Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:50 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I use a CC for any online payments and use paper (statement with a mailed in check) to pay my CC. No auto-anything from my bank account. I've read enough stories to not even take a chance.
I push payments from my credit cards to all my bills using automatic payments. I push payments from my banks to my credit card automatically. I never let the billers pull from my accounts. Never had an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 01:54 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Oh look more fees

American, US Air add surcharges in wake of EU law
Representatives of American Airlines and US Airways Group confirmed on Friday that both have matched a $3 surcharge each way unveiled by Delta Air Lines Inc on fares purchased in the United States for flights between the United States and Europe. The move would help offset the cost of the European Union carbon emissions law that took effect on January 1.

Some industry watchers have said airfares between the United States and Europe could rise as much as $90 as carriers look to pass along the expense to passengers.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:24 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
I think those hidden fees should have to be stated up front in the price instead of in the small print. Like

ONLY $50 PER YEAR PLUS $3 EVERY TIME YOU PAY BY CREDIT CARD AND $4 EVERYTIME YOU PAY BY PHONE AND A $2 ENVELOPE OPENING FEE EVERY TIME YOU PAY THE OLD FASHIONED WAY PLUS A $1 CASHING THE CHECK FEE OR A $ COUNTING THE CASH FEE AND A 50 CENT ANSWERING THE PHONE FEE EVERYTIME YOU CALL US!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2012, 02:54 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
The simple solution is the mouthbreathing public should stop reaching for their torches and pitchforks and demanding someone save them from their bad decision making.

"Oh boo hoo, I had 97 overdraft charges and the bank took all my money". Well, manage your money better. Instead, to pander to these morons, government passes all sorts of regulation that forces these enterprises to simply make up the lost revenue via other streams, usually at the expense of those of us who aren't complete idiots who thinks the world owes us something.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:46 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
and again

Spirit Adds $2 "Dept. Of Transportation Unintended Consequences Fee"
"Spirit believes that consumers have a right to know that this misguided regulation is expensive and is hitting consumers directly in their pocket books" according to a statement released on the company's website.

But the nation's transportation chief disagrees.

"This is just another example of the disrespect with which too many airlines treat their passengers," Department of Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said in an e-mailed statement. "Rather than coming up with new and unnecessary fees to charge their customers, airlines should focus on providing fair and transparent service -- that's what our common sense rules are designed to ensure."

Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
If you double-bag my groceries i'll smack you across the forehead.

(That's your penalty for supporting a liberal government who taxes me 5 cents for each plastic bag. )

Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times
The typical American isn't angry. The typical American is too stupid to realize that every time there's some sort of "reform" put out there by which politicians smile their plastic smiles and claim they've done the world a great service, that it just means the money being taken from whatever's being "reformed" will be coming directly out of that American's pocket. This is a nation of retards.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
"Oh boo hoo, I had 97 overdraft charges and the bank took all my money". Well, manage your money better. Instead, to pander to these morons, government passes all sorts of regulation that forces these enterprises to simply make up the lost revenue via other streams, usually at the expense of those of us who aren't complete idiots who thinks the world owes us something.
Bingo. I had this epiphany quite a while ago. The profit margins won't change, only the methods. I would much rather have the opportunity to avoid those fees by not overdrawing my bank account than have them shoved down my throat.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:31 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Well, Sam, this thread is now another year older. When the means of 'making a living' changes it's definitions & paradigm terms on a quarterly basis yielding a legalized predator... an industry acting lock step is not capitalism. It's another breed.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:10 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Well, Sam, this thread is now another year older. When the means of 'making a living' changes it's definitions & paradigm terms on a quarterly basis yielding a legalized predator... an industry acting lock step is not capitalism. It's another breed.
Que?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies