Shill -- ing for Wall Street and the FED.

Treasury securities have about as much "global appeal" as the bubonic plague today
ok, great example. that's from December 1 2010. if you bought the long term treasury ETF on the day he wrote that article, right now you'd be up 23%.

iShares Barclays 20+ Yr Treas.Bond (ETF): NYSE:TLT quotes & news - Google Finance

sounds like plenty of people missed it.
http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ies-rally.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
which is why the Gangsters at the FED have been monetizing the debt. And deflation? Fat chance .... try hyperinflation, or stagflation .... deflation will only occur with specific items that are discretionary, as these purchases will be avoided in order to pay for the inflating prices on necessities .... Food, Energy, and basic must have items will continue to rise because of the devaluation of the currency.

And this is one reason why the inflation calculation omits food and energy in it's figures. Figures.
from your article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary shilling
How To Invest In The Age Of De-Leveraging - Forbes.com
There are many pundits fretting about inflation. Pay no attention to them. The continuing $1 trillion federal deficit reflects private sector weakness, poor tax collections and heavy outlays required to combat unemployment. Don't count on the $2 trillion excess bank reserves created by Bernanke's QE1 and QE2 to cause inflation; the banks still arent lending. They're still smarting from the losses of the loose-lending days and they are facing tighter regulation. Bankers only want the most creditworthy borrowers, but corporate worthies are loaded with cash and solvent consumers are busy paying off debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies