Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 PM

604 posts, read 750,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
These clueless people want to destroy the free market. They want to destroy small businesses as well as corporate businesses.
This movement is not about destroyed business or corporations, it's about ridding corruption that has plagued our political system.

In Colorado, you can be charged with a felony for speaking out against the Beef Industry... isn't that Freedom of Speech?

#occupywallstreet is being tracked in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, but not North America.... hmmm.... I can't believe with all the protests no one has used that in twitter (use trendsmap if you'd like to search for yourself)

JP Morgan graciously 'donated' $4.6 million to the NYPD.... and they began making arrests... last I checked up to 700

"New York Democrats Argue Free Speech is a Privilege That Can be Revoked"
Should we be seeing things that contradict the Constitution being proposed by States for laws?

There are a lot of problems with the United States, but when things begin to go against the Constitution and no one is stopping it... there's a problem.

I'm not against corporations, I agree that a fix to the US economy would be to impose tariffs on cheap labor goods and to increase tax cuts on companies who build factories in America so that Americans can work at a factory for a living wage, they (OccupyWallStreet) propose this, but it's a bit more extreme....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 10:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
This movement is not about destroyed business or corporations, it's about ridding corruption that has plagued our political system.

In Colorado, you can be charged with a felony for speaking out against the Beef Industry... isn't that Freedom of Speech?

#occupywallstreet is being tracked in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, but not North America.... hmmm.... I can't believe with all the protests no one has used that in twitter (use trendsmap if you'd like to search for yourself)

JP Morgan graciously 'donated' $4.6 million to the NYPD.... and they began making arrests... last I checked up to 700

"New York Democrats Argue Free Speech is a Privilege That Can be Revoked"
Should we be seeing things that contradict the Constitution being proposed by States for laws?

There are a lot of problems with the United States, but when things begin to go against the Constitution and no one is stopping it... there's a problem.

I'm not against corporations, I agree that a fix to the US economy would be to impose tariffs on cheap labor goods and to increase tax cuts on companies who build factories in America so that Americans can work at a factory for a living wage, they (OccupyWallStreet) propose this, but it's a bit more extreme....
Actually, the movement is confused. Listen to sound bytes from various protestors. There does not seem to be a cohesive message.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:57 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Actually, the movement is confused. Listen to sound bytes from various protestors. There does not seem to be a cohesive message.
Quote:
“As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together,” the declaration stated. “We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.”

“As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power.”
Wall Street protesters approve

Sounds extremely cohesive to me as did the people that I was speaking with on Wall Street today.

It is a new movement and growng rapidly. It was only a mattter of time before something of this nature happened. It will naturally and organically find its center of gravity and choose its spokespeople and clearly define its demands and grievances.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 AM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Wall Street protesters approve

Sounds extremely cohesive to me as did the people that I was speaking with on Wall Street today.

It is a new movement and growng rapidly. It was only a mattter of time before something of this nature happened. It will naturally and organically find its center of gravity and choose its spokespeople and clearly define its demands and grievances.
I agree...This is going to grow into a very big deal, and it's long past due.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:18 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
As a small business owner, I disagree with you. Wall Street and big banks have not created barriers for me.
Capitalist swine! You shall be the first we hang! But first, um, can I buy some rope off of you?

Old 10-06-2011, 02:21 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Feeble! A thread for small minds.
I thought this thread was about midgets, I mean small people who own businesses.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:40 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Capitalist swine! You shall be the first we hang! But first, um, can I buy some rope off of you?
Sure, but it will be made in China and will break during first use.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:58 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
the big banks and wall street are what's hurting little business.. not protestors...

How are they doing that?

Old 10-06-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post

That's a GOVERNMENT problem. Not a banking or Wall Street problem.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
near their protest areas. Selfish idiots!

These nutcases have no idea how the world turns. This effort will blow over soon. They don't even know what they want to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies