Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:34 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,469 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: language Because he is another bought and paid for, professionally pandering, elitist member of the ruling class that claims we the people are too stupid to think for ourselves. One who believes he was annointed to his seat of "service".

Last edited by jco; 08-22-2007 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: p.Is.s is blacked, but not ass???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 06:50 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
the enormous irony of Ted Kennedy going up against a conservative black man ...
Your post is totally innaccurate. There is no such thing as a conservative black man. They are all white, middle aged, men. Clarence, Condy, Colin, Alberto, etc. do not count. They were forced to be conservatives by Bush and his big white buddies.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:56 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Default Man!

Quote:
Firstly, Baystater, (or as Ted would say. "Firstly, Bay Stay-TA"), Massachusetts has only one "e"
Man! I even ran that through the spell check. Sorry guys. Maybe I have to run my content through Word first just to make sure. Anyways we I post just expect to see some spelling errors.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:51 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Your post is totally innaccurate. There is no such thing as a conservative black man. They are all white, middle aged, men. Clarence, Condy, Colin, Alberto, etc. do not count. They were forced to be conservatives by Bush and his big white buddies.
You are mistaken, tnbound. Black men can indeed be conservative, if only they abandon, for the time being, their true black nature. In the same way, white men can be non-racist---all they have to do is put their confederate flags, swastikas, and white hoods into storage, pretend to be "tolerant", and "fake it" a bit...not easy, but it can be done....

Old 08-22-2007, 11:37 AM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, I never knew he was a Bush twin
LOL
Good one!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:17 PM

195 posts, read 230,960 times
Oh, Ted "the conscience of the Senate" Kennedy, as the liberals prefer to call him? The fact that liberals grant Ted Kennedy any authority in deeming morality is reflective of how out of touch their values are. You can't bring up Teddy and hatred of him and not go into his taking a drive off a bridge, swimming to shore, going home, sleeping, and several hours later alerting authorities that Mary Jo was with him, and didn't make it out of his car.
More reasons to dislike him? He's a drunk, he's a joke to the entire country, he's a hypocrite, but most of all what he stands for is really bad for America: high taxes, welfare, abortion, government intrusion, the list could go on and on. And he's really, really fat. Oh, I forgot to say while I lived in Boston, he was my senator for 9 embarrassing years. Needless to say, I never once voted for him.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:23 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Quote:
Firstly, Baystater, (or as Ted would say. "Fistly, Bay Stay-tah"), Massachusetts has only one "e"

Secondly, I don't hate Ted Kennedy, though as is true with so many liberals, I find it personally astounding that he can truly espouse some of the stuff he claims to believe in. Extreme left-leaning people always strike me as if they're feeling guilty over something, and trying to atone for it by their world-view. Guilt is fine, particularly if it has a reason, but nevertheless that's how it sounds to my ears. And Ted is one of the star examples of this.
I don't follow him too closely, but I do remember years ago when he sat on the board that evaluated Anita Hill's sexual-harrassment charges against the then-prospective new Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas.
Ted sat there for days, as I recall, and seemed very uncomfortable. Even his teflon-coated impenetrable politician's "hide", it seems, couldn't withstand the enormous irony of Ted Kennedy going up against a conservative black man in a rather murky case which sought to demonstrate Thomas's cavalier disregard of women. You asked that we not refer to (that Island near Edgartown), but I've got to tell you that ALL EYES were on ol' Ted as he sat QUIETLY for hours on end, fiddling with his collar and tie, sipping water, and looking at the ceiling. How on EARTH, everyone was wondering, would someone ask Ted, of all people, to take a stand for the rights of a WOMAN, after what had happened on that dark night on that small island adjacent to Martha's Vineyard---an island which, per your request, I won't name......
I personally call it the piggy moore syndrome.. although I suppose michael mooreitis would also work..

That was one of the best posts I've ever seen. I'd give it + rep, but it seems I have to spread the love around to 3 million other people before I can give the same person another rep.. strange system here

Old 08-22-2007, 02:35 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Those who would hate kennedy for being drunk may want to consider the fact that both Bush and Cheney have had DUI charges against them, the difference between them and Kennedy is a matter of luck and timing more than anything else.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:46 PM

195 posts, read 230,960 times
burdell, firstly Bush is on the wagon and has been for many years, unlike fat Teddy. Secondly, neither Bush nor Cheney were involved in rape and murder cases as Teddy was when he took the ride off the bridge and in Palm Beach a few years back. I'd wager a bet alcohol was involved in both of those Teddy incidents.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:56 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2kidsmom View Post
burdell, firstly Bush is on the wagon and has been for many years, unlike fat Teddy. Secondly, neither Bush nor Cheney were involved in rape and murder cases as Teddy was when he took the ride off the bridge and in Palm Beach a few years back. I'd wager a bet alcohol was involved in both of those Teddy incidents.
If you read my post I said those who would hate him for being drunk, I made no mention of any other reasons.

Do you know for a fact Teddy is still drinking? For that matter how do you know Bush isn't?

Was Teddy convicted of rape or murder or in your world is he not entitled to the same degree of justice (a trial) as Saddam Hussein was given?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies